Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
23-10-2016, 11:13 AM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(23-10-2016 10:58 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  If you look at the findings it says if you are a woman, a minority and the more educated you are the more likely you’ll be voting Clinton. Nothing new here.

Yeah, the only unknown at this point is turnout. We just have to hope that the "Trump must NEVER be elected" sentiment trumps the "Clinton isn't what we want or need" sentiment.

They're both in it for the power and prestige more than any desire to actually effect change but at least Clinton has some idea that actions have consequences which gives her some self-control. I don't think Trump understands that at all or has any ability to control himself.

I keep picturing him meeting Queen Elizabeth...

ETA: and you got your 200 pages (at least at the default PPP setting)

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-10-2016, 01:34 PM
(23-10-2016 11:13 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(23-10-2016 10:58 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  If you look at the findings it says if you are a woman, a minority and the more educated you are the more likely you’ll be voting Clinton. Nothing new here.

Yeah, the only unknown at this point is turnout. We just have to hope that the "Trump must NEVER be elected" sentiment trumps the "Clinton isn't what we want or need" sentiment.

They're both in it for the power and prestige more than any desire to actually effect change but at least Clinton has some idea that actions have consequences which gives her some self-control. I don't think Trump understands that at all or has any ability to control himself.

I think she does want to effect change, the power is just a bonus.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
23-10-2016, 01:45 PM
(23-10-2016 01:34 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(23-10-2016 11:13 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Yeah, the only unknown at this point is turnout. We just have to hope that the "Trump must NEVER be elected" sentiment trumps the "Clinton isn't what we want or need" sentiment.

I think she does want to effect change, the power is just a bonus.

My impression is that she wouldn't mind effecting change, especially if that reflects well on her. It is a means, not an end. On the other hand, I don't think she'd intentionally do significant harm just for her own aggrandizement whereas Trump wouldn't even bat an eyelash at potential negative consequences if he got the least crumb of attention out of something.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
23-10-2016, 01:56 PM
(23-10-2016 10:58 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Let’s see if we can get this thread to 200 pages before election.

Poll: Clinton leads by 12 points
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/cl...ews-230199

“Clinton’s 50-percent-to-38-percent lead over Trump in the first ABC News tracking poll, which is comprised of interviews conducted Thursday through Saturday, represents a swing from an ABC News/Washington Post poll following the second Clinton-Trump debate, which showed Clinton ahead by just four points, 47 percent to 43 percent.”

If you look at the findings it says if you are a woman, a minority and the more educated you are the more likely you’ll be voting Clinton. Nothing new here.

Jesus Fucking Christ. 38% of the vote??? Fuck. Nearly 40% of you guys think this ass-clown should be president? Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
23-10-2016, 01:58 PM
Quote:And just 39 percent of likely voters think Clinton winning through vote fraud is a legitimate concern

"Just" 39% ??? JUST? Wow...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
23-10-2016, 02:56 PM
He's an ass hat, period
23-10-2016, 03:48 PM
(23-10-2016 02:56 PM)adey67 Wrote:  He's an ass hat, period

An 'ass hat' used to be called a 'bustle'.

[Image: A5bustle2.jpg]

[Image: 093.jpg]

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
23-10-2016, 03:48 PM
(23-10-2016 01:56 PM)morondog Wrote:  Jesus Fucking Christ. 38% of the vote??? Fuck. Nearly 40% of you guys think this ass-clown should be president? Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.

This is exactly why in the US you never want to have a jury of your peers decide your innocence, 4 out of 10 jurors are going to see things very differently than you’d expect.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
23-10-2016, 05:41 PM
(23-10-2016 03:48 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(23-10-2016 01:56 PM)morondog Wrote:  Jesus Fucking Christ. 38% of the vote??? Fuck. Nearly 40% of you guys think this ass-clown should be president? Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.

This is exactly why in the US you never want to have a jury of your peers decide your innocence, 4 out of 10 jurors are going to see things very differently than you’d expect.

Oh, hell yes. I serve every chance I get (when called). I have seen terminal stupidity in jurors. If nothing else, my vote will counteract one of them and we'll be a hung jury. The stories I have... No
23-10-2016, 05:53 PM
(23-10-2016 05:41 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(23-10-2016 03:48 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  This is exactly why in the US you never want to have a jury of your peers decide your innocence, 4 out of 10 jurors are going to see things very differently than you’d expect.

Oh, hell yes. I serve every chance I get (when called). I have seen terminal stupidity in jurors. If nothing else, my vote will counteract one of them and we'll be a hung jury. The stories I have... No

Do tell. Smile

Fireball’s Jury Horror Stories ~ new thread