Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
09-05-2016, 07:35 AM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2016 07:43 AM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(09-05-2016 02:29 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(07-05-2016 08:13 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  The Democrats know this, that's why they're fighting for a path to citizenship. The end of the Republic when this happens. Or the beginning of the next civil war.

I have been predicting the end of the US republic for some time.

LDH, how do you see a new US civil war playing out? Indeed, is it even possible with the way the military is structured?

I am really very interested to hear what you have to say.

Thanks.

I predict that in the near future, Democrats will have full control of everything. They'll control the presidency, both houses of Congress, the majority of state legislatures, etc.

On the other side, the republicans, which are made up of mostly white christian protestants, will be very upset with the direction the country is headed. This group is also heavily armed and makes up the majority of the U.S. Military.

I see a coup d'etat at some point, especially if they mess with gun rights. There would be no stopping an armed insurrection. The other side simply doesn't have the weaponry to stop it from happening. The majority of democrats are unarmed, untrained and unprepared for a civil war.

In the worst case scenario, America becomes a christian theocracy. Who could stop them? They have the guns, they control the military, and they'd believe God was on their side.

Scary.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2016, 08:43 AM
(09-05-2016 07:35 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  [...] In the worst case scenario, America becomes a christian theocracy. Who could stop them? They have the guns, they control the military, and they'd believe God was on their side.

Can't see that happening considering the decline of Christianity in America. According to a 2014 study by the Pew Research, only 70.6% of the US population identified themselves as Christians, while another Pew study published in 2012 described the proportion of atheists, agnostics, and humanists at approximately 20% overall, and around 33% for the 18- to 29-year-old demographic.

Obviously younger adults, (and the future leaders?) are turning away from Christianity.

Thankfully.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
09-05-2016, 08:52 AM
(09-05-2016 08:43 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(09-05-2016 07:35 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  [...] In the worst case scenario, America becomes a christian theocracy. Who could stop them? They have the guns, they control the military, and they'd believe God was on their side.

Can't see that happening considering the decline of Christianity in America. According to a 2014 study by the Pew Research, only 70.6% of the US population identified themselves as Christians, while another Pew study published in 2012 described the proportion of atheists, agnostics, and humanists at approximately 20% overall, and around 33% for the 18- to 29-year-old demographic.

Obviously younger adults, (and the future leaders?) are turning away from Christianity.

Thankfully.

Only 70%? That's over 2/3 of the population. Even if they were only half of the population. 50% fully armed is more powerful than the other unarmed half. Christians might be falling in numbers, but it will be a long time before they're small enough representation of the population to be unable to take over.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
09-05-2016, 12:21 PM
(09-05-2016 07:35 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(09-05-2016 02:29 AM)Banjo Wrote:  I have been predicting the end of the US republic for some time.

LDH, how do you see a new US civil war playing out? Indeed, is it even possible with the way the military is structured?

I am really very interested to hear what you have to say.

Thanks.

I predict that in the near future, Democrats will have full control of everything. They'll control the presidency, both houses of Congress, the majority of state legislatures, etc.

On the other side, the republicans, which are made up of mostly white christian protestants, will be very upset with the direction the country is headed. This group is also heavily armed and makes up the majority of the U.S. Military.

I see a coup d'etat at some point, especially if they mess with gun rights. There would be no stopping an armed insurrection. The other side simply doesn't have the weaponry to stop it from happening. The majority of democrats are unarmed, untrained and unprepared for a civil war.

In the worst case scenario, America becomes a christian theocracy. Who could stop them? They have the guns, they control the military, and they'd believe God was on their side.

Scary.

Simple solution for democrats. Stop taking more from the taxpayers to give to people that refuse to find jobs.
09-05-2016, 12:30 PM
(09-05-2016 12:21 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Simple solution for democrats. Stop taking more from the taxpayers to give to people that refuse to find jobs.

That very sentence sums up why teaturds are so racist and stupid. Send me your tax material and I will show you how much you are leeching off my fat Girly ass. Idiots don't even realize they're hypocrites.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-05-2016, 12:38 PM
(09-05-2016 12:21 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(09-05-2016 07:35 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I predict that in the near future, Democrats will have full control of everything. They'll control the presidency, both houses of Congress, the majority of state legislatures, etc.

Scary.

Simple solution for democrats. Stop taking more from the taxpayers to give to people that refuse to find jobs.

1. For most Republicans, that is not the most important issue, and if it were "solved", they would still have plenty of other reasons to oppose Democrats.

2. If all social welfare were to be completely cut off, you would barely notice any difference in your taxes. It is really a tiny tiny percentage of the budget.

3. Democrats in general don't take any more from the taxpayers than Republicans do. They just tend to want to spend it on different things. You say po-tay-to, I say po-tah-to.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
09-05-2016, 12:44 PM
(05-05-2016 08:46 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(05-05-2016 08:31 AM)Chas Wrote:  Since he doesn't have that power, then his order is not law.

Go on, keep trying to demonize Obama and ignore the worse shit others have pulled. Facepalm

When the government is enforcing it as if it is law, then it is law. Bush pushed the patriot act through, and the government is accepting it as law. As long as they keep taking these EO's, they are laws. When trump gets in and starts to issue them, they will keep accepting them as laws. If they don't, then that will start all the previous ones issued to cave.

The Patriot Act is not an executive order, it is a law passed by Congress. Facepalm

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
09-05-2016, 01:00 PM
(09-05-2016 08:52 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(09-05-2016 08:43 AM)SYZ Wrote:  Can't see that happening considering the decline of Christianity in America. According to a 2014 study by the Pew Research, only 70.6% of the US population identified themselves as Christians, while another Pew study published in 2012 described the proportion of atheists, agnostics, and humanists at approximately 20% overall, and around 33% for the 18- to 29-year-old demographic.

Thankfully.

Only 70%? That's over 2/3 of the population. Even if they were only half of the population. 50% fully armed is more powerful than the other unarmed half. Christians might be falling in numbers, but it will be a long time before they're small enough representation of the population to be unable to take over.

Only about 1/3 of households are armed, so fewer than 1/2 of those Christian households are armed.
We atheists have guns, too, y'know. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
09-05-2016, 01:24 PM
(09-05-2016 12:38 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(09-05-2016 12:21 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Simple solution for democrats. Stop taking more from the taxpayers to give to people that refuse to find jobs.

1. For most Republicans, that is not the most important issue, and if it were "solved", they would still have plenty of other reasons to oppose Democrats.

2. If all social welfare were to be completely cut off, you would barely notice any difference in your taxes. It is really a tiny tiny percentage of the budget.

3. Democrats in general don't take any more from the taxpayers than Republicans do. They just tend to want to spend it on different things. You say po-tay-to, I say po-tah-to.

If welfare is not leaching that much off the tax system, then stop taking out of the pockets of hard working people. Take it out of your pockets only. I need every dime I earn, to barely get by. Oh, I also end up owing money at the end of the year, not getting a refund. So, tell me again how I am leaching more off you than the animals on welfare.
09-05-2016, 01:27 PM
(09-05-2016 01:24 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I need every dime I earn, to barely get by. Oh, I also end up owing money at the end of the year, not getting a refund. So, tell me again how I am leaching more off you than the animals on welfare.

Sounds like you are not taking advantage of government subsidies available to you. That's not noble. That's fucking stupid.

#sigh