Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
08-10-2016, 06:09 AM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(08-10-2016 03:01 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Valid fear there, unless the Rump just says, "Ha, ha, got you all going there, suckers!" if he loses.

If (hopefully when) the Drumpf loses he will just play the martyr and claim that the election was stolen from him by the great liberal conspiracy. The problem is that many will buy into that and he'll be a hero to his "basket of deplorables" which will allow him to never actually examine why he's considered to be such a disgusting piece of shit.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2016, 07:06 AM
(08-10-2016 05:56 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(08-10-2016 05:46 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I can do that too. Here is Hilary laughing about setting a rapist free. Now I see why she likes islamists so much.

hmmmmm .... Consider .... let's see what Snopes has to say. So if by "setting free" you mean "going to jail", well that's some deep metaphysical shit right there.

those pesky 'facts' don't have the ring of truthiness that he craves, GM.
08-10-2016, 07:24 AM
(08-10-2016 05:56 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(08-10-2016 05:46 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I can do that too. Here is Hilary laughing about setting a rapist free. Now I see why she likes islamists so much.

hmmmmm .... Consider .... let's see what Snopes has to say. So if by "setting free" you mean "going to jail", well that's some deep metaphysical shit right there.

Thank pasta (pbuh) for Snopes.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
08-10-2016, 07:27 AM
(08-10-2016 06:09 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(08-10-2016 03:01 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Valid fear there, unless the Rump just says, "Ha, ha, got you all going there, suckers!" if he loses.

If (hopefully when) the Drumpf loses he will just play the martyr and claim that the election was stolen from him by the great liberal conspiracy. The problem is that many will buy into that and he'll be a hero to his "basket of deplorables" which will allow him to never actually examine why he's considered to be such a disgusting piece of shit.

Win or lose, the man will be dangerous. He loses, he will throw out casual remarks (as he already has ) about someone ought to take care of this or do that - and someone in the basket of deplorables will rise to the occasion.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
08-10-2016, 09:37 AM
(08-10-2016 07:27 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(08-10-2016 06:09 AM)unfogged Wrote:  If (hopefully when) the Drumpf loses he will just play the martyr and claim that the election was stolen from him by the great liberal conspiracy. The problem is that many will buy into that and he'll be a hero to his "basket of deplorables" which will allow him to never actually examine why he's considered to be such a disgusting piece of shit.

Win or lose, the man will be dangerous. He loses, he will throw out casual remarks (as he already has ) about someone ought to take care of this or do that - and someone in the basket of deplorables will rise to the occasion.
I'm pretty sure inciting insurrection or assassination is illegal even in the USA. Trump is a nasty vindictive asshole but I don't think he's stupid enough to do anything to put his nice comfortable lifestyle at risk.
08-10-2016, 09:41 AM
(08-10-2016 09:37 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(08-10-2016 07:27 AM)Dom Wrote:  Win or lose, the man will be dangerous. He loses, he will throw out casual remarks (as he already has ) about someone ought to take care of this or do that - and someone in the basket of deplorables will rise to the occasion.
I'm pretty sure inciting insurrection or assassination is illegal even in the USA. Trump is a nasty vindictive asshole but I don't think he's stupid enough to do anything to put his nice comfortable lifestyle at risk.

He's not stupid, but he is deluded in a bad way.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
08-10-2016, 03:38 PM
(08-10-2016 09:41 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(08-10-2016 09:37 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I'm pretty sure inciting insurrection or assassination is illegal even in the USA. Trump is a nasty vindictive asshole but I don't think he's stupid enough to do anything to put his nice comfortable lifestyle at risk.

He's not stupid, but he is deluded in a bad way.

He certainly is Dom, he certainly isSad
09-10-2016, 03:49 AM
(08-10-2016 03:38 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(08-10-2016 09:41 AM)Dom Wrote:  He's not stupid, but he is deluded in a bad way.

He certainly is Dom, he certainly isSad

But, what if he has an even worse hidden agenda?

An image just came into my mind, the MC in "Running Man". I can see T Rump there in my mind's eye.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
09-10-2016, 04:43 AM
(09-10-2016 03:49 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  
(08-10-2016 03:38 PM)adey67 Wrote:  He certainly is Dom, he certainly isSad

But, what if he has an even worse hidden agenda?

An image just came into my mind, the MC in "Running Man". I can see T Rump there in my mind's eye.

Yeah but I don't think even Trump with all his wealth and power would get away with incitement of any kind, the biggest danger I see is one or a group of his brain-dead hick supporters initiating a lone wolf action without any encouragement from him at all, I can quite see that happening.
09-10-2016, 06:56 AM
(09-10-2016 04:43 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(09-10-2016 03:49 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  But, what if he has an even worse hidden agenda?

Yeah but I don't think even Trump with all his wealth and power would get away with incitement of any kind, the biggest danger I see is one or a group of his brain-dead hick supporters initiating a lone wolf action without any encouragement from him at all, I can quite see that happening.

Oh, he can incite with "innocuous" statements that he "didn't mean" like that. Very hard to prove unless he outright calls for action. He wouldn't do that, he would drop little remarks about how so and so deserves such and such...