Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
09-10-2016, 07:08 AM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(08-10-2016 09:37 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Trump is a nasty vindictive asshole but I don't think he's stupid enough to do anything to put his nice comfortable lifestyle at risk.

I’m not so sure. What are the chances that a man who has zero self-control, is a narcissist and has what appears to be a damaged frontal lobe* while craving public attention can successfully keep from ever saying something that could jeopardize his lifestyle?

In fact he already has, many business relations have distanced themselves from him, the PGA has abandoned his venues, retailers like Macy have dropped his line of clothes, NASCAR, ESPN have turned away as well.
http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/donald-t...id/653899/

*The function of the frontal lobe involves the ability to project future consequences resulting from current actions , the choice between good and bad actions (or better and best) (also known as conscience), the override and suppression of socially unacceptable responses, and the determination of similarities and differences between things or events.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
09-10-2016, 07:46 AM
I can see T Rump laughing off the cancellations in terms of lost income, just Wiki'd his organisation - phew!

But, the loss of face at this time? For a man who is 90% face?

Someone said something about making the first million being tough, then it not taking genius to make the second. That was decades ago, make it "billion" now.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
09-10-2016, 08:39 AM
(09-10-2016 07:08 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(08-10-2016 09:37 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Trump is a nasty vindictive asshole but I don't think he's stupid enough to do anything to put his nice comfortable lifestyle at risk.

I’m not so sure. What are the chances that a man who has zero self-control, is a narcissist and has what appears to be a damaged frontal lobe* while craving public attention can successfully keep from ever saying something that could jeopardize his lifestyle?

In fact he already has, many business relations have distanced themselves from him, the PGA has abandoned his venues, retailers like Macy have dropped his line of clothes, NASCAR, ESPN have turned away as well.
http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/donald-t...id/653899/

*The function of the frontal lobe involves the ability to project future consequences resulting from current actions , the choice between good and bad actions (or better and best) (also known as conscience), the override and suppression of socially unacceptable responses, and the determination of similarities and differences between things or events.

You forgot about Tic Tacs. They've distanced themselves too.

[Image: 3939D96D00000578-3828823-Tic_Tac_USA_on_...116354.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
09-10-2016, 01:14 PM
Does this election feel like the last season of a bad TV show, with the writers and directors just going crazy?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 3 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
09-10-2016, 01:25 PM
(09-10-2016 01:14 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Does this election feel like the last season of a bad TV show, with the writers and directors just going crazy?
Oh yeah. Truth really is stranger than fiction. A political TV show (like House of Cards) with this election cycle as its plot probably would have been criticized for being completely unrealistic and yet... here we are.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post
09-10-2016, 04:04 PM
It's looking more and more like the title of the thread was right after all. We don't have to fear a Trump presidency. Whew! Bullet dodged. Now, someone please tell me I don't have to worry about a Hilary presidency. Please!

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
09-10-2016, 04:04 PM
(09-10-2016 01:25 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(09-10-2016 01:14 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Does this election feel like the last season of a bad TV show, with the writers and directors just going crazy?
Oh yeah. Truth really is stranger than fiction. A political TV show (like House of Cards) with this election cycle as its plot probably would have been criticized for being completely unrealistic and yet... here we are.

I've been saying this to my friends for nearly a year now!

10-10-2016, 05:48 AM
(09-10-2016 04:43 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(09-10-2016 03:49 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  But, what if he has an even worse hidden agenda?

An image just came into my mind, the MC in "Running Man". I can see T Rump there in my mind's eye.

Yeah but I don't think even Trump with all his wealth and power would get away with incitement of any kind, the biggest danger I see is one or a group of his brain-dead hick supporters initiating a lone wolf action without any encouragement from him at all, I can quite see that happening.

The majority of lone wolf attacks are muslim in nature. I am telling you, Hillary is the one with a hidden agenda. Also, despite what you may think. There is not some big red button that says "Nuke" on it for Trump to press. Even the president needs there to be an agreement on whether or not to launch even a single nuke. To imply otherwise is dishonest.
10-10-2016, 06:00 AM
(10-10-2016 05:48 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  The majority of lone wolf attacks are muslim in nature. I am telling you, Hillary is the one with a hidden agenda.

Really ? References required. *As if* we should buy anything you sell. LMAO.

I was wrong about him "looming" over her on stage last night. She was probably delighted by his "stalking" her on stage.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
10-10-2016, 06:32 AM
(10-10-2016 05:48 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(09-10-2016 04:43 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Yeah but I don't think even Trump with all his wealth and power would get away with incitement of any kind, the biggest danger I see is one or a group of his brain-dead hick supporters initiating a lone wolf action without any encouragement from him at all, I can quite see that happening.

The majority of lone wolf attacks are muslim in nature. I am telling you, Hillary is the one with a hidden agenda. Also, despite what you may think. There is not some big red button that says "Nuke" on it for Trump to press. Even the president needs there to be an agreement on whether or not to launch even a single nuke. To imply otherwise is dishonest.

[Image: the-true-origin-of-the-tin-foil-hat-and-...rnment.jpg]

What hidden agenda? She's as fond of drone-striking brown people on the far side of the planet as Obama is.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]