Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
06-05-2016, 07:13 AM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(06-05-2016 06:31 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(05-05-2016 04:33 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  She's logically consistent. He does intend to deport millions of immigrants. If I were Clinton I sure as hell wouldn't feel obliged to qualify it.

You say it as if he wants to deport all immigrants. He wants to get rid of the illegal ones. If you are here on an expired visa, get the fuck out. You are probably running some kind of all cash business and sending the money out of the country. You are using our healthcare and social security system while putting nothing into it. When you decide to become a citizen and pay all the taxes I have to pay, you will be welcome here. I am in favor of getting rid of the illegals and that does not make me a racist or immigrant hater.

If only by probably you don't mean "probably" sure.

There seems some contrast to these last few pages based on statements of technically correct status vs implicationally correct with a sminge of flat out just not correct.

Yes, tge tweets the short form content device few are learning political data of when it is from a new tweet by a politician they would already have to follow or follow someone who retweets it was lacking the word illegal; I guess we need to start complaining about tacobowl tweets too.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2016, 07:48 AM
(06-05-2016 07:08 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(06-05-2016 07:03 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  It does, however, make you highly impractical.

How does it make me impractical? To ask that they either pay the shit I have to pay or get deported. I am only asking for equality.

Regardless of the desirability of deporting all illegal immigrants, the logistics of doing so make it highly impractical. Also, as several others have pointed out, doing so would have serious negative repercussions for the US economy. The issue is much more complicated than either you or Trump make it out to be.
06-05-2016, 08:08 AM
I think Trump made a big mistake by announcing that he would not self-fund his General Election campaign. I get that it's insanely expensive to do it with your own money, but at the same time, it takes away one of the major arguments he could have used against Clinton, that she is bought by Wall Street and other special interests while he is beholden to no one. I wouldn't be surprised if this decision ended up ruining his chances of winning the GE.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
06-05-2016, 08:12 AM
(06-05-2016 08:08 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I think Trump made a big mistake by announcing that he would not self-fund his General Election campaign. I get that it's insanely expensive to do it with your own money, but at the same time, it takes away one of the major arguments he could have used against Clinton, that she is bought by Wall Street and other special interests while he is beholden to no one. I wouldn't be surprised if this decision ended up ruining his chances of winning the GE.
Really? I think that's a positive since his notion of self finding wasn't accurate. Not just because of his individual donations but his actual process of how donationing self funds work. He would of been continually called out on his false authenticity there.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
06-05-2016, 08:23 AM
(06-05-2016 08:12 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(06-05-2016 08:08 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I think Trump made a big mistake by announcing that he would not self-fund his General Election campaign. I get that it's insanely expensive to do it with your own money, but at the same time, it takes away one of the major arguments he could have used against Clinton, that she is bought by Wall Street and other special interests while he is beholden to no one. I wouldn't be surprised if this decision ended up ruining his chances of winning the GE.
Really? I think that's a positive since his notion of self finding wasn't accurate. Not just because of his individual donations but his actual process of how donationing self funds work. He would of been continually called out on his false authenticity there.
You're right that "self-funded" isn't the right term, but the takeaway is that it would be hypocritical to accept money from special interests after having called out so many people for doing the same thing. I suppose if he only ends up accepting money from individual donors the way Bernie Sanders has, it might not hurt his message.

06-05-2016, 09:30 AM
Several media outlets reporting the FBI is wrapping up its Clinton investigation and has found no evidence of any law being broken.

The dream is dead, or at least dying.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
06-05-2016, 09:32 AM
(06-05-2016 08:23 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(06-05-2016 08:12 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Really? I think that's a positive since his notion of self finding wasn't accurate. Not just because of his individual donations but his actual process of how donationing self funds work. He would of been continually called out on his false authenticity there.
You're right that "self-funded" isn't the right term, but the takeaway is that it would be hypocritical to accept money from special interests after having called out so many people for doing the same thing. I suppose if he only ends up accepting money from individual donors the way Bernie Sanders has, it might not hurt his message.

You think a guy who goes around taking about how rich he is won't be hurt asking working class people for money to support his campaign?

Really?

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
06-05-2016, 09:35 AM
(06-05-2016 09:30 AM)BnW Wrote:  Several media outlets reporting the FBI is wrapping up its Clinton investigation and has found no evidence of any law being broken.

The dream is dead, or at least dying.

Yeah but what about that time she murdered Vince Foster? And what about Whitewater? Huh? Huh? What about them?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
06-05-2016, 09:35 AM

Don't the candidates each spend about five billion dollars? That would bankrupt him.
06-05-2016, 09:43 AM
(06-05-2016 09:32 AM)BnW Wrote:  You think a guy who goes around taking about how rich he is won't be hurt asking working class people for money to support his campaign?
No, but I do think it's the only way for him to win at all. Can you imagine how many people would abandon him if it became public that he started taking money from special interests?

(06-05-2016 09:35 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Don't the candidates each spend about five billion dollars? That would bankrupt him.
It's much less than that. The entire 2008 race, which was the most costly one in U.S. history, "only" cost $5.4 billion for all candidates combined. In the most recent general election, the 2012 one, both Romney and Obama spent about a billion dollars each.