Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
10-11-2016, 01:44 PM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(10-11-2016 01:44 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(10-11-2016 01:39 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Guess some people think that what Nazis did was instruction to follow. I would say you're unworhy of being called human being, but sadly humans did worse.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

Go-go gadget rationalwiki!

[Image: 300px-Godwin.jpg]

You have some problem with sight? Maybe you didn't noticed part of Birdguy post about killing childrens?

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Szuchow's post
10-11-2016, 02:10 PM
(10-11-2016 01:44 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(10-11-2016 01:44 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Go-go gadget rationalwiki!

[Image: 300px-Godwin.jpg]

You have some problem with sight? Maybe you didn't noticed part of Birdguy post about killing childrens?

In this fictional scenario, if a child strapped with explosives was intent on killing me or my countrymen, yes, the moral action would be to kill the child.

10-11-2016, 02:12 PM
(10-11-2016 02:10 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(10-11-2016 01:44 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  You have some problem with sight? Maybe you didn't noticed part of Birdguy post about killing childrens?

In this fictional scenario, if a child strapped with explosives was intent on killing me or my countrymen, yes, the moral action would be to kill the child.

Explosives were mentioned earlier. Later he spoke about wiping so called extremists who don't go along with us, children included. It does not look like situation you described, at least to my eyes.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
10-11-2016, 02:17 PM
(10-11-2016 02:10 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(10-11-2016 01:44 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  You have some problem with sight? Maybe you didn't noticed part of Birdguy post about killing childrens?

Well, what about this makes you think this is fictional?

10-11-2016, 02:21 PM
(10-11-2016 02:12 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(10-11-2016 02:10 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  In this fictional scenario, if a child strapped with explosives was intent on killing me or my countrymen, yes, the moral action would be to kill the child.

Explosives were mentioned earlier. Later he spoke about wiping so called extremists who don't go along with us, children included. It does not look like situation you described, at least to my eyes.

Okay, well perhaps we read the same thing differently. Let me state it clearly: I would find it reprehensible and morally disgusting to kill children because their relatives are scummbag Islamic terrorists. But, I would also be willing to kill explosive-laden children hellbent on the carrying out the plans of the Islamic death cult, even though they are victims themselves, if it saved myself and my family/countrymen.

10-11-2016, 02:23 PM
(10-11-2016 02:17 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(10-11-2016 02:10 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  In this fictional scenario, if a child strapped with explosives was intent on killing me or my countrymen, yes, the moral action would be to kill the child.

Well, what about this makes you think this is fictional?

I didn't mean that there weren't child-terrorists. I meant that I was not in that scenario, ergo the scenario is fictional.

10-11-2016, 02:27 PM
(10-11-2016 02:21 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(10-11-2016 02:12 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Explosives were mentioned earlier. Later he spoke about wiping so called extremists who don't go along with us, children included. It does not look like situation you described, at least to my eyes.

Okay, well perhaps we read the same thing differently. Let me state it clearly: I would find it reprehensible and morally disgusting to kill children because their relatives are scummbag Islamic terrorists. But, I would also be willing to kill explosive-laden children hellbent on the carrying out the plans of the Islamic death cult, even though they are victims themselves, if it saved myself and my family/countrymen.

I agree with such take. I remember Birdguy's earlier posts though so I'm afraid that it is my interpretation which is right.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
10-11-2016, 06:15 PM
(10-11-2016 08:57 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  They are not like us and the ones that will always refuse to get along (the extremists) need to be wiped out. Little ones included.

(It doesn't fucking matter who bolded this)

Go play blind man's bluff on the interstate.

You're not a person anymore.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
10-11-2016, 06:41 PM
(10-11-2016 08:57 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  They are not like us and the ones that will always refuse to get along (the extremists) need to be wiped out. Little ones included.

By "us" do you mean atheists? 'Cause the Christians fundies ain't like "us" either.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
10-11-2016, 07:49 PM
Godammit, I was gonna go into story time again but I think I'll keep this one to myself and instead just stay in the realm of hypothetical.

One of the reasons training children to fight works so well is because they know damn well that even the coldest, hardest soldiers will usually freeze up when faced with the prospect of killing a child regardless of the danger that child poses. If we're ever put into the position of doing that on any kind of large scale, we might as well just be left over there because the baggage we bring back won't be worth the trade-off of having a few less terrorists in the world.

Whether they arguably deserve it or not, all aspects of cause/effect have to be taken into consideration.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post