Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
09-05-2016, 03:15 PM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(09-05-2016 07:35 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(09-05-2016 02:29 AM)Banjo Wrote:  I have been predicting the end of the US republic for some time.

LDH, how do you see a new US civil war playing out? Indeed, is it even possible with the way the military is structured?

I am really very interested to hear what you have to say.

Thanks.

I predict that in the near future, Democrats will have full control of everything. They'll control the presidency, both houses of Congress, the majority of state legislatures, etc.

On the other side, the republicans, which are made up of mostly white christian protestants, will be very upset with the direction the country is headed. This group is also heavily armed and makes up the majority of the U.S. Military.

I see a coup d'etat at some point, especially if they mess with gun rights. There would be no stopping an armed insurrection. The other side simply doesn't have the weaponry to stop it from happening. The majority of democrats are unarmed, untrained and unprepared for a civil war.

In the worst case scenario, America becomes a christian theocracy. Who could stop them? They have the guns, they control the military, and they'd believe God was on their side.

Scary.

Cheers mate.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2016, 11:48 PM
(09-05-2016 03:01 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  ... I have a percentage taken against my will ...

It isn't. It only seems that way. But you go to the grocery store in complete confidence that what you buy won't poison you, or is deceitfully labeled, or is priced controlled by an ungoverned monopolistic cabal, or many other potentially harmful consequences of total lack of regulation and enforcement of the regulation.

You drive on a roadway system where the transition from one administrative district to another is seamless, the pavement is more or less sound, the bridges safe, the traffic regulating mechanisms operable and uniform across not just the country but much of the world. You're protected from the heedlessness of other aggressive drivers by the enforcement of traffic laws.

You go to the doctor confident you won't be killed or maimed or fleeced by quacks.

You've been educated to at least an elementary level by force of law.

Your employer treats you fairly by force of law, and must display posters informing you of your rights, which aren't just hollow rights, but rights enforced and a forum provided you in the courts for that enforcement.

And all that is just the tip of a vast iceberg of the benefits of civil society.

Now maybe you think all that should be provided you for free, and that the great phalanx of society employed in providing all those benefits do so for free.

Or perhaps you think it should cost you something but at a price YOU establish, not the price established by society at large. How things should be prioritized should be according to YOUR criteria.

What is apparent is that you haven't given the matter any meaningful thought, certainly no thought whatsoever in any context beyond your own self interest. But we live in a society, not an enclave of isolated hermit caves, where mutual contribution to the public commonwealth makes us ALL prosper, much of it unrecognized, unseen, but all of it vital, or we'd all be dead before we'd reached 40, exhausted and diseased.
[+] 12 users Like Airportkid's post
10-05-2016, 07:03 AM
(09-05-2016 11:48 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  
(09-05-2016 03:01 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  ... I have a percentage taken against my will ...

It isn't. It only seems that way. But you go to the grocery store in complete confidence that what you buy won't poison you, or is deceitfully labeled, or is priced controlled by an ungoverned monopolistic cabal, or many other potentially harmful consequences of total lack of regulation and enforcement of the regulation.

You drive on a roadway system where the transition from one administrative district to another is seamless, the pavement is more or less sound, the bridges safe, the traffic regulating mechanisms operable and uniform across not just the country but much of the world. You're protected from the heedlessness of other aggressive drivers by the enforcement of traffic laws.

You go to the doctor confident you won't be killed or maimed or fleeced by quacks.

Your employer treats you fairly by force of law, and must display posters informing you of your rights, which aren't just hollow rights, but rights enforced and a forum provided you in the courts for that enforcement.

And all that is just the tip of a vast iceberg of the benefits of civil society.

Now maybe you think all that should be provided you for free, and that the great phalanx of society employed in providing all those benefits do so for free.

Or perhaps you think it should cost you something but at a price YOU establish, not the price established by society at large. How things should be prioritized should be according to YOUR criteria.

What is apparent is that you haven't given the matter any meaningful thought, certainly no thought whatsoever in any context beyond your own self interest. But we live in a society, not an enclave of isolated hermit caves, where mutual contribution to the public commonwealth makes us ALL prosper, much of it unrecognized, unseen, but all of it vital, or we'd all be dead before we'd reached 40, exhausted and diseased.

My employer treats me well because he is a decent guy. Look at Walmart and tell me they treat their employees well. They pay as close to minimum wage as they can get away with, keep hours down so they don't have to offer benefits, and from what I understand their management isn't even paid all that well. There are so many others out there. My boss wants quality people though and gets what he pays for.
10-05-2016, 07:08 AM
(09-05-2016 11:48 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  

That was an excellent post. I find it troubling that many libertarians are so naive when it comes to human nature; they don't realize how much evil is being held back by laws and regulations.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post
10-05-2016, 07:08 AM
(10-05-2016 07:03 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(09-05-2016 11:48 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  It isn't. It only seems that way. But you go to the grocery store in complete confidence that what you buy won't poison you, or is deceitfully labeled, or is priced controlled by an ungoverned monopolistic cabal, or many other potentially harmful consequences of total lack of regulation and enforcement of the regulation.

My employer treats me well because he is a decent guy. Look at Walmart and tell me they treat their employees well. They pay as close to minimum wage as they can get away with, keep hours down so they don't have to offer benefits, and from what I understand their management isn't even paid all that well. There are so many others out there. My boss wants quality people though and gets what he pays for.

Try to imagine what Walmart would do if there were no regulations.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
10-05-2016, 07:10 AM
(10-05-2016 07:08 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Try to imagine what Walmart would do if there were no regulations.
We don't even have to imagine it, we can simply look at the way people are being treated by corporations in countries that don't have our regulations. China and their factories with conditions so bad that employees regularly commit suicide come to mind.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post
10-05-2016, 10:30 AM
Clinton might lead in a national head to head poll, but as we all know, we don't use a popular vote to elect the president. A new poll shows Clinton and Trump in a virtual tie in swing states, six months before the election. Even Pennsylvania isn't a lock for Clinton as it was for Obama.

This is going to get interesting.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/05/...-race.html

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
10-05-2016, 10:47 AM
(10-05-2016 10:30 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Clinton might lead in a national head to head poll, but as we all know, we don't use a popular vote to elect the president. A new poll shows Clinton and Trump in a virtual tie in swing states, six months before the election. Even Pennsylvania isn't a lock for Clinton as it was for Obama.

He could take all 3 mentioned - FL, OH, PA - and e would still lose. This illustrates the electoral disadvantage Trump starts with.

#sigh
10-05-2016, 11:38 AM
(10-05-2016 10:47 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-05-2016 10:30 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Clinton might lead in a national head to head poll, but as we all know, we don't use a popular vote to elect the president. A new poll shows Clinton and Trump in a virtual tie in swing states, six months before the election. Even Pennsylvania isn't a lock for Clinton as it was for Obama.

He could take all 3 mentioned - FL, OH, PA - and e would still lose. This illustrates the electoral disadvantage Trump starts with.

Yeah, that needs to go away. Obama didn't win the popular vote this time. He should not be in office.
10-05-2016, 11:49 AM
(10-05-2016 11:38 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(10-05-2016 10:47 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  He could take all 3 mentioned - FL, OH, PA - and e would still lose. This illustrates the electoral disadvantage Trump starts with.

Yeah, that needs to go away. Obama didn't win the popular vote this time. He should not be in office.

What? Obama won both the popular vote and the electoral college. Is this like your welfare queen position where facts don't matter just what you feel happens?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 5 users Like Revenant77x's post