Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
25-10-2016, 07:52 PM (This post was last modified: 25-10-2016 07:55 PM by Dark Light.)
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(25-10-2016 05:47 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(25-10-2016 05:26 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  No, I've read plenty. Perhaps more than you. I think you are specifically referring to the leak about her private speeches, which is only tiny part of the leaks. But, even if you are only going off that, she admitted to having opinions available to the "public" and then she had "private" opinions, implying she say whatever she thinks will get her elected, even if it means bald faced lying. If that isn't enough to concern you, among the 10's of thousands of other emails reveal, or otherwise hint at media collusion with the likes of CNN, Google, NY Times, etc. She has been openly lying about her role in going after Wall Street, despite being funded by the largest, and most hated companies on Wall Street, including the likes of Goldman Sachs, Leiman Brothers, Morgan Stanley, etc. There is also the leaks revealing likely Pay to Play via the Clinton Foundation with the likes of Saudis involved with pretty unscrupulous Saudi "charities" responsible for all sorts of terrible things, and illegal. Of course the leaks themselves would not be possible without Hillary open breaking the law, and receiving absolutely no punishment as she has proven to be above the law. Leaks outside of hers have revealed the DNC selected her as the candidate and then colluded to make it happen in spite of strong support for Sanders. I could really go on, but I really shouldn't need to. I could understand people voting for her to vote "against" Trump, though I obviously wouldn't, but I don't understand anyone who thinks she is a good candidate.

I think she is a good candidate. She knows her stuff, her husband was the only one who significantly reduced the national debt while still supporting full "entitlements" (which to me just means that all the freaking money I paid to the government for my retirement will at least pay me some back.) I don't think she will start any new wars.

Of course she is bought and paid for - every freaking politician is. (That's why people love Sanders and Trump). Even freaking town majors are bought and paid for in many cases.
You aren't going to stop this by choosing someone less qualified. There needs to be change - and it needs to start with lobbying and election finance. I think everyone wants that.

Vilifying her for being a politician is stupid. If you want change, change the system. Electing an incompetent prez isn't going to do anyone any good.

I think you are giving too much credit/blame to any president for the economy during their presidency. If anything, you need to be blaming and giving credit Congress and The Fed, but even that's dubious, as there are a lot of things completely out of their control that can and do drastically effect the economy. If you're hellbent on giving the president credit, as many do, then you are statistically one of the people prone to confirmation bias, E.G. when my candidate's in office and the economy sucks, it was because of the last guy in office, but when it's good it's because my guy is a economics genius that controls everything expertly. Maybe that isn't you, so if it's not, so be it.

It's easy to say that every politician is bought and paid for, but that's not really true. We both know intellectually that there are some honest politicians. The truth is though, that the more prominent of a politician you are, the more likely it is you got there by compromising yourself. There are occasionally exceptions, and there are those at the bottom hoping to sell out, but there are honest politicians.

You seem to be saying, only those who have been corrupted are qualified, as if that is the qualification. I.E. He/She knows how to sell themselves out, therefore they are smart, therefore they are the best choices to govern us. I find that logic to be faulty and intellectually offensive. If you meant otherwise, please clarify your point, because that's exactly what I got out of it.

Just because the likes of Gary Johnson, Jill Stein, and Darrell Castle, as examples, aren't being "sponsored" by Goldman Sachs, does not make them less qualified, it makes them more qualified.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
25-10-2016, 08:27 PM
Any president who takes credit for any economic change for the better, or denies it if it is worse, in the first two years of his (her) term is full of shit. It takes that long before anything the president wants to get enacted into the system, and then it may or may not help that position.
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post
25-10-2016, 08:43 PM
(25-10-2016 08:27 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Any president who takes credit for any economic change for the better, or denies it if it is worse, in the first two years of his (her) term is full of shit. It takes that long before anything the president wants to get enacted into the system, and then it may or may not help that position.

^ QFT.

"Economics columnist Robert J. Samuelson this summer dismissed presidential economic influence, including Reaganomics and Clintonomics, writing, “Sensible voters ... should recognize that if presidents could control the business cycle, recessions would never occur, there would always be 'full employment' and inflation would remain forever tame."

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
25-10-2016, 09:43 PM
(25-10-2016 08:43 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(25-10-2016 08:27 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Any president who takes credit for any economic change for the better, or denies it if it is worse, in the first two years of his (her) term is full of shit. It takes that long before anything the president wants to get enacted into the system, and then it may or may not help that position.

^ QFT.

"Economics columnist Robert J. Samuelson this summer dismissed presidential economic influence, including Reaganomics and Clintonomics, writing, “Sensible voters ... should recognize that if presidents could control the business cycle, recessions would never occur, there would always be 'full employment' and inflation would remain forever tame."

Ohmy I'm used to seeing "QFT" used when someone makes a really stupid statement, but OK.
Even the president of the US, ostensibly "the most powerful person on the planet", has a ton less control than one would think. The Illuminati, on the other hand...Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load
26-10-2016, 01:04 AM
(24-10-2016 03:14 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(24-10-2016 02:51 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  What if the election is being rigged ... by God?

Checkmate, Trumpeteers!

Well... if God picks who wins the election then if Trump loses he can't complain. It just means he was not the chosen one. If he still insists that he *is* the chosen one then that implies that the Devil is stronger than God.

I'm left wondering exactly how much God really likes a cunt.
26-10-2016, 01:12 AM
(25-10-2016 05:26 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(24-10-2016 08:32 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I read quite a few of the wikileak transcripts when she was addressing the corporations and she was consistent with her message, you have to bring everyone along or it doesn’t work.

I think you need to take the time to read them because I think you are going off of feels and not evidence.

No, I've read plenty. Perhaps more than you. I think you are specifically referring to the leak about her private speeches, which is only tiny part of the leaks. But, even if you are only going off that, she admitted to having opinions available to the "public" and then she had "private" opinions, implying she say whatever she thinks will get her elected, even if it means bald faced lying. If that isn't enough to concern you, among the 10's of thousands of other emails reveal, or otherwise hint at media collusion with the likes of CNN, Google, NY Times, etc. She has been openly lying about her role in going after Wall Street, despite being funded by the largest, and most hated companies on Wall Street, including the likes of Goldman Sachs, Leiman Brothers, Morgan Stanley, etc. There is also the leaks revealing likely Pay to Play via the Clinton Foundation with the likes of Saudis involved with pretty unscrupulous Saudi "charities" responsible for all sorts of terrible things, and illegal. Of course the leaks themselves would not be possible without Hillary open breaking the law, and receiving absolutely no punishment as she has proven to be above the law. Leaks outside of hers have revealed the DNC selected her as the candidate and then colluded to make it happen in spite of strong support for Sanders. I could really go on, but I really shouldn't need to. I could understand people voting for her to vote "against" Trump, though I obviously wouldn't, but I don't understand anyone who thinks she is a good candidate.

She may not be a good candidate -- I sure agree with many of your criticisms -- but between her and Trump, she is hands-down the better candidate.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
26-10-2016, 01:52 AM
(26-10-2016 01:12 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(25-10-2016 05:26 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  No, I've read plenty. Perhaps more than you. I think you are specifically referring to the leak about her private speeches, which is only tiny part of the leaks. But, even if you are only going off that, she admitted to having opinions available to the "public" and then she had "private" opinions, implying she say whatever she thinks will get her elected, even if it means bald faced lying. If that isn't enough to concern you, among the 10's of thousands of other emails reveal, or otherwise hint at media collusion with the likes of CNN, Google, NY Times, etc. She has been openly lying about her role in going after Wall Street, despite being funded by the largest, and most hated companies on Wall Street, including the likes of Goldman Sachs, Leiman Brothers, Morgan Stanley, etc. There is also the leaks revealing likely Pay to Play via the Clinton Foundation with the likes of Saudis involved with pretty unscrupulous Saudi "charities" responsible for all sorts of terrible things, and illegal. Of course the leaks themselves would not be possible without Hillary open breaking the law, and receiving absolutely no punishment as she has proven to be above the law. Leaks outside of hers have revealed the DNC selected her as the candidate and then colluded to make it happen in spite of strong support for Sanders. I could really go on, but I really shouldn't need to. I could understand people voting for her to vote "against" Trump, though I obviously wouldn't, but I don't understand anyone who thinks she is a good candidate.

She may not be a good candidate -- I sure agree with many of your criticisms -- but between her and Trump, she is hands-down the better candidate.

To me, neither candidate is worthy of my vote, and so neither shall have my vote. If, however, I was not given the option of voting for a third party, I'd probably not vote, and if that weren't an option, I'd probably vote for Trump because I think he is I think he is less corrupt, and I think he is less likely to have of involved in more wars in the middle-east. I'm not saying Trump is a candidate for peace, he has engaged in sabre-rattling, but probably closer than Hillary who has a long history of voting for military action and being proud of (her words) and taking credit for Western involvement in Libya.

26-10-2016, 02:08 AM
(25-10-2016 08:43 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  

^ QFT.

One wonders about the possibility of some sort of indirect "confidence" effect.

Is it possible that the strengths and weaknesses of the POTUS in other than the directly financial and economic fields could affect decisions in those fields? Just so long as it is not on their doorstep the possibility of war is always a growth stimulus in some industries, but as it has the opposite effects in others.

Shares in the military division of Boeing may go up as those in the airliner division go down. Those in the airlines may take a nose dive.

Economists and shares dealers are often nervous people, liable to go into a flap at the drop of a presidential hat.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
26-10-2016, 03:53 AM
From the guy who said he might start killing if they took away his hugsies :

[Image: 2zyzvba.png]

I thought it was satire… then I remembered he, apparently, said this: "The reality is that women are treated differently by society for exactly the same reason that children and the mentally handicapped are treated differently. It’s just easier this way for everyone. You don’t argue with a four-year old about why he shouldn’t eat candy for dinner. You don’t punch a mentally handicapped guy even if he punches you first. And you don’t argue when a women tells you she’s only making 80 cents to your dollar. It’s the path of least resistance. You save your energy for more important battles." [Image: facepalm.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
26-10-2016, 04:08 AM
I was kind of bothered about him when I saw "@ScottAdamsSays".

My first thought was, "Here is a man right up his own arse."

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.