Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
04-03-2016, 12:02 PM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(04-03-2016 10:06 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(04-03-2016 10:03 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  If the Republican Congress continues to stall on confirming a Supreme Court justice, I predict a huge Democratic turnout in November. The Republicans could lose control of the Senate as well as the Presidency. They are really shooting themselves in the foot by being so obstinate about the Court.

I disagree. The people gave a majority to the republicans for a reason. To stop Obama.

If they wanted to "stop Obama", there was a simpler way to do that -- elect someone else as President. They failed to do so.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Grasshopper's post
04-03-2016, 12:13 PM
(04-03-2016 09:43 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  It's a small sample size, but it shows a pattern. The party with the higher primary turnout wins the general election.

Didn't happen in 1980 or 1988.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
04-03-2016, 12:30 PM
I think we are going to get Clinton/Sanders. They have been very soft to each other, with Sanders even defending Clinton in her mail scandal.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
04-03-2016, 12:43 PM
(04-03-2016 12:30 PM)Dom Wrote:  I think we are going to get Clinton/Sanders. They have been very soft to each other, with Sanders even defending Clinton in her mail scandal.

My money's on Clinton/Warren. Warren will pick up Sanders supporters. Assuming Warren's willing.

#sigh
04-03-2016, 12:45 PM
(04-03-2016 12:43 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(04-03-2016 12:30 PM)Dom Wrote:  I think we are going to get Clinton/Sanders. They have been very soft to each other, with Sanders even defending Clinton in her mail scandal.

My money's on Clinton/Warren. Warren will pick up Sanders supporters.

Too soon (socially) for an all-female ticket.

I'd like to see Sanders/Warren.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
04-03-2016, 12:48 PM
(04-03-2016 12:43 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

My money's on Clinton/Warren. Warren will pick up Sanders supporters. Assuming Warren's willing.

I'm skeptical -- we have never had a female in either office (President or VP). To go for both at once is probably too big a step, and I don't think they would risk it. Baby steps.

ETA: I see Chas got in a few minutes ahead of me.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
04-03-2016, 12:49 PM
(03-03-2016 11:48 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  My guess is that they lean towards Cruz, simply out of religious inclination as well as shared politics.

Sounds about right. I found this poll from mid-February 2016 regarding this topic:

[Image: carson_supporters_second_choice_chartbuilder.png]

Source: http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/who-gains-the...ld-shrinks

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
04-03-2016, 01:15 PM
(04-03-2016 12:02 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(04-03-2016 10:06 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I disagree. The people gave a majority to the republicans for a reason. To stop Obama.

If they wanted to "stop Obama", there was a simpler way to do that -- elect someone else as President. They failed to do so.

Obama is not a King. We have 3 branches of government. Obviously after seeing how far left Obama turned out to be, certain parts of the country changed course and sent conservatives to the Senate and house to stop his agenda. I voted for Obama the first time but regretted it later and voted Republican in all of my states congressional races since. A lot of us are like that.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
04-03-2016, 01:15 PM
Warren for that contingent of big support of Bernie voters for being against the corporate and manipulated grouping would be wise. That would definitively prevent a lot more of those voters from going to potentially vote Trump/3rd party opposed to whatever the supposedly anointed choice of Julian Castillo will bring in.

Though assumingly what if Scott Brown was chosen by Trump after that. He has supported Trump in the past month I think.

We can now raise up more of that, you that one time put on your whatever form native american outrage and ramp that up again for tens of millions of new viewers in a VP debate.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
04-03-2016, 01:44 PM
(04-03-2016 01:15 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Obviously after seeing how far left Obama turned out to be...

The frightening part is that you're serious.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post