Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
09-05-2016, 01:34 PM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(09-05-2016 01:24 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(09-05-2016 12:38 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  1. For most Republicans, that is not the most important issue, and if it were "solved", they would still have plenty of other reasons to oppose Democrats.

2. If all social welfare were to be completely cut off, you would barely notice any difference in your taxes. It is really a tiny tiny percentage of the budget.

3. Democrats in general don't take any more from the taxpayers than Republicans do. They just tend to want to spend it on different things. You say po-tay-to, I say po-tah-to.

If welfare is not leaching that much off the tax system, then stop taking out of the pockets of hard working people. Take it out of your pockets only. I need every dime I earn, to barely get by. Oh, I also end up owing money at the end of the year, not getting a refund. So, tell me again how I am leaching more off you than the animals on welfare.

Please don't criticize me for things I didn't say. I never said you personally were leeching off anyone. What I did say is that the total amount of money "leeched" by rich people is far more than the amount "leeched" by poor people. And you apparently skipped over #2 above. The amount that comes out of your pocket to support poor people is so small you wouldn't even notice the difference if it disappeared. There probably wouldn't even be a difference. They wouldn't reduce your taxes, they would just find something else to spend it on.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2016, 02:14 PM
(09-05-2016 01:24 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(09-05-2016 12:38 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  1. For most Republicans, that is not the most important issue, and if it were "solved", they would still have plenty of other reasons to oppose Democrats.

2. If all social welfare were to be completely cut off, you would barely notice any difference in your taxes. It is really a tiny tiny percentage of the budget.

3. Democrats in general don't take any more from the taxpayers than Republicans do. They just tend to want to spend it on different things. You say po-tay-to, I say po-tah-to.

If welfare is not leaching that much off the tax system, then stop taking out of the pockets of hard working people. Take it out of your pockets only. I need every dime I earn, to barely get by. Oh, I also end up owing money at the end of the year, not getting a refund. So, tell me again how I am leaching more off you than the animals on welfare.

So it's Waa Waa I shouldn't pay taxes waa waa other people should? Waa waa other people who don't pay are leeches waa waa I want to be a leech?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
09-05-2016, 02:15 PM
(09-05-2016 01:27 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-05-2016 01:24 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I need every dime I earn, to barely get by. Oh, I also end up owing money at the end of the year, not getting a refund. So, tell me again how I am leaching more off you than the animals on welfare.

Sounds like you are not taking advantage of government subsidies available to you. That's not noble. That's fucking stupid.

I asked you to tell me how I am somehow leaching off the system. You have no point.
09-05-2016, 02:18 PM
(09-05-2016 02:15 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(09-05-2016 01:27 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Sounds like you are not taking advantage of government subsidies available to you. That's not noble. That's fucking stupid.

I asked you to tell me how I am somehow leaching off the system. You have no point.

Show me your tax deductions and credits. That is the extent of your leeching. And that's my point. You don't even fucking realize you are probably leeching off the system far more than Chico working under the table.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
09-05-2016, 02:19 PM
(09-05-2016 01:34 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(09-05-2016 01:24 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  If welfare is not leaching that much off the tax system, then stop taking out of the pockets of hard working people. Take it out of your pockets only. I need every dime I earn, to barely get by. Oh, I also end up owing money at the end of the year, not getting a refund. So, tell me again how I am leaching more off you than the animals on welfare.

Please don't criticize me for things I didn't say. I never said you personally were leeching off anyone. What I did say is that the total amount of money "leeched" by rich people is far more than the amount "leeched" by poor people. And you apparently skipped over #2 above. The amount that comes out of your pocket to support poor people is so small you wouldn't even notice the difference if it disappeared. There probably wouldn't even be a difference. They wouldn't reduce your taxes, they would just find something else to spend it on.

Ah, but them getting off their asses and getting jobs would take strain off me and they would then be paying into the system. It is not just the money they take, it is also that which they don't pay as well. Just like the excuse that illegals pay taxes too, because they pay sales tax. If sales tax were the only thing I had to pay, I would have no complaint. It is what they don't pay that I have a problem with.
09-05-2016, 02:31 PM
(09-05-2016 02:19 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Ah, but them getting off their asses and getting jobs would take strain off me and they would then be paying into the system. It is not just the money they take, it is also that which they don't pay as well. Just like the excuse that illegals pay taxes too, because they pay sales tax. If sales tax were the only thing I had to pay, I would have no complaint. It is what they don't pay that I have a problem with.

And what are those?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
09-05-2016, 02:42 PM
(09-05-2016 02:31 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-05-2016 02:19 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Ah, but them getting off their asses and getting jobs would take strain off me and they would then be paying into the system. It is not just the money they take, it is also that which they don't pay as well. Just like the excuse that illegals pay taxes too, because they pay sales tax. If sales tax were the only thing I had to pay, I would have no complaint. It is what they don't pay that I have a problem with.

And what are those?

Income tax on every dollar they earn. They have no problem running all cash businesses and the government doesn't watch them. It watches all of us that are citizens. If I try to cheat them by doing an all cash business, I would get tossed in prison. All I ask for is equality.
09-05-2016, 02:50 PM
(09-05-2016 02:42 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(09-05-2016 02:31 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  And what are those?

Income tax on every dollar they earn.

You don't pay income tax on every dollar you earn. I don't pay income tax on every dollar I earn. Why should they?

(09-05-2016 02:42 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  All I ask for is equality.

I'm not sure you appreciate what that even means.

09-05-2016, 03:01 PM
(09-05-2016 02:50 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-05-2016 02:42 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Income tax on every dollar they earn.

You don't pay income tax on every dollar you earn. I don't pay income tax on every dollar I earn. Why should they?

(09-05-2016 02:42 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  All I ask for is equality.

I get a weekly paycheck and I have a percentage taken against my will based on what I earn. What is the problem with asking that they do the same?
09-05-2016, 03:03 PM
(09-05-2016 03:01 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(09-05-2016 02:50 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You don't pay income tax on every dollar you earn. I don't pay income tax on every dollar I earn. Why should they?

I get a weekly paycheck and I have a percentage taken against my will based on what I earn. What is the problem with asking that they do the same?

Most of them do too. Who told you they didn't?