Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
12-10-2016, 10:34 AM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(12-10-2016 10:26 AM)skyking Wrote:  That did not address my question.
How so? You asked me how someone can tell that they were doctored. The obvious answer is when the people who created them don't claim that they were doctored or when they do claim that they were doctored while at the same time refusing to prove it by showing the original document that has allegedly been altered. They are only ones who have the originals, after all. Think about it, all the DNC would have had to do to discredit the legitimacy of the WikiLeaks e-mail leak was to release a single one of their original e-mails that shows that Assange altered something before release, but they didn't. As far as I know, neither did any of the other people whose documents WikiLeaks has released over the years. Why do you think that is?

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2016, 10:39 AM
(12-10-2016 10:22 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(12-10-2016 10:06 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Wow, really? I don't watch the news so I don't know what they're saying,but I downloaded them and have been reading each of them for myself.

Context really does matter.
You've been reading 6,529 e-mails yourself? Forgive me if I find that hard to believe.

No the speeches. Duh.

I don't have that much fucking time on my hands. Tongue

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
12-10-2016, 10:40 AM
I'll quote Rev's earlier post on the matter.
Quote:Given that they release classified material that the governments they target do not respond to it is just faith in their "noble" intentions.
If they knew that certain emails would never be responded to, they would then have carte blanche to do so.
Whether they did or not remains a valid question. If the absence of a response is all you have, then you have nothing IMO.
12-10-2016, 10:52 AM
I think worrying about a corrupt politician when there is a mentally unstable one trying for office is a moot point.
[+] 7 users Like adey67's post
12-10-2016, 11:02 AM
(12-10-2016 10:52 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I think worrying about a corrupt politician when there is a mentally unstable one trying for office is a moot point.

Besides, find me an "uncorrupt" politician. I don't think you can.
12-10-2016, 11:24 AM
(12-10-2016 10:40 AM)skyking Wrote:  I'll quote Rev's earlier post on the matter.
Quote:Given that they release classified material that the governments they target do not respond to it is just faith in their "noble" intentions.
If they knew that certain emails would never be responded to, they would then have carte blanche to do so.
Whether they did or not remains a valid question. If the absence of a response is all you have, then you have nothing IMO.
I see and acknowledge your point, but it's not very relevant to the current leaks since John Podesta's personal e-mails are neither classified nor owned by any government entity.

(12-10-2016 11:02 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Besides, find me an "uncorrupt" politician. I don't think you can.
Am I the only one who finds it sad that we've collectively become so accepting of this? I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm completely jaded about it as well, but we really shouldn't be. We should be outraged and marching in the streets until it changes.

[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
12-10-2016, 11:27 AM
(12-10-2016 11:24 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(12-10-2016 10:40 AM)skyking Wrote:  I'll quote Rev's earlier post on the matter.
I see and acknowledge your point, but it's not very relevant to the current leaks since John Podesta's personal e-mails are neither classified nor owned by any government entity.

(12-10-2016 11:02 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Besides, find me an "uncorrupt" politician. I don't think you can.
Am I the only one who finds it sad that we've collectively become so accepting of this? I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm completely jaded about it as well, but we really shouldn't be. We should be outraged and marching in the streets until it changes.

Sadly, I think Bernie was as close as we have gotten to it for decades now. Sure he's a politician, but his talk has remained unchanged for many years now. No waffling, no blowing about in the breeze.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
12-10-2016, 11:32 AM
(12-10-2016 11:24 AM)Vosur Wrote:  

I'm jaded about it but also find it profoundly distressing. I don't see any easy way out, though. Revolutions are no fun, and that's about what it would take. And even then, you're probably looking at "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss." I don't think Stalin and his successors were any better than the czars. Plato had some good ideas (I especially like the one about refusing political office to anyone who actively seeks it), but I wouldn't want to live in his republic either.

It's really depressing that out of all the people in this country, we couldn't come with better candidates than the two we've got. But one of them is going to be president. That's the choice we have, and we have to make the best of it (or the least bad, at least).
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
12-10-2016, 11:35 AM
(12-10-2016 11:32 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(12-10-2016 11:24 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Am I the only one who finds it sad that we've collectively become so accepting of this? I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm completely jaded about it as well, but we really shouldn't be. We should be outraged and marching in the streets until it changes.

I'm jaded about it but also find it profoundly distressing. I don't see any easy way out, though. Revolutions are no fun, and that's about what it would take. And even then, you're probably looking at "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss." I don't think Stalin and his successors were any better than the czars. Plato had some good ideas (I especially like the one about refusing political office to anyone who actively seeks it), but I wouldn't want to live in his republic either.

It's really depressing that out of all the people in this country, we couldn't come with better candidates than the two we've got. But one of them is going to be president. That's the choice we have, and we have to make the best of it (or the least bad, at least).

Which is so obviously Clinton unless you have a death wish
12-10-2016, 11:36 AM
I think the ideal outcome, given the current choices, would be for Clinton to get elected and then either stonewalled by a Republican Congress for 4/8 years, or, even better, for her to get impeached so that her much more palpable VP can take over.