Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
05-05-2016, 06:25 PM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2016 06:30 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(05-05-2016 06:05 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(05-05-2016 05:51 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Your credibility on enigmas is lacking. Alan Turing took on your German intelligence Enigma machine and made your entire country's community of mathematicians and scientists look silly. Brilliant gay mathematician 1 - Germany 0.
And then the UK government went ahead and drove this brilliant mind to suicide for being gay. No

And then apologized 55 years later. The human race does not accept your apology Gordon Brown. Too motherfucking little too motherfucking late. Especially since you've all been diddling each other boy naughty bits for like ever. Let's make an example out of the nerd.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2016, 07:02 PM
(05-05-2016 08:28 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Does it make me racist when I say the illegals need to go?

No, just a fool. There are millions of illegals in this country and it will cost a fortune to round them all up. And, most of them have jobs and fill needs and it will cause some serious economic problems if they are suddenly all gone.

Oh, and you're wrong about them not paying taxes.

What we need in this country is a guest worker program. Right now it's all or nothing and that is a big contributor to the problem. I absolutely agree a sovereign nation has both a right and an obligation to know who is coming across its borders but we make it needlessly difficult. A guest worker program with clear rights and privileges would go a long way to solving this problem.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 3 users Like BnW's post
05-05-2016, 08:21 PM
(05-05-2016 07:02 PM)BnW Wrote:  ... I absolutely agree a sovereign nation has both a right and an obligation to know who is coming across its borders ...

Like how the sovereign state of California tracks those who cross its interstate borders? I don't see any difference between a nation attempting to control migration and a state doing it - except states don't do it, or even try to, or even acknowledge it as an issue, other than in a national context. But what's the difference? Every economic and racist argument one might muster (and the vast majority of them are racist rather than economic) applies with equal force to ANY administrative border: national, state, borough, county, city, burg, province, region or island.

Until some genuine difference is delineated that only applies at one level of administrative partitioning all the huff and fuss about national migration is hollow angst.

To my mind there is only one genuine migration issue: population density, either too dense or too sparse, but that concern applies at every administrative level, not just national. Yet, crucial as that issue is, it's never brought up. I wonder why not.

This response is perhaps best taken up in a fresh thread but I'll park it here for now and if the mods choose to split this to some other thread - terrific.
[+] 1 user Likes Airportkid's post
05-05-2016, 09:24 PM
We underestimate Trump at our own peril. He has been underestimated since day one in the nomination contest for the GOP, and now he is the nominee. I'm not saying I think he is going to win. Frankly, I don't know how to predict this election cycle, and I don't think anyone else could either.
05-05-2016, 11:50 PM
(05-05-2016 09:24 PM)BryanS Wrote:  We underestimate Trump at our own peril. He has been underestimated since day one in the nomination contest for the GOP, and now he is the nominee. I'm not saying I think he is going to win. Frankly, I don't know how to predict this election cycle, and I don't think anyone else could either.

I think Trump has a good shot. He's a kind of politician which fortunately the US doesn't seem to see very often, one who's not afraid to rouse the mob. He will fight extremely dirty IMO. Anyone who's contesting the election by the usual methods is gonna have some nasty surprises. I fully expect some dismal performances by Trump, followed by violence, hardline statements etc. He's your very own Julius Malema.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
06-05-2016, 06:16 AM
(05-05-2016 09:24 PM)BryanS Wrote:  We underestimate Trump at our own peril. He has been underestimated since day one in the nomination contest for the GOP, and now he is the nominee. I'm not saying I think he is going to win. Frankly, I don't know how to predict this election cycle, and I don't think anyone else could either.
I can see him winning if there's another major Muslim terrorist attack either in Europe or the US close to November. Elections are about feelings much more than facts and anger and fear happen to be some of the strongest ones.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
06-05-2016, 06:28 AM
For all of Trump’s self-proclaimed financial wizardry the guy doesn’t seem to grasp the principles of economy very well. He is perfectly willing to destroy the US’ ability to borrow cheap money by ruining our credit...Facepalm and that in turn would cost the US taxpayer a shitload.

(It has been estimated that if Trump would have simply put the money his father gave him into a Real Estate Investment Trust REIT instead of wheeling and dealing he would be 3X richer than he is now Laugh out load )

http://thereformedbroker.com/2016/05/06/...-payments/

"Here is the GOP’s Presumptive Nominee on Negotiating Treasury Payments
Posted May 6, 2016 by Joshua M Brown

I’m not a Hillary fan and I voted for Romney last time, so don’t even think about pigeonholing me into a partisan / bias debate.

But I have to just point out, this is the mentality of the GOP’s presumptive nominee for the Presidency, on how he thinks about Treasury bonds, which are the bedrock of global capitalism and geopolitical stability in the Milky Way galaxy:

Asked whether the United States needed to pay its debts in full, or whether he could negotiate a partial repayment, Mr. Trump told the cable network CNBC, “I would borrow, knowing that if the economy crashed, you could make a deal.”
He added, “And if the economy was good, it was good. So, therefore, you can’t lose.”

If this doesn’t frighten you or bother you – regardless of your party affiliation – then you’re either an anarchist or an idiot.

The whole world runs on the premise that US debt is risk-free in terms of return of principal, backed up by our status as the world’s reserve currency and the enforcement of the US Navy, Army, Air Force and Marine Corps. You can mess with just about anything else you want, but you can’t mess with that. Ted Cruz tried in 2011 and we should have deported him on the spot. This is a no-go zone for dilettantes and ideologues.

Sorry, I just had to say it. Others will say much the same thing in a thousand articles that will be written today.
He thinks this is like an Atlantic City shakedown against Lehman Brothers or something. Or maybe he doesn’t. Maybe Jared and Ivanka will read the reactions and talk him off this ledge.

Fortunately, like almost everything Trump says about finance and economics, he probably doesn’t mean it and may say the opposite within 24 hours, depending on how he’s feeling or whom he’s speaking to.

Source:
Donald Trump’s Idea to Cut National Debt: Get Creditors to Accept Less (New York Times)

"Such remarks by a major presidential candidate have no modern precedent. The United States government is able to borrow money at very low interest rates because Treasury securities are regarded as a safe investment, and any cracks in investor confidence have a long history of costing American taxpayers a lot of money.”

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
06-05-2016, 06:31 AM
(05-05-2016 04:33 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(05-05-2016 04:24 PM)Vosur Wrote:  You think so? The responses on Twitter are full of people calling her out on her idiocy. Here are two more gems:

[Image: yrIgPu.png]

[Image: bbOoUQ.png]

She's a shameless liar just like Ted Cruz. Does she really believe that people are too stupid to notice that she changed Trump's position from "deport millions of illegal immigrants" to "deport millions of immigrants"? There's nothing controversial about wanting to enforce the existing immigration laws.

She's logically consistent. He does intend to deport millions of immigrants. If I were Clinton I sure as hell wouldn't feel obliged to qualify it.

You say it as if he wants to deport all immigrants. He wants to get rid of the illegal ones. If you are here on an expired visa, get the fuck out. You are probably running some kind of all cash business and sending the money out of the country. You are using our healthcare and social security system while putting nothing into it. When you decide to become a citizen and pay all the taxes I have to pay, you will be welcome here. I am in favor of getting rid of the illegals and that does not make me a racist or immigrant hater.
06-05-2016, 07:03 AM
(06-05-2016 06:31 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(05-05-2016 04:33 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  She's logically consistent. He does intend to deport millions of immigrants. If I were Clinton I sure as hell wouldn't feel obliged to qualify it.

You say it as if he wants to deport all immigrants. He wants to get rid of the illegal ones. If you are here on an expired visa, get the fuck out. You are probably running some kind of all cash business and sending the money out of the country. You are using our healthcare and social security system while putting nothing into it. When you decide to become a citizen and pay all the taxes I have to pay, you will be welcome here. I am in favor of getting rid of the illegals and that does not make me a racist or immigrant hater.

It does, however, make you highly impractical.
06-05-2016, 07:08 AM
(06-05-2016 07:03 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(06-05-2016 06:31 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  You say it as if he wants to deport all immigrants. He wants to get rid of the illegal ones. If you are here on an expired visa, get the fuck out. You are probably running some kind of all cash business and sending the money out of the country. You are using our healthcare and social security system while putting nothing into it. When you decide to become a citizen and pay all the taxes I have to pay, you will be welcome here. I am in favor of getting rid of the illegals and that does not make me a racist or immigrant hater.

It does, however, make you highly impractical.

How does it make me impractical? To ask that they either pay the shit I have to pay or get deported. I am only asking for equality.