Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
04-05-2016, 01:46 PM
(04-05-2016 01:40 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 10:59 AM)KUSA Wrote:  Breaking news! John Katshit just dropped out!

Trump is the man.

President Trump. Say it with me now.

P r e s i d e n t T r u m p

Trump Trump Trump Trump

USA USA USA USA

Stop pretending like you know how this will turn out. You don't.

Everybody knows he will win but are too afraid to admit it.

He is an unstoppable force that gets stronger every day.

Watch and see. He will be the next president of the United States.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2016, 01:54 PM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(04-05-2016 01:46 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 01:40 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Stop pretending like you know how this will turn out. You don't.

Everybody knows he will win but are too afraid to admit it.

B'okay, just like everyone knows god exists but are pretending to not believe it.

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
04-05-2016, 01:57 PM
(04-05-2016 12:31 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 10:18 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Trump will make the welfare kings and queens get jobs by cutting them off.

In order to do this or anything else, Trump would have to (1) win the Presidency, and (2) get Congress to agree with whatever it is he wants to do. I think the chances of either one of those things happening are extremely slim, particularly if the Democrats get control of the Senate.

In any event, Trump all by himself has no power to do anything at all to "welfare queens". What's he going to do, tell them "You're fired!"?

Did Obama have congress on his side when he fucked everyone over? No, he did what he wanted. Did Bush have congress on his side when he fucked everyone with the patriot act? Again, no he did not. Do congress and the senate vote shit laws in just so they can find out what the laws contain? Yes, they do. Congress will allow whatever Trump wants in and like it, or just like Obama and Bush they can be bypassed. I am sick and tired of what our government has turned into, it would be about time that it works for us. Working for the American people or just plain imploding, I really don't care anymore.
04-05-2016, 02:04 PM
(04-05-2016 01:57 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 12:31 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  In order to do this or anything else, Trump would have to (1) win the Presidency, and (2) get Congress to agree with whatever it is he wants to do. I think the chances of either one of those things happening are extremely slim, particularly if the Democrats get control of the Senate.

In any event, Trump all by himself has no power to do anything at all to "welfare queens". What's he going to do, tell them "You're fired!"?

Did Obama have congress on his side when he fucked everyone over? No, he did what he wanted. Did Bush have congress on his side when he fucked everyone with the patriot act? Again, no he did not. Do congress and the senate vote shit laws in just so they can find out what the laws contain? Yes, they do. Congress will allow whatever Trump wants in and like it, or just like Obama and Bush they can be bypassed. I am sick and tired of what our government has turned into, it would be about time that it works for us. Working for the American people or just plain imploding, I really don't care anymore.

Mmm, I'm pretty sure the President can't just make wholesale changes to the US budget by "bypassing Congress". There are some things he can do without them, but that ain't one of them.

Neither Trump nor Clinton (nor Sanders if he had somehow gotten in) can do much of anything without the help of Congress. All this talk about "what I'm going to do when I'm President" is just so much hot air. It doesn't work that way. Obama hasn't done more than a fraction of the things he wanted to do -- because Congress won't let him.

Besides, I hate to break it to you, but Trump isn't President yet, and has a big hill to climb to get there. He won a primary in one state yesterday. That's not the Presidency. Let's keep it in perspective.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
04-05-2016, 02:07 PM
(04-05-2016 01:44 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Trump will just use executive order like Obama does and bypass Congress.

The first EO should be to enforce the current laws.

Quote:Illegal Immigration Laws

Most Americans know our basic laws regarding illegal immigration. It is illegal to enter the United States without permission. The first time an illegal immigrant is caught in the US it is a misdemeanor civil offense. This is because we want to be able to quickly return illegal aliens to Mexico or Canada, when they are caught at the border without the rigors of a jury trial.

After the first offense, being caught a second time is a felony!

It is also against the law to overstay a visa issued by the US Government and illegal for an employer to knowingly hire illegal immigrants.

Our volunteers have compiled this list of illegal immigration laws for your review.

It is Illegal To Bring Illegal Aliens Into US under current Laws
It is unlawful for any person to bring aliens into the United States. Fine: $3,000 for each alien (Sec. 273. [8 U.S.C. 1323])

It is Illegal To Harbor Illegal Immigrants
. It is unlawful to bring in or harbor illegal aliens. Fine: $3,000 for each alien. (Sec. 273. [8 U.S.C. 1323] )

It is Illegal To Employ, Recruit, or Refer Illegal Aliens for Jobs
. It is unlawful for a person or other entity- to employ or recruit or refer for a fee an illegal alien in the United States. Commercial advantage or private financial gain offender can be fined under title 18, US code, imprisoned for not more than 10 years, or both. ...Any person who, during any 12-month period, knowingly hires for employment at least 10 individuals with actual knowledge that the individuals are aliens described in sub paragraph (B) shall be fined under title 18, United States Code, or imprisoned for not more than 5 years, or both. (Sec. 274A. [8 U.S.C. 1324a] )

It is Illegal To Forge Documents for Illegal Immigrants or violate Identity Theft Laws
. It is unlawful for any person or entity knowingly- to forge documents. Legal documents must be presented when entering the US.
( Sec. 274C. [8 U.S.C. 1324c] )
...Fine: not less than $250 and not more than $2,000 for each document that is the subject of a violation.
...Previous violation: not less than $2,000 and not more than $5,000 for each document that is the subject of a violation.

US Laws Declare it is Illegal To Aid or Abet Illegal Immigrants
. It is unlawful for anyone to aid or assist aliens to enter the United States. Penalty: fined under title 18, United States Code, or imprisoned not more than 10 years, or both. ( Sec. 277. [8 U.S.C. 1327] )

LEGAL Immigrants Must Know English, US History, US Laws, and Principles
. No person shall be naturalized as a citizen of the United States who cannot demonstrate: ... An understanding of the English language, including the ability to read, write and and speak words in ordinary usage in the English language.
... A knowledge and understanding of history, and of the principles and form of government, of the United States. ( Sec. 312. [8 U.S.C. 1423] )

Legal Immigrants Must Display Moral Character and No Crime Record
. Requirements as to residence, good moral character, attachment to the principles of the constitution, and favorable disposition to the Untied States. ( Sec. 316. [8 U.S.C. 1427] )

Legal Immigrants Must Be Investigated and Screened for past crimes and terrorism links
. Prior to a person becoming naturalized, or an employee of the service, a personal investigation is required of the individual applying.
( Sec. 335. [8 U.S.C. 1446] )

It is Illegal For Illegal Aliens to Bypass Medical and Physical Exams for illnesses and infectious diseases
. Physical and Mental Examinations are required.
Aliens arriving at ports of the United States will be detained for the purpose of determining whether they are afflicted with any of the diseases or mental or physical defects or disabilities set forth in section 212(a), or whenever the Attorney General has received information showing that any aliens are coming from a country or have embarked at a place where any of such diseases are prevalent or epidemic.
( Sec. 232 [8 U.S.C. 1252] )

Illegal Aliens Deported are ineligible for readmission to US Under Current Laws
. Distressed Aliens:
Any alien who falls into distress or who needs public aid from causes arising prior to his/her entry is desirous of being so removed. Any alien so removed shall be ineligible to apply for or receive a visa or other documentation for readmission, or to apply for admission to the United States except with the prior approval of the Attorney General.
( Sec. 250. [8 U.S.C. 1260] )

It is Illegal for Illegal Immigrants to possess a firearm or ammunition
. It is unlawful for an alien illegally in the United States or an alien admitted to the United States under a non immigrant visa to legally receive or possess firearms and/or ammunition. ( [18 U.S.C. 922(g) and (n), 27 CFR 478.32] )
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
04-05-2016, 02:08 PM
(04-05-2016 02:04 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 01:57 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Did Obama have congress on his side when he fucked everyone over? No, he did what he wanted. Did Bush have congress on his side when he fucked everyone with the patriot act? Again, no he did not. Do congress and the senate vote shit laws in just so they can find out what the laws contain? Yes, they do. Congress will allow whatever Trump wants in and like it, or just like Obama and Bush they can be bypassed. I am sick and tired of what our government has turned into, it would be about time that it works for us. Working for the American people or just plain imploding, I really don't care anymore.

Mmm, I'm pretty sure the President can't just make wholesale changes to the US budget by "bypassing Congress". There are some things he can do without them, but that ain't one of them.

Neither Trump nor Clinton (nor Sanders if he had somehow gotten in) can do much of anything without the help of Congress. All this talk about "what I'm going to do when I'm President" is just so much hot air. It doesn't work that way. Obama hasn't done more than a fraction of the things he wanted to do -- because Congress won't let him.

Besides, I hate to break it to you, but Trump isn't President yet, and has a big hill to climb to get there. He won a primary in one state yesterday. That's not the Presidency. Let's keep it in perspective.

Last I checked Cruz dropped out. Only way I see Trump losing is if Clinton gets voted in. If that happens, I will steal a boat and become a pirate. I won't want to live here anymore.
04-05-2016, 02:09 PM
(04-05-2016 01:54 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 01:46 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Everybody knows he will win but are too afraid to admit it.

B'okay, just like everyone knows god exists but are pretending to not believe it.

Well..... Trump is a God.
04-05-2016, 02:16 PM
(04-05-2016 02:09 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 01:54 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  B'okay, just like everyone knows god exists but are pretending to not believe it.

Well..... Trump is a God.

Nobody is claiming that he is. I just know that the last few presidents have shoved laws down our throats by executive order. With or without the approval of congress or the people. Mainly without, which is why I just want to see the government implode. I would love to see the government fight itself instead of fighting the people it is supposed to be working for.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
04-05-2016, 02:32 PM
(04-05-2016 02:16 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 02:09 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Well..... Trump is a God.

Nobody is claiming that he is. I just know that the last few presidents have shoved laws down our throats by executive order. With or without the approval of congress or the people. Mainly without, which is why I just want to see the government implode. I would love to see the government fight itself instead of fighting the people it is supposed to be working for.

I use the term figuratively.
04-05-2016, 03:36 PM
(04-05-2016 02:08 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 02:04 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Mmm, I'm pretty sure the President can't just make wholesale changes to the US budget by "bypassing Congress". There are some things he can do without them, but that ain't one of them.

Last I checked Cruz dropped out. Only way I see Trump losing is if Clinton gets voted in. If that happens, I will steal a boat and become a pirate. I won't want to live here anymore.

I agree that Trump is virtually certain to win the Republican nomination. But that is not the Presidency. He still has to win a general election, and he is a decided underdog at the moment. You people are talking as if he's already President.

I am as horrified by the prospect of a Trump victory as you are by the prospect of a Clinton victory. But I have no plans to become a pirate or leave the country in either case. We have had bad presidents before. We do our best to work with the government we have. With or without Trump, I can't think of any other country I'd rather live in. But it will be a sad day if he becomes president.
[+] 3 users Like Grasshopper's post