Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
11-10-2016, 11:08 PM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2016 03:21 AM by epronovost.)
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(11-10-2016 09:25 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Perhaps skinheads/neo-nazis are as dangerous on average, and I perceive them as less dangerous to me and mine because I am white, and less likely to be targeted. But, I do not think that is the case. Perhaps the media is brainwashing me? Again, I think not. What's more likely is that Muslim attackers are more effective at causing more damage and causing deaths. I am also unsure how you are calculating lone wolf vs organized attacks, but I imagine you would not include any attacks from skinheads as "organized", or else very few of them, because that doesn't seem to happen very often. No?

Since 9/11, twice more people have been killed by extreme right groups in the US (not necessarly neo-nazi, but also KKK and militia, etc). The Orlando Night Club shooting has reversed those numbers due to its high number of victims. Most crime commited by fringe far-right groups are committed against police officers, ethnic minority churches and abortion clinics. It's good to mention that media usually avoid referring to non-muslim crimes that could be qualified has politically motivated terrorist attack as terrorist (preferring the term thug if they are black or mentally deranged if they are white). At least that's what I managed to grab from wikipedia and the SPLC.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like epronovost's post
11-10-2016, 11:21 PM
Geez, the recent WikiLeaks e-mail batches have been pretty damning. I doubt the voting population at large is going to put in the effort to keep up with them, though.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
12-10-2016, 12:54 AM
(10-10-2016 05:48 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  The majority of lone wolf attacks are Muslim in nature. [...]

Nope. As others here have commented, this is demonstrably untrue.

"Right wing extremists kill and injure more people in lone wolf attacks than Islamic terrorists acting alone, according to a report by a security think tank.

The Royal United Services Institute (RUSI) in London says in its report 'Countering Lone Actor Terrorism' that right wing extremists across Europe present a substantial threat to the public that should not be overlooked.

It details the cases of 94 people who were killed and 260 who were injured in attacks by [non-religious] far-right terrorists acting on their own between the start of 2000 and the end of 2014. In contrast, religiously inspired lone attacks killed 16 and injured 65 people.

The report says the intense focus among the public and in the media on the danger from the Islamic terrorist threat is at odds with the reality of the threat posed by right wing lone wolves."

The Guardian Australia, 22 June 2016

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
12-10-2016, 01:25 AM
(12-10-2016 12:54 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(10-10-2016 05:48 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  The majority of lone wolf attacks are Muslim in nature. [...]

Nope. As others here have commented, this is demonstrably untrue.

"Right wing extremists kill and injure more people in lone wolf attacks than Islamic terrorists acting alone, according to a report by a security think tank.

The Royal United Services Institute (RUSI) in London says in its report 'Countering Lone Actor Terrorism' that right wing extremists across Europe present a substantial threat to the public that should not be overlooked.

It details the cases of 94 people who were killed and 260 who were injured in attacks by [non-religious] far-right terrorists acting on their own between the start of 2000 and the end of 2014. In contrast, religiously inspired lone attacks killed 16 and injured 65 people.

The report says the intense focus among the public and in the media on the danger from the Islamic terrorist threat is at odds with the reality of the threat posed by right wing lone wolves."

The Guardian Australia, 22 June 2016

What sort of people are the right wing lone wolves targeting though? Maybe it's people that the general population don't care about, like immigrants?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
12-10-2016, 06:46 AM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2016 06:55 AM by GirlyMan.)
(11-10-2016 09:25 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(11-10-2016 06:53 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The Neo-nazis appear to be equally convincing and the the anti-abortion activists ain't far behind (granted the PP terrorists are also God slaves, think the neo-Nazis are just fucking racist).

I am also unsure how you are calculating lone wolf vs organized attacks, but I imagine you would not include any attacks from skinheads as "organized", or else very few of them, because that doesn't seem to happen very often. No?

Excellent question. But it is not me who is calculating lone wolf vs. organized attacks. I just counted them from the wikipedia page I referenced. It is not clear from the page how they determined lone wolf status. Dunno. For example why aren't the 2002 DC snipers John Allen Muhammad and Lee Boyd Malvo included in the list? And I don't see Roof, Holmes, Lanza, or the Columbine shooters on there either. Think the point is that irrespective of the actual numbers there is a common misconception that "The majority of lone wolf attacks are muslim in nature."

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
12-10-2016, 06:56 AM
(12-10-2016 01:25 AM)morondog Wrote:  What sort of people are the right wing lone wolves targeting though? Maybe it's people that the general population don't care about, like immigrants?

Mainly cops, blacks and Jews.

#sigh
12-10-2016, 07:34 AM
(11-10-2016 11:21 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Geez, the recent WikiLeaks e-mail batches have been pretty damning. I doubt the voting population at large is going to put in the effort to keep up with them, though.

Really? The bits I have seen have been rather pedestrian with only a clickbait para-phrase title to them ie: "Hillary thinks the term "everyday American is a bit clunky" Headline "Hillary Hates Everyday Americans". Granted I don't trust Wikileaks as far as I could throw Assange. A Russian hack funneled through a guy with obvious political motivations and who has sat on these for 6 months 0 credibility.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
12-10-2016, 08:42 AM
(12-10-2016 07:34 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Really? The bits I have seen have been rather pedestrian with only a clickbait para-phrase title to them ie: "Hillary thinks the term "everyday American is a bit clunky" Headline "Hillary Hates Everyday Americans". Granted I don't trust Wikileaks as far as I could throw Assange. A Russian hack funneled through a guy with obvious political motivations and who has sat on these for 6 months 0 credibility.
Exhibit A.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
12-10-2016, 09:04 AM
I feel bad but I cannot get the image out of my mind of birdie counting his cartridges and oiling his shotgun in preparation to avenge his beloved Drumpf. Laugh out load
12-10-2016, 09:23 AM
(12-10-2016 08:42 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(12-10-2016 07:34 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Really? The bits I have seen have been rather pedestrian with only a clickbait para-phrase title to them ie: "Hillary thinks the term "everyday American is a bit clunky" Headline "Hillary Hates Everyday Americans". Granted I don't trust Wikileaks as far as I could throw Assange. A Russian hack funneled through a guy with obvious political motivations and who has sat on these for 6 months 0 credibility.
Exhibit A.

Yeah I'm crazy for not lapping up whatever they leak out. Wikileaks is not a neutral source and given the now known source of these hacks is even more suspect than usual.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense