Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
12-05-2016, 11:33 PM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(12-05-2016 11:23 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 10:57 PM)morondog Wrote:  Seems an odd thing to be getting your knickers in a twist over given the blatantly unconstitutional shit that Trump wants to do.

But what is the current tally so far? I think every single Speaker involved in Clinton's impeachment has now had their own sex scandal.

http://www.snopes.com/republican-impeach...n-scandal/

CLAIM: All three Speakers of the House involved with the impeachment of President Clinton later had sex scandals of their own.

MOSTLY TRUE

WHAT'S TRUE: Three politicians (Newt Gingrich, Bob Livingston, and Dennis Hastert) served or nearly served as Speakers of the House during the impeachment of President Bill Clinton; all three men experienced public sex scandals of varying severity.

WHAT'S UNDETERMINED: Whether Gingrich's 2007 admission of an affair during the 1998-1999 impeachment qualifies as a sex scandal.

Scandal or not, they're all a bunch of cheeky hypocrites.

Wait... so this guy was having an affair *while* impeaching Clinton? Laugh out load Fuck, that's gotta take the cake.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
12-05-2016, 11:55 PM
(12-05-2016 11:33 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 11:23 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  But what is the current tally so far? I think every single Speaker involved in Clinton's impeachment has now had their own sex scandal.

http://www.snopes.com/republican-impeach...n-scandal/

CLAIM: All three Speakers of the House involved with the impeachment of President Clinton later had sex scandals of their own.

MOSTLY TRUE

WHAT'S TRUE: Three politicians (Newt Gingrich, Bob Livingston, and Dennis Hastert) served or nearly served as Speakers of the House during the impeachment of President Bill Clinton; all three men experienced public sex scandals of varying severity.

WHAT'S UNDETERMINED: Whether Gingrich's 2007 admission of an affair during the 1998-1999 impeachment qualifies as a sex scandal.

Scandal or not, they're all a bunch of cheeky hypocrites.

Wait... so this guy was having an affair *while* impeaching Clinton? Laugh out load Fuck, that's gotta take the cake.

Welcome to American Politics, where the game is made up and the points don't matter.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
13-05-2016, 07:14 AM
(12-05-2016 11:33 PM)morondog Wrote:  Wait... so this guy was having an affair *while* impeaching Clinton? Laugh out load Fuck, that's gotta take the cake.
I don't understand why that would be notable. Bill Clinton wasn't impeached for having an affair, he was impeached for perjury (lying while under oath) and for obstruction of justice.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
13-05-2016, 07:58 AM
Clinton's lead over Trump is melting away fast, especially in the important swing states. The newest national polls have her at 51% to 49% and 48% to 46% respectively. Y'all should start worrying right about now.

Here are some interesting tidbits taken from this video:
  • Both Clinton and Trump capture at least 85% support from members of their own party.
  • 58% of Independents side with Trump
  • 81% of Evangelicals side with Trump
  • 55% of Latinos side with Trump
  • 87% of black people side with Clinton
  • 54% of Moderates side with Clinton
Here's what The Young Turks have to say:

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
13-05-2016, 08:04 AM
and then there's this.

FOR F*CK’S SAKE, AMERICA’: NATE SILVER SLAMS POLLS SHOWING CLOSE RACE BETWEEN TRUMP, HILLARY

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
13-05-2016, 08:06 AM
(13-05-2016 07:14 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 11:33 PM)morondog Wrote:  Wait... so this guy was having an affair *while* impeaching Clinton? Laugh out load Fuck, that's gotta take the cake.
I don't understand why that would be notable. Bill Clinton wasn't impeached for having an affair, he was impeached for perjury (lying while under oath) and for obstruction of justice.

Facepalm It's the *irony* of some schmuck like this standing up as some kind of moral hero to impeach a man basically for having an affair - of sure, he lied about it, who wouldn't?

Christ man, you can't see the humour?

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
13-05-2016, 08:18 AM

This is technically true, but is missing the context. He was on the stand for a witch hunt looking for impropriety. Yes, the perjury was a stupid mistake of his, but the fact that he was up there at all was both a waste of time, and, as we know now, a massive exercise in hypocrisy.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
13-05-2016, 08:24 AM

At least Trump owned up to it. He has not denied having affairs outside of his marriages. I thought that was what we hated about religious people is the inability to admit when they were wrong. They think their non-existent god forgives them for all their shit and that is all that matters. That is why Josh Dugger is not in prison right now.
13-05-2016, 08:34 AM
(13-05-2016 08:24 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  At least Trump owned up to it. He has not denied having affairs outside of his marriages. I thought that was what we hated about religious people is the inability to admit when they were wrong. They think their non-existent god forgives them for all their shit and that is all that matters. That is why Josh Dugger is not in prison right now.

Well that and the statute of limitations has expired.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
13-05-2016, 09:02 AM
(13-05-2016 08:24 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(13-05-2016 07:14 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I don't understand why that would be notable. Bill Clinton wasn't impeached for having an affair, he was impeached for perjury (lying while under oath) and for obstruction of justice.

At least Trump owned up to it. He has not denied having affairs outside of his marriages. I thought that was what we hated about religious people is the inability to admit when they were wrong. They think their non-existent god forgives them for all their shit and that is all that matters. That is why Josh Dugger is not in prison right now.

At least Trump owned up to his affairs. When he's cheerfully advocating bombing innocent people and building walls and implementing any of his other idiotic ideas I'll comfort myself with that thought. Can't go wrong with an honest man. At least he owned up to his affairs. Have you heard the man speak? Sounds just like the drunk guys at the bar on a Friday night. Nice guy. Not to Muslims obviously. But still, quite a nice guy.

[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post