Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
04-03-2016, 01:47 PM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(04-03-2016 09:07 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  The main problem the Democrats have is turnout. Republican primary turnout is up 50%-100% depending on the state. Democrat turnout is down 30%. Polls might show Hillary beating so and so, but if the voters stay home playing video games, or the Bernie supporters go to Trump like some of the interviews I've seen, this won't be close. Primary turnout is a huge indicator of who wins the election. Republicans are motivated right now. Democrats are staying home. Almost 4 million more votes have been cast for republicans this primary season than for democrats. That should worry Democrats more than anything.

I get what you're saying... But I see the zealous Republicunts are the vast majority of Republicans, while them Dems are generally a lazy bunch who only bother making the last minute march... At least that's how I and the majority of my friends vote, especially when Facebook starts shoving "X, Y, Z and 12 others just voted. Are you voting?" down my throat.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
04-03-2016, 01:51 PM
(04-03-2016 12:30 PM)Dom Wrote:  I think we are going to get Clinton/Sanders. They have been very soft to each other, with Sanders even defending Clinton in her mail scandal.

I'm pretty sure that would be the oldest combined ticket ever. Not sure how great that would be for an infamously difficult job...

... this is my signature!
04-03-2016, 02:05 PM
(04-03-2016 01:51 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(04-03-2016 12:30 PM)Dom Wrote:  I think we are going to get Clinton/Sanders. They have been very soft to each other, with Sanders even defending Clinton in her mail scandal.

I'm pretty sure that would be the oldest combined ticket ever. Not sure how great that would be for an infamously difficult job...

Don't underestimate older people. We have better health support than previous generations and last longer in better shape.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
04-03-2016, 02:22 PM
(04-03-2016 02:05 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(04-03-2016 01:51 PM)cjlr Wrote:  I'm pretty sure that would be the oldest combined ticket ever. Not sure how great that would be for an infamously difficult job...

Don't underestimate older people. We have better health support than previous generations and last longer in better shape.

I'm not - nobody in bad health would be running for president! But going blindly by actuarial tables there's a 20%+ chance at least one of them's dead in five years.
(the appropriate weighting for their presumed excellent access to healthcare and their respective personal and family histories notwithstanding)

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
04-03-2016, 02:40 PM
(04-03-2016 12:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(04-03-2016 09:43 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  It's a small sample size, but it shows a pattern. The party with the higher primary turnout wins the general election.

Didn't happen in 1980 or 1988.

Yeah, it looks like a Texas Sharpshooter to me.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
04-03-2016, 04:26 PM
Trump's people (and the bimbo in charge of his national PR) are doing quite a tap-dance today, trying to TAKE BACK his idiotic statement last night about torture. He said if he ordered it, they would do it. Turns out (and the military went nuts over it today), if Trump orders something illegal, the military MUST resign rather than perform an illegal act.

Since the ignorant Trump, with NO experience in public life or the law, runs his mouth before he thinks, (totally inappropriate for a president) this is just the start. By the time the election comes around, there will be a pile of these "mis-statements". What a babbling joke he is. He's not fit to be the president of a block association, much less POTUS.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 6 users Like Bucky Ball's post
04-03-2016, 04:36 PM
(04-03-2016 04:26 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Trump's people (and the bimbo in charge of his national PR) are doing quite a tap-dance today, trying to TAKE BACK his idiotic statement last night about torture. He said if he ordered it, they would do it. Turns out (and the military went nuts over it today), if Trump orders something illegal, the military MUST resign rather than perform an illegal act.

Since the ignorant Trump, with NO experience in public life or the law, runs his mouth before he thinks, (totally inappropriate for a president) this is just the start. By the time the election comes around, there will be a pile of these "mis-statements". What a babbling joke he is. He's not fit to be the president of a block association, much less POTUS.

He has pretty hands. Drinking Beverage

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
04-03-2016, 04:37 PM
So who do we think Trump's choice of VP might be?

I'm liking a Trump/Palin ticket. The threat of "President Palin" makes for an excellent life-insurance policy.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 3 users Like Paleophyte's post
04-03-2016, 04:44 PM
(04-03-2016 04:37 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  So who do we think Trump's choice of VP might be?

I'm liking a Trump/Palin ticket. The threat of "President Palin" makes for an excellent life-insurance policy.

Some of the names that were floating around CPAC yesterday were Allen West and Rick Scott. Both from Florida. Winning Florida is key. Allen West obviously brings military experience into Trump's campaign, and he's African American which could steal some votes from the Democrats.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
04-03-2016, 04:44 PM
(04-03-2016 04:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(04-03-2016 04:26 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Trump's people (and the bimbo in charge of his national PR) are doing quite a tap-dance today, trying to TAKE BACK his idiotic statement last night about torture. He said if he ordered it, they would do it. Turns out (and the military went nuts over it today), if Trump orders something illegal, the military MUST resign rather than perform an illegal act.

He has pretty hands. Drinking Beverage

pretty small hands Angel

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post