Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
09-11-2016, 04:35 PM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
Too soon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2016, 05:04 PM
(09-11-2016 04:10 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Nice thread title.

One of those things that take on a whole new meaning, eh??

Rolleyes

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
09-11-2016, 05:05 PM
(09-11-2016 04:35 PM)Keen Wrote:  Too soon

Never.....

If you can't make a joke at the scene of an accident -- you're a humorless sot....

heh

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
09-11-2016, 05:31 PM

Listen fella. I'm even MORE worried about a trump "victory". The only way he can accomplish any of the sound bites he spewed out, and that his ignorant minions lapped up, is to blow up the US Constitution and turn this country into a fascist regime or very close to one. The other possibility is that the Constitution stays intact and he is mired in the checks and balances of the Presidency which his narcissist ego won't be able to tolerate and he'll whine and throw hissy fits like a 5 year old. I'll bet his minions will again be ignored and disappointed.

I have a neighbor who is on disability and voted for trump. He could very well be someone who is taken off disability payments if trump republicans have their way. People like you and my neighbor can't seem to make the connection that the republicans dislike social services intensely but people on disability, trump voters, still vote for asshat republicans... while simultaneously taking money from services. It's political cognitive dissonance and compartmentalization somehow rolled into one.

Then the republicans will try to cut education or push for creation science if they can so they can continue to make people stupid and unable to use critical thinking... which in turn will get them reelected and the poor will become more and more stupid and poorer. It's the stupidity swinging republican door. Yeah, I'm MORE worried about trump.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 5 users Like dancefortwo's post
09-11-2016, 06:15 PM
Things I'm glad I won't have to hear about any more.

GOTV
Superior Ground Game
Trump doesn't have the money
Madam President
Blue wall
Women won't vote for Trump
Hispanics won't vote for Trump

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post
09-11-2016, 07:17 PM
(09-11-2016 05:31 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  

Listen fella. I'm even MORE worried about a trump "victory". The only way he can accomplish any of the sound bites he spewed out, and that his ignorant minions lapped up, is to blow up the US Constitution and turn this country into a fascist regime or very close to one. The other possibility is that the Constitution stays intact and he is mired in the checks and balances of the Presidency which his narcissist ego won't be able to tolerate and he'll whine and throw hissy fits like a 5 year old. I'll bet his minions will again be ignored and disappointed.

I have a neighbor who is on disability and voted for trump. He could very well be someone who is taken off disability payments if trump republicans have their way. People like you and my neighbor can't seem to make the connection that the republicans dislike social services intensely but people on disability, trump voters, still vote for asshat republicans... while simultaneously taking money from services. It's political cognitive dissonance and compartmentalization somehow rolled into one.

Then the republicans will try to cut education or push for creation science if they can so they can continue to make people stupid and unable to use critical thinking... which in turn will get them reelected and the poor will become more and more stupid and poorer. It's the stupidity swinging republican door. Yeah, I'm MORE worried about trump.

This afternoon I went to the high school in my town to teach the after-school lessons. I always get there a little early so I can hear a little of the band rehearsal, but today no one was playing their instruments. Instead, the kids were taking turns talking about how scared, upset, and hopeless they felt at the results of the election and how worried they were for the country and their families. I live in the most diverse town in my state, with lots of brown people and immigrants, and these kids have received very clearly the message that they aren't welcome in Trump's "great" country. It was heartbreaking and made me feel so sad and sick for them.

I'm so afraid that by the time it becomes clear to the assholes and idiots who voted in Trump that their lives are even worse--the factories will still be closed, their jobs will still be outsourced, their healthcare costs will increase, their tiny tax breaks don't make it any easier to pay their bills--it will be too late to fix.
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
10-11-2016, 12:10 AM
Ya think Trump will release his tax returns now?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
10-11-2016, 12:15 AM
(10-11-2016 12:10 AM)morondog Wrote:  Ya think Trump will release his tax returns now?

It doesn't matter one bit at this point. I don't think it would have if he'd done it before anyway.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
10-11-2016, 12:36 AM
(10-11-2016 12:15 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(10-11-2016 12:10 AM)morondog Wrote:  Ya think Trump will release his tax returns now?

It doesn't matter one bit at this point. I don't think it would have if he'd done it before anyway.

I think it'd be interesting to pursue why he didn't. He had to know they'd blow up in his face.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
10-11-2016, 12:40 AM
(10-11-2016 12:36 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(10-11-2016 12:15 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  It doesn't matter one bit at this point. I don't think it would have if he'd done it before anyway.

I think it'd be interesting to pursue why he didn't. He had to know they'd blow up in his face.

Nah. After everything that Trump has said and done thus far and he still got elected, you think his tax returns would have made a difference?

You remember the clip of him talking about being able to shoot someone in Time Square and it wouldn't matter?... Maybe the most honest thing he said the whole campaign...

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post