Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
05-05-2016, 06:12 AM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(05-05-2016 06:04 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(05-05-2016 05:22 AM)BnW Wrote:  Meet the Republicans Who Will Vote for Clinton

This is why I think, absent an indictment, she wins this running away. People hate her but he terrifies the rich and business community. Wall Street, the Koch Brothers, and much of industry is going to back her. Many of the groups that would typically run attack adds on a Democratic nominee are going to go after him.

Personally, I don't consider that all these people ganging up on Trump a strike against him. In fact, if anything, it makes me stop and rethink things a little bit. But, he's just so disgusting that I could never, ever vote for him.

I sincerely hope that come November the polls have him losing handily in PA because I really don't want to be in a position where I have to consider voting for her to keep him out. I'll never be able to get the stink off if I have to do that.

Honestly, I just don't get it. "Disgusting." Trump says what he feels, and doesn't make apologies for it. Most politicians are so "perfect." They speak with a voice inflection, 3-5 words at a time, like we're stupid. They've been coached on exactly what to say for years. Sometimes, their true self comes out, like Hillary using the term "off the reservation" the other day or being a part of the "CP time" joke. The difference is, the Media let's Hillary get away with it. They disect everything Trump says, report on it repeatedly for days, and take a lot of it out of context. They call him racist because he wants to stop ILLEGAL immigration and Muslim relocation. But ignore the fact that he has close friends that are minorities. They call him sexist but ignore the fact that he was making women CEO's and managers back in the 1970's when no other company was doing that.

There are a lot of us in the GOP that are tired of the far right hijacking the party. We don't care if gays are married. We don't care if planned parenthood receives federal funding. We are sick of the climate change denial.

Trump represents the best ideas of the GOP (Gun rights, low taxes, strong military, borders and anti-terrorism) but isn't a far right social issue loon or religious nut.

The reason he most likely won't win is that the far right knuckle draggers won't get on board. He might even steal a lot of the independents and pull some anti Hillary democrats, but I doubt it will be enough to counter the far right Cruz bots that will stay home. If he would have been a little more conservative this election would have been a Republican win for sure as Nate Silver said.
That's how Mitt Romney lost.

I'm just surprised it's still seen as real. When he pulls the same gimmicks like, "oh I can't say thst.. nope they don't want me too. Says it. Oh I shouldn't of but I did.. no It's they who think I shouldn't but I did.." That type of talking and bit making is entirely contrived. He's not really authentic in talking. Even going back to his book or past he is clear about that, he's a power pusher. He speaks in manners to assert dominance not actually be real and say what he really feels and thinks.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2016, 06:21 AM
(04-05-2016 01:44 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 12:31 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  In order to do this or anything else, Trump would have to (1) win the Presidency, and (2) get Congress to agree with whatever it is he wants to do. I think the chances of either one of those things happening are extremely slim, particularly if the Democrats get control of the Senate.

In any event, Trump all by himself has no power to do anything at all to "welfare queens". What's he going to do, tell them "You're fired!"?

Trump will just use executive order like Obama does and bypass Congress.

You know that Bush issued more executive orders than Obama

Don't you people ever fact check? Consider.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
05-05-2016, 06:26 AM
(05-05-2016 06:21 AM)Chas Wrote:  You know that Bush issued more executive orders than Obama

What are people supposed to fact check? The person you responded to never said that Obama issued more executive orders than Bush.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
05-05-2016, 06:26 AM
(05-05-2016 06:21 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 01:44 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Trump will just use executive order like Obama does and bypass Congress.

You know that Bush issued more executive orders than Obama

There is nothing inherently wrong with executive orders, it's the scope that is the issue with Obama. He goes too far. Bypasses Congress to make law, a power the president does not have.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
05-05-2016, 06:35 AM
(05-05-2016 06:26 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(05-05-2016 06:21 AM)Chas Wrote:  You know that Bush issued more executive orders than Obama

There is nothing inherently wrong with executive orders, it's the scope that is the issue with Obama. He goes too far. Bypasses Congress to make law, a power the president does not have.

It is obviously a power the president has had since Bush started doing it and showed the rest (Obama) how. Now Trump will have the same ability as soon as he gets in to office and figures out how. The idea of Trump having the power doesn't scare me. The idea of clinton or sanders having that power, really scares the shit out of me.
05-05-2016, 06:42 AM
It's obviously been a power of the president since a George Washington started doing it... every president to some degree has except William Henry Harrison because he was dying his entire 3 month term. The wider scope of them is just a notion of disagreeing with it more than anything. The Roosevelts used this power immensely and yeah are largely responsible for the image and shift of more power to modern presidents.

It's nothing new, people just don't like it when the guy they don't like does things they don't like and will complain it's abuse.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
05-05-2016, 06:45 AM
(05-05-2016 06:26 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  There is nothing inherently wrong with executive orders, it's the scope that is the issue with Obama. He goes too far. Bypasses Congress to make law, a power the president does not have.

Congress still has the ability to just not fund things the president orders. The Supreme Court still has the ability to declare orders unconstitutional.

Also, executive orders aren't making laws, they're executing the president's authority to carry out laws. Sure, you can complain that the president shouldn't selectively enforce laws, but congress can selectively fund things they said they were going to.

As well thought out as the constitution is, it still is largely left up to interpretation. At the end of the day, the US government was the best government to come out of the eighteenth century.
05-05-2016, 07:00 AM
(05-05-2016 06:45 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(05-05-2016 06:26 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  There is nothing inherently wrong with executive orders, it's the scope that is the issue with Obama. He goes too far. Bypasses Congress to make law, a power the president does not have.

Congress still has the ability to just not fund things the president orders. The Supreme Court still has the ability to declare orders unconstitutional.

Also, executive orders aren't making laws, they're executing the president's authority to carry out laws. Sure, you can complain that the president shouldn't selectively enforce laws, but congress can selectively fund things they said they were going to.

As well thought out as the constitution is, it still is largely left up to interpretation. At the end of the day, the US government was the best government to come out of the eighteenth century.

Again, if all that happens is that the government stalls out for the next 4 to 8 years we still win.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
05-05-2016, 07:28 AM
(05-05-2016 06:04 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(05-05-2016 05:22 AM)BnW Wrote:  Meet the Republicans Who Will Vote for Clinton

This is why I think, absent an indictment, she wins this running away. People hate her but he terrifies the rich and business community. Wall Street, the Koch Brothers, and much of industry is going to back her. Many of the groups that would typically run attack adds on a Democratic nominee are going to go after him.

Personally, I don't consider that all these people ganging up on Trump a strike against him. In fact, if anything, it makes me stop and rethink things a little bit. But, he's just so disgusting that I could never, ever vote for him.

I sincerely hope that come November the polls have him losing handily in PA because I really don't want to be in a position where I have to consider voting for her to keep him out. I'll never be able to get the stink off if I have to do that.

Honestly, I just don't get it. "Disgusting." Trump says what he feels, and doesn't make apologies for it. Most politicians are so "perfect." They speak with a voice inflection, 3-5 words at a time, like we're stupid. They've been coached on exactly what to say for years. Sometimes, their true self comes out, like Hillary using the term "off the reservation" the other day or being a part of the "CP time" joke. The difference is, the Media let's Hillary get away with it. They disect everything Trump says, report on it repeatedly for days, and take a lot of it out of context. They call him racist because he wants to stop ILLEGAL immigration and Muslim relocation. But ignore the fact that he has close friends that are minorities. They call him sexist but ignore the fact that he was making women CEO's and managers back in the 1970's when no other company was doing that.

There are a lot of us in the GOP that are tired of the far right hijacking the party. We don't care if gays are married. We don't care if planned parenthood receives federal funding. We are sick of the climate change denial.

Trump represents the best ideas of the GOP (Gun rights, low taxes, strong military, borders and anti-terrorism) but isn't a far right social issue loon or religious nut.

The reason he most likely won't win is that the far right knuckle draggers won't get on board. He might even steal a lot of the independents and pull some anti Hillary democrats, but I doubt it will be enough to counter the far right Cruz bots that will stay home. If he would have been a little more conservative this election would have been a Republican win for sure as Nate Silver said.

Bill shit. Your description of his comments is absolutely not what he said. That you have to whitewash his comments tells me you are funny aware of how awful many of his comments have been, and how blatantly racist his comments are.

As for him saying what he feels, are you sure about that? And, if his current comments are really what he feels, was he lying previously when he was pro choice and pro gun control? It was barely 3 weeks ago when he had 3 different positions on abortion in one day.

He believes in nothing but Trump. He changed his opinions based on what people want to hear. That doesn't make him unique as a politician, but your comments that he's somehow real means you're not paying nearly enough attention.

I don't have time to look it up right now, but go Google his comments on gun control from 2000 and then tell me how real he is.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
05-05-2016, 07:50 AM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2016 08:30 AM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
(05-05-2016 07:28 AM)BnW Wrote:  
(05-05-2016 06:04 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Honestly, I just don't get it. "Disgusting." Trump says what he feels, and doesn't make apologies for it. Most politicians are so "perfect." They speak with a voice inflection, 3-5 words at a time, like we're stupid. They've been coached on exactly what to say for years. Sometimes, their true self comes out, like Hillary using the term "off the reservation" the other day or being a part of the "CP time" joke. The difference is, the Media let's Hillary get away with it. They disect everything Trump says, report on it repeatedly for days, and take a lot of it out of context. They call him racist because he wants to stop ILLEGAL immigration and Muslim relocation. But ignore the fact that he has close friends that are minorities. They call him sexist but ignore the fact that he was making women CEO's and managers back in the 1970's when no other company was doing that.

Bill shit. Your description of his comments is absolutely not what he said. That you have to whitewash his comments tells me you are funny aware of how awful many of his comments have been, and how blatantly racist his comments are.

As for him saying what he feels, are you sure about that? And, if his current comments are really what he feels, was he lying previously when he was pro choice and pro gun control? It was barely 3 weeks ago when he had 3 different positions on abortion in one day.

He believes in nothing but Trump. He changed his opinions based on what people want to hear. That doesn't make him unique as a politician, but your comments that he's somehow real means you're not paying nearly enough attention.

I don't have time to look it up right now, but go Google his comments on gun control from 2000 and then tell me how real he is.

16 years ago is a long time. 16 years ago I voted Democrat. People change. Fact is, he says he's pro gun now, and even supports a national right to carry. Maybe secretly Trump hates guns. As long as he follows the Constitution I don't care. I dislike, nor do I own, semi auto rifles. But I wouldn't support them being banned because I believe people have the right to own them. Trump's personal beliefs don't affect me unless he tries to enforce them on everyone.

John Kerry said it best at a town hall during the 2004 election when a woman asked him how he can support abortion even though he's a christian. His response was "What I accept as an article of faith, I cannot legislate on people who do not share that article of faith."

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]