Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
15-10-2016, 07:36 AM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
Here's to hoping she shows you a better side. ( insert wine gif we don't have)
Go into it with an open mind birdguy. Those news outlets you frequent will be serving up bitter pills. Nothing tastes good with bitter pills.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-10-2016, 07:37 AM
(15-10-2016 07:30 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(15-10-2016 06:37 AM)Dom Wrote:  She is "evil" because Trump understands show business and he has not uttered her name without attaching the word "crooked" to it.

He has branded her. "Crooked Hillary" is now a brand, well advertised. No one ever said Trump was stupid. Badly deluded and mentally ill, yes. But not stupid.

That is not it. Even before Trump, I have seen Hilary as evil. She is the very definition of Ice Queen. I swear that robot is not capable of any emotion or of even telling the truth. She herself admitted to having a face she shows the public (to get votes) and a second persona when dealing with her Wall Street friends.

So sober and dispassionate means "evil". Got it.

#sigh
15-10-2016, 07:40 AM
(15-10-2016 07:37 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(15-10-2016 07:30 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  That is not it. Even before Trump, I have seen Hilary as evil. She is the very definition of Ice Queen. I swear that robot is not capable of any emotion or of even telling the truth. She herself admitted to having a face she shows the public (to get votes) and a second persona when dealing with her Wall Street friends.

So sober and dispassionate means "evil". Got it.

No, openly admitting that you lie on a regular basis to get votes and then doing whatever suits you makes you an evil person. Those that do it and don't admit it are far worse, but we deserve to be informed what the plan is so we can make an informed decision.
15-10-2016, 07:41 AM
(15-10-2016 07:40 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(15-10-2016 07:37 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  So sober and dispassionate means "evil". Got it.

No, openly admitting that you lie on a regular basis to get votes and then doing whatever suits you makes you an evil person. Those that do it and don't admit it are far worse, but we deserve to be informed what the plan is so we can make an informed decision.

Where'd she openly admit that she lies?
15-10-2016, 07:59 AM
(15-10-2016 07:40 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(15-10-2016 07:37 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  So sober and dispassionate means "evil". Got it.

So now you're talking about Trump.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
15-10-2016, 08:01 AM
I don't describe Hillary as evil, though I can't say the adjective couldn't be applied to her honestly - and she is definitely crooked. There is an assload of evidence to support that. At the very least she is a corporate shill who has time and again sold out her constituency, and the American people at large, for personal gain. I am not saying she isn't sober and dispassionate in addition to all of those things, but I would prefer the descriptors, calculating and fake instead. Just because one side of the story is bad, does not mean the other side is good. In this case they're both pretty fucking awful.

15-10-2016, 08:22 AM
(15-10-2016 08:01 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  I don't describe Hillary as evil, though I can't say the adjective couldn't be applied to her honestly - and she is definitely crooked. There is an assload of evidence to support that. At the very least she is a corporate shill who has time and again sold out her constituency, and the American people at large, for personal gain. I am not saying she isn't sober and dispassionate in addition to all of those things, but I would prefer the descriptors, calculating and fake instead. Just because one side of the story is bad, does not mean the other side is good. In this case they're both pretty fucking awful.

Mahiavellian sums her up. Boorish buffoon sums him up.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
15-10-2016, 08:36 AM
(15-10-2016 08:22 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(15-10-2016 08:01 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  I don't describe Hillary as evil, though I can't say the adjective couldn't be applied to her honestly - and she is definitely crooked. There is an assload of evidence to support that. At the very least she is a corporate shill who has time and again sold out her constituency, and the American people at large, for personal gain. I am not saying she isn't sober and dispassionate in addition to all of those things, but I would prefer the descriptors, calculating and fake instead. Just because one side of the story is bad, does not mean the other side is good. In this case they're both pretty fucking awful.

Mahiavellian sums her up. Boorish buffoon sums him up.

You're missing an important 'c' there Girly.

Plus, I'll take that in a former Secretary of State over a reality TV star who couldn't find Iraq on a map if his life depended on it; and most assuredly more than just his life depends on it.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
15-10-2016, 08:47 AM (This post was last modified: 15-10-2016 11:27 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(15-10-2016 07:41 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(15-10-2016 07:40 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  No, openly admitting that you lie on a regular basis to get votes and then doing whatever suits you makes you an evil person. Those that do it and don't admit it are far worse, but we deserve to be informed what the plan is so we can make an informed decision.

Where'd she openly admit that she lies?

They both lie, no doubt about it.

But Hillary tells lies you would expect her to, like most professional politicians in an election. She's writing checks that she either can't or won't cash in exchange for enough support to win the election; mixed in with that are still genuine policy positions and things we can be reasonably certain about given her history.

Trump on the other hand is an entirely different creature. He doesn't lie just for political or personal advantage, he just a often appears to lie over the smallest and most inconsequential shit. His lying isn't so much a scheming power move, as often as it appears to be habitual; he has an internal narrative that he alone is attuned to, and will make up the dumbest shit on the fly with no regards to it's validity. He doesn't lie out of necessity, he lies out of convenience, narcissism, and idiocy; and the fact that he seemingly cannot contain himself from doing otherwise scares me far more than the alternative.

Plus, there's that bit where PolitiFacts rated 13% of Hillary's statements to be flatly false, but Trump garnered a hefty 53% of those. So yeah, both awful, but hardly equally so.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
15-10-2016, 09:44 AM
(15-10-2016 08:47 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(15-10-2016 07:41 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Where'd she openly admit that she lies?

They both lie, no doubt about it.

But Hillary lies lies you would expect her to, like most professional politicians in an election. She's writing checks that she either can't or won't cash in exchange for enough support to win the election; mixed in with that are still genuine policy positions and things we can be reasonably certain about given her history.

Trump on the other hand is an entirely different creature. He doesn't lie just for political or personal advantage, he just a often appears to lie over the smallest and most inconsequential shit. His lying isn't so much a scheming power move, as often as it appears to be habitual; he has an internal narrative that he alone is attuned to, and will make up the dumbest shit on the fly with no regards to it's validity. He doesn't lie out of necessity, he lies out of convenience, narcissism, and idiocy; and the fact that he seemingly cannot contain himself from doing otherwise scares me far more than the alternative.

Plus, there's that bit where PolitiFacts rated 13% of Hillary's statements to be flatly false, but Trump garnered a hefty 53% of those. So yeah, both awful, but hardly equally so.

So, it is perfectly acceptable to lie for political and personal gain?