Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
24-10-2016, 06:00 PM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
If I haven't pissed someone off by having a political opinion that I'm willing to stand by then I'm not better than Hillary, so when he says "fuck off", I will take it as a compliment. I know full well many of you see Hillary as the only legitimate alternative to a megalomaniacal racist and sexist, and think anyone willing to say there is an option worse than that must be stupid, or naive, or misguided, or a racist sexist. I get that. I still don't agree. That's how little I think of Hillary. She's bought and paid for by people that see us all as stupid serfs to be conquered and plundered. That's what both parties are, really, but Hillary is more conniving than most, and more dangerous too, I think.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-10-2016, 08:05 PM
Trump is "winning". Sure he is. Dodgy

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
24-10-2016, 08:32 PM
(24-10-2016 06:00 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  She’s bought and paid for by people that see us all as stupid serfs to be conquered and plundered.

I read quite a few of the wikileak transcripts when she was addressing the corporations and she was consistent with her message, you have to bring everyone along or it doesn’t work.

I think you need to take the time to read them because I think you are going off of feels and not evidence.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
24-10-2016, 09:28 PM
Terrific short video on how the GOP went from Abe Lincoln to Trump. Lots of history and interesting facts.

https://once-aws-us-east-1-lb.unicornmed...2bc6efd1dd

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
25-10-2016, 12:53 AM
(24-10-2016 06:00 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I know full well many of you see Hillary as the only legitimate alternative to a megalomaniacal racist and sexist, and think anyone willing to say there is an option worse than that must be stupid, or naive, or misguided, or a racist sexist.

But isnt factually HRC the only alternative? I am no expert in the american political system, or how elections are done, but what would be a plausible, factual option to you to vote on November 8th (?) if you want to avoid a "president Trump"?

This is not tongue in cheek or so, im fucking honerst about it.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
25-10-2016, 02:20 AM
I too cannot see HRC as being anything other Than the only viable option to avoiding president drumpf, all politicians are sneeky greedy lying scumbags but to elect a madman instead of a greedy sneaky ho is just sheer folly, I'd take the greedy sneaky ho anytime, at least she's stable.
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
25-10-2016, 02:28 AM
(25-10-2016 02:20 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I too cannot see HRC as being anything other Than the only viable option to avoiding president drumpf, all politicians are sneeky greedy lying scumbags but to elect a madman instead of a greedy sneaky ho is just sheer folly, I'd take the greedy sneaky ho anytime, at least she's stable.

And, so far, Clinton is the more predictable candidate.

(Get the feeling that actually doing the job will seem like a holiday after the past year's shenanigans Smile )

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
25-10-2016, 03:16 AM
(25-10-2016 02:28 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  
(25-10-2016 02:20 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I too cannot see HRC as being anything other Than the only viable option to avoiding president drumpf, all politicians are sneeky greedy lying scumbags but to elect a madman instead of a greedy sneaky ho is just sheer folly, I'd take the greedy sneaky ho anytime, at least she's stable.

And, so far, Clinton is the more predictable candidate.

(Get the feeling that actually doing the job will seem like a holiday after the past year's shenanigans Smile )

She will have to deal with Trump throwing his toys out of the pram and his equally bonkers supporters doing the same thing. Its going to be interesting watching how that one pans out.
[+] 3 users Like adey67's post
25-10-2016, 08:50 AM
(25-10-2016 12:53 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(24-10-2016 06:00 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I know full well many of you see Hillary as the only legitimate alternative to a megalomaniacal racist and sexist, and think anyone willing to say there is an option worse than that must be stupid, or naive, or misguided, or a racist sexist.

But isnt factually HRC the only alternative? I am no expert in the american political system, or how elections are done, but what would be a plausible, factual option to you to vote on November 8th (?) if you want to avoid a "president Trump"?

IF enough people were fed up enough with the two major-party candidates, we could end up with (1) a third-party candidate actually winning the election, or (2) nobody getting the required number of electoral votes, which allows the House of Representatives to decide between the top three vote-getters. Some people think that Bernie Sanders still has a chance via this route.

Realistically, though, I think most people in the US will not vote for a 3rd-party candidate for any reason, so either Clinton or Trump is going to win. #2 above is more likely than #1, but neither seems very likely until a whole bunch of people change their way of thinking. Therefore, I'm voting for "anyone but Trump" (i.e., I'm voting for Clinton).
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
25-10-2016, 09:04 AM
(25-10-2016 08:50 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(25-10-2016 12:53 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  But isnt factually HRC the only alternative? I am no expert in the american political system, or how elections are done, but what would be a plausible, factual option to you to vote on November 8th (?) if you want to avoid a "president Trump"?

IF enough people were fed up enough with the two major-party candidates, we could end up with (1) a third-party candidate actually winning the election, or (2) nobody getting the required number of electoral votes, which allows the House of Representatives to decide between the top three vote-getters. Some people think that Bernie Sanders still has a chance via this route.

Realistically, though, I think most people in the US will not vote for a 3rd-party candidate for any reason, so either Clinton or Trump is going to win. #2 above is more likely than #1, but neither seems very likely until a whole bunch of people change their way of thinking. Therefore, I'm voting for "anyone but Trump" (i.e., I'm voting for Clinton).

Think I might go with the Mormon ex-CIA operative. Don't agree with him on much but at least he's a decent enough fella. If anything this election cycle has made me realize it's how much I value common decency in POTUS. (But it has no place on forums.)

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus