Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
11-11-2016, 08:01 AM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(11-11-2016 07:55 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(11-11-2016 07:41 AM)morondog Wrote:  You think I've forgotten about your posts about Indians and food stamps?

Taking advantage of taxpayers by running a business using product purchased by foodstamps is some of the bullshit that has to be stopped. I still stand by that.

Except that you never showed any evidence other than your racism for thinking that such had been engaged in. And on top of that, you cited one example which you could not confirm as your "evidence", then extended it to a whole race - is that anything other than textbook racism?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
11-11-2016, 08:04 AM
(11-11-2016 08:01 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(11-11-2016 07:55 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Taking advantage of taxpayers by running a business using product purchased by foodstamps is some of the bullshit that has to be stopped. I still stand by that.

Except that you never showed any evidence other than your racism for thinking that such had been engaged in. And on top of that, you cited one example which you could not confirm as your "evidence", then extended it to a whole race - is that anything other than textbook racism?

I never said it was all of them. There are a lot of them though. It needs to be ended.
11-11-2016, 08:57 AM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2016 10:05 AM by Bucky Ball.)
Trump lost the popular vote. He has no mandate to do ANYTHING.
He hasn't actually even officially won this one yet.
http://nypost.com/2016/11/09/the-one-sce...ite-house/

If ever there was a one termer in the offing, it's him.
In any case, the cultural, political, and global changes that those who voted for him, oppose, and think (wrongly) they can reverse, are not really forces driven by Washington. Washington can either get on board and try to direct some of them, or get mowed down. Even the Supreme Court can't eventually stand in the way. The political pendulum swings back and forth. Two steps forward, one step back. This is the step back. We will survive.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
11-11-2016, 09:06 AM
(11-11-2016 08:57 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Trump lost the popular vote. He has no mandate to do ANYTHING.
He hasn't actually even officially won this one yet.
http://nypost.com/2016/11/09/the-one-sce...ite-house/

If ever there was a one termer in the offing, it's him.
In any case, the cultural, political, and global changes that those who voted for him oppose, and think (wrongly) they can reverse, are no really forces driven by Washington. Washington can either get on board and try to direct some of them, or get mowed down. Even the Supreme Court can't eventually stand in the way. The political pendulum swings back and forth. Two steps forward, one step back. This is the step back. We will survive.

... but I've got this angry itch.... Angry

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
11-11-2016, 09:32 AM
It always hit me as an image seeing this this thread, but now more than ever this title really does read to me..

Trump: Or how I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
12-11-2016, 06:07 AM (This post was last modified: 13-11-2016 04:47 AM by Dark Light.)
(11-11-2016 04:39 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(11-11-2016 03:59 AM)morondog Wrote:  Since Trump is big mates with these guys, I predict the formation of Trump-aligned militias who will carry out "police actions". It's all better if you just change what you call it. It's not terrorism then.

Reminds me of Valerie's letter from V for Vendetta.

I know there’s no way I can convince you this is not one of their tricks. But I don’t care. I am me.

My name is Valerie. I don’t think i’ll live much longer, and I wanted to tell someone about my life. This is the only autobiography that i’ll ever write, and – God – i’m writing it on toilet paper.

I was born in Nottingham in 1985. I don’t remember much of those early years. But I do remember the rain. My grandmother owned a farm in Tottlebrook, and she used to tell me that God was in the rain.

I passed my eleven plus, and went to a girl’s grammar. It was at school that I met my first girlfriend. Her name was Sarah. It was her wrists – they were beautiful. I thought we would love each other forever. I remember our teacher telling us that it was an adolescent phase that people outgrew.

Sarah did.

I didn’t.

In 2002 I fell in love with a girl named Christina. That year I came out to my parents. I couldn’t have done it without Chris holding my hand.

My father wouldn’t look at me. He told me to go and never come back. My mother said nothing.

I’d only told them the truth. Was that so selfish? Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have.

It is the very last inch of us.

And within that inch, we are free.

I’d always known what i’d wanted to do with my life, and in 2015 I started my first film: The Salt Flats.

It was the most important role of my life. Not because of my career, but because that was how I met Ruth. The first time we kissed, I knew I never wanted to kiss any other lips but hers again.

We moved to a small flat in London together. She grew scarlet carsons for me in our window box. And our place always smelt of roses.

Those were the best years of my life.

But America’s war grew worse and worse, and eventually came to London.

After that there were no roses anymore. Not for anyone.

I remember how the meaning of words began to change. How unfamiliar words like “collateral” and “rendition” became frightening. When things like norsefire and the articles of allegiance became powerful. I remember how different became dangerous.

I still don’t understand it: why they hate us so much.

They took Ruth while she was out buying food. I’ve never cried so hard in my life. It wasn’t long until they came for me.

It seems strange that my life should end in such a terrible place.

But for three years I had roses – and apologised to no-one.

I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch.

But one.

An inch.

It is small and it is fragile, and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

I hope that - whoever you are - you escape this place. I hope that the world turns, and that things get better.

But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that even though I do not know you, and even though I may not meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you: I love you.

With all my heart.

I love you.

-Valerie.

Kind of funny...I was reminded of a quote from this movie earlier today while talking about this election as well. It's obviously not the same situation as the movie, but it shares some parallels, which is why it's such a good movie. It's somewhat realistic in that that situation is possible. The main difference is, by my judgement, is that instead of War and Famine, and so on, this choice was forced on the American people by the Establishment, and the American people are sick of the establishment. Obama was elected because he spoke so eloquently about all of the change and prosperity he was going to bring - he even sounded like and anti-globalist in some respects, about Americans minding their own business. It didn't happen that way though. This go around both major parties attempted to silence their anti-establishment candidates. The Democrats were successful. The Republicans were not. That, in my opinion, is why we have President-Elect Donald Trump. So, if I am right, and I think many of you would agree that I am; Democrats, if you are looking for someone to blame, you only need look in the mirror. And to the Republicnans (If there are any here), I say, They were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. Fear got the best of you, and in your panic you turned to the now high chancellor, Donald Trump.

Hopefully both parties learn their lesson and we won't have to have a violent revolution to undo the damage done by Democrats and Republicans.

[+] 4 users Like Dark Light's post
12-11-2016, 06:29 AM
(12-11-2016 06:07 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(11-11-2016 04:39 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Reminds me of Valerie's letter from V for Vendetta.

I know there’s no way I can convince you this is not one of their tricks. But I don’t care. I am me.

My name is Valerie. I don’t think i’ll live much longer, and I wanted to tell someone about my life. This is the only autobiography that i’ll ever write, and – God – i’m writing it on toilet paper.

I was born in Nottingham in 1985. I don’t remember much of those early years. But I do remember the rain. My grandmother owned a farm in Tottlebrook, and she used to tell me that God was in the rain.

I passed my eleven plus, and went to a girl’s grammar. It was at school that I met my first girlfriend. Her name was Sarah. It was her wrists – they were beautiful. I thought we would love each other forever. I remember our teacher telling us that it was an adolescent phase that people outgrew.

Sarah did.

I didn’t.

In 2002 I fell in love with a girl named Christina. That year I came out to my parents. I couldn’t have done it without Chris holding my hand.

My father wouldn’t look at me. He told me to go and never come back. My mother said nothing.

I’d only told them the truth. Was that so selfish? Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have.

It is the very last inch of us.

And within that inch, we are free.

I’d always known what i’d wanted to do with my life, and in 2015 I started my first film: The Salt Flats.

It was the most important role of my life. Not because of my career, but because that was how I met Ruth. The first time we kissed, I knew I never wanted to kiss any other lips but hers again.

We moved to a small flat in London together. She grew scarlet carsons for me in our window box. And our place always smelt of roses.

Those were the best years of my life.

But America’s war grew worse and worse, and eventually came to London.

After that there were no roses anymore. Not for anyone.

I remember how the meaning of words began to change. How unfamiliar words like “collateral” and “rendition” became frightening. When things like norsefire and the articles of allegiance became powerful. I remember how different became dangerous.

I still don’t understand it: why they hate us so much.

They took Ruth while she was out buying food. I’ve never cried so hard in my life. It wasn’t long until they came for me.

It seems strange that my life should end in such a terrible place.

But for three years I had roses – and apologised to no-one.

I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch.

But one.

An inch.

It is small and it is fragile, and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

I hope that - whoever you are - you escape this place. I hope that the world turns, and that things get better.

But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that even though I do not know you, and even though I may not meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you: I love you.

With all my heart.

I love you.

-Valerie.

Kind of funny...I was reminded of a quote from this movie earlier today while talking about this election as well. It's obviously not the same situation as the movie, but it shares some parallels, which is why it's such a good movie. It's somewhat realistic in that that situation is possible. The main difference is, by my judgement, is that instead of War and Famine, and so on, this choice was forced on the American people by the Establishment, and the American people are sick of the establishment. Obama was elected because he spoke so eloquently about all of the change and prosperity he was going to bring - he even sounded like and anti-globalist in some respects, about Americans minding their own business. It didn't happen that way though. This go around both major parties attempted to silence their anti-establishment candidates. The Democrats were successful. The Republicans were not. That, in my opinion, is why we have President-Elect Donald Trump. So, if I am right, and I think many of you would agree that I am; Democrats, if you are looking for someone to blame, you only need look in the mirror. And to the Republicnans (If there are any here), I say, They were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. Fear got the best of you, and in your panic you turned to the now high chancellor, Donald Trump.

Hopefully both parties learn their lesson and we won't have to have a violent revolution to undue the damage done by Democrats and Republicans.

Also, I'm sorry for being such an asshole to you earlier DL. I lost my cool, and I regret letting my emotions get the better of me. Again, sorry about that. I don't hold you any ill will, and I hope you can eventually say the same.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
12-11-2016, 11:25 AM
(11-11-2016 06:36 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(11-11-2016 06:28 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  By different I mean that the extremist side of things is far too unlike us to be able to coexist. If you don't believe that their families feel the same as they do about us, you are not a smart person.

So if I threaten to kill you and then show up and try to kill you, it is not acceptable for you to try your hardest to kill me first?

Don't fucking tempt me Dodgy
13-11-2016, 04:47 AM
(12-11-2016 06:29 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(12-11-2016 06:07 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Kind of funny...I was reminded of a quote from this movie earlier today while talking about this election as well. It's obviously not the same situation as the movie, but it shares some parallels, which is why it's such a good movie. It's somewhat realistic in that that situation is possible. The main difference is, by my judgement, is that instead of War and Famine, and so on, this choice was forced on the American people by the Establishment, and the American people are sick of the establishment. Obama was elected because he spoke so eloquently about all of the change and prosperity he was going to bring - he even sounded like and anti-globalist in some respects, about Americans minding their own business. It didn't happen that way though. This go around both major parties attempted to silence their anti-establishment candidates. The Democrats were successful. The Republicans were not. That, in my opinion, is why we have President-Elect Donald Trump. So, if I am right, and I think many of you would agree that I am; Democrats, if you are looking for someone to blame, you only need look in the mirror. And to the Republicnans (If there are any here), I say, They were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. Fear got the best of you, and in your panic you turned to the now high chancellor, Donald Trump.

Hopefully both parties learn their lesson and we won't have to have a violent revolution to undue the damage done by Democrats and Republicans.

Also, I'm sorry for being such an asshole to you earlier DL. I lost my cool, and I regret letting my emotions get the better of me. Again, sorry about that. I don't hold you any ill will, and I hope you can eventually say the same.

Don't worry about it. I can understand the emotional response. I can't say that I haven't responded emotionally before as well. As for 'holding ill will', no, that ain't my style. As far as I'm concerned there is nothing to apologize for. People can hold opposing views without hate (though perhaps not without frustration). It's the same type of struggles that we have to endure when seeking any kind of truths that doesn't have an absolute answer, or has an answer which we can't know/don't have the means to know, whether it be scientific, philosophic, or whatever. Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
13-11-2016, 04:54 AM
(13-11-2016 04:47 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Don't worry about it. I can understand the emotional response. I can't say that I haven't responded emotionally before as well. As for 'holding ill will', no, that ain't my style. As far as I'm concerned there is nothing to apologize for. People can hold opposing views without hate (though perhaps not without frustration). It's the same type of struggles that we have to endure when seeking any kind of truths that doesn't have an absolute answer, or has an answer which we can't know/don't have the means to know, whether it be scientific, philosophic, or whatever. Thumbsup

Glad to hear it. Still, it was really bugging me personally and I had to say something about it, or else go off and sulk every time I ran into you on the forum. Unsure

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]