Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
10-10-2016, 10:18 AM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(10-10-2016 10:14 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(10-10-2016 10:03 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Since 2010, 7 out of 27 lone wolves have been Muslim . [ibid]

A very angry little pixieLaugh out load

Yeah, we don't need none of your steenking facts and figures, just "mah feelz".

Laugh out load
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2016, 10:22 AM
When Birdy posts in this thread....

[Image: tumblr_nb1sc5AwiD1rey868o1_500.gif]

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
10-10-2016, 10:56 AM
(10-10-2016 10:18 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(10-10-2016 10:14 AM)adey67 Wrote:  A very angry little pixieLaugh out load

Yeah, we don't need none of your steenking facts and figures, just "mah feelz".

Laugh out load

Buuurt they took our juurbs ! Tongue Laugh out load
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
10-10-2016, 11:04 AM
(10-10-2016 10:22 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  When Birdy posts in this thread....

[Image: tumblr_nb1sc5AwiD1rey868o1_500.gif]
I prefer this one. Big Grin

[Image: ef4.gif]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
10-10-2016, 11:09 AM
(10-10-2016 09:42 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(10-10-2016 09:24 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Not that often I feel the need to disagree with you, EK, but the colour of terrorists does not matter, white, brown, green or purple ones are still terrorists and deserve the same response.

Now, whether or not drones are the right response is certainly debatable. Do I remember rightly that one of bin Laden's wives actively protected him? That kids and totally innocent neighbours may be killed does mitigate against drone attacks but, for me, that is the only reason they concern me. If these people support "remote control terrorism" against the West then - fair enough it should be applied to them.

So long as these are the right targets and not some intelligence FU, too many of those. Or some sub-leader's way of getting rid of the top man to take the lead.

I was merely pointing out the absurdity of insinuating that someone as evidently hawkish as Clinton is a fuckin' Manchurian candidate for radical Islam.

Oh.

OK.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
10-10-2016, 12:10 PM
“I think this whole videotape thing was planned, I think it was timed, I think it might have even been a conspiracy among the establishment Republicans who’ve known about it for weeks and who tried to time it to do the maximum damage to Donald Trump. I think establishment Republicans created a time machine and bugged the "locker room" where this discussion took place.”

--Jerry Fallwell Jr.

Okay, the bolded text is made up. Still, I'll bet that JF jr. was thinking it. Tongue

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
10-10-2016, 12:20 PM
(10-10-2016 09:42 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I was merely pointing out the absurdity of insinuating that someone as evidently hawkish as Clinton is a fuckin' Manchurian candidate for radical Islam.

Oh, poor naive EK. Weeping

Don't you see the fiendish cleverness that entails?
'They' brainwashed her to think that attacking those countries would be a winning strategy when it was clear it would just inflame them even more. Shocking
It's all about bringing the end times. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-10-2016, 11:31 PM
In Birdguy's defense, 7 of 27 (without checking the veracity) is still a scary large percentage - nearly 1/4. Additionally, there are active Muslim leaders, speaking on behalf of Allah, encouraging this type of mentality. I have seen the effects first hand. There is absolutely reason to be fearful of this. Few circumstances can convince otherwise good people to do such terrible things as religious ideology. The authority of God is absolute.

11-10-2016, 06:53 AM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2016 07:00 AM by GirlyMan.)
(10-10-2016 11:31 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  In Birdguy's defense, 7 of 27 (without checking the veracity) is still a scary large percentage - nearly 1/4.

More than 1/4 (25.9%) silly. And the rate since '93 is almost the same (23.2%) so it doesn't seem like there's any particular trend towards increased lone wolf Muslim attacks (but note that we are talking only about lone wolves). And I was busting Birdbrain's balls for 1) not understanding what a fucking majority means and 2) not bothering to even goggle his claims before posting. The latter being almost a given in his posts.

(10-10-2016 11:31 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Additionally, there are active Muslim leaders, speaking on behalf of Allah, encouraging this type of mentality. I have seen the effects first hand. There is absolutely reason to be fearful of this. Few circumstances can convince otherwise good people to do such terrible things as religious ideology. The authority of God is absolute.

The Neo-nazis appear to be equally convincing and the the anti-abortion activists ain't far behind (granted the PP terrorists are also God slaves, think the neo-Nazis are just fucking racist).

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
11-10-2016, 09:25 PM
(11-10-2016 06:53 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-10-2016 11:31 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  In Birdguy's defense, 7 of 27 (without checking the veracity) is still a scary large percentage - nearly 1/4.

More than 1/4 (25.9%) silly. And the rate since '93 is almost the same (23.2%) so it doesn't seem like there's any particular trend towards increased lone wolf Muslim attacks (but note that we are talking only about lone wolves). And I was busting Birdbrain's balls for 1) not understanding what a fucking majority means and 2) not bothering to even goggle his claims before posting. The latter being almost a given in his posts.

(10-10-2016 11:31 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Additionally, there are active Muslim leaders, speaking on behalf of Allah, encouraging this type of mentality. I have seen the effects first hand. There is absolutely reason to be fearful of this. Few circumstances can convince otherwise good people to do such terrible things as religious ideology. The authority of God is absolute.

The Neo-nazis appear to be equally convincing and the the anti-abortion activists ain't far behind (granted the PP terrorists are also God slaves, think the neo-Nazis are just fucking racist).

Perhaps skinheads/neo-nazis are as dangerous on average, and I perceive them as less dangerous to me and mine because I am white, and less likely to be targeted. But, I do not think that is the case. Perhaps the media is brainwashing me? Again, I think not. What's more likely is that Muslim attackers are more effective at causing more damage and causing deaths. I am also unsure how you are calculating lone wolf vs organized attacks, but I imagine you would not include any attacks from skinheads as "organized", or else very few of them, because that doesn't seem to happen very often. No?