Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
08-06-2016, 12:43 PM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(08-06-2016 12:30 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(08-06-2016 05:59 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  The only thing stopping the US from becoming Venezuela is our ability to borrow money with no limit. We are many trillions of dollars in debt because we are a welfare state. You think our ability to borrow money will suddenly go away if Trump gets in? I doubt it. China enjoys owning us too much.

What sort of John Birch Society nonsense is that?

Look around. Every time the politicians make a new law or do anything, it puts the country deeper in debt.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2016, 12:45 PM
(08-06-2016 12:43 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(08-06-2016 12:30 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  What sort of John Birch Society nonsense is that?

Look around. Every time the politicians make a new law or do anything, it puts the country deeper in debt.

But Donald McTrump™ will save us all Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
08-06-2016, 12:50 PM
(08-06-2016 12:45 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(08-06-2016 12:43 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Look around. Every time the politicians make a new law or do anything, it puts the country deeper in debt.

But Donald McTrump™ will save us all Rolleyes

He said he plans to end the welfare gravy train. That in itself would help.
08-06-2016, 12:53 PM
(08-06-2016 12:43 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(08-06-2016 12:30 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  What sort of John Birch Society nonsense is that?

Someone clearly hasn't learnt about fiat currencies.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
08-06-2016, 01:00 PM
(08-06-2016 12:50 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(08-06-2016 12:45 PM)morondog Wrote:  But Donald McTrump™ will save us all Rolleyes

He said he plans to end the welfare gravy train. That in itself would help.

Facepalm So... people without jobs will now be even more screwed and unable to lift themselves out of poverty. Sounds like a fucking *great* idea. How about ya know taxing the rich and so forth? Or are you putting your faith in the fabled trickle down?

You know *why* dickheads like Trump go after welfare? It's a big, easy target and the targeted demographic can't fight back. All your problems are because of immigrants, welfare and the Chinese. None of them are in any way traceable to you or Donald Trump. America would be great if only...

People love to be told stories about how they're really the best. He's got you eating out of his hand. And you know the thing about babies and candy? The baby doesn't *get* the candy.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 8 users Like morondog's post
08-06-2016, 01:28 PM
(08-06-2016 01:00 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(08-06-2016 12:50 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  He said he plans to end the welfare gravy train. That in itself would help.

Facepalm So... people without jobs will now be even more screwed and unable to lift themselves out of poverty. Sounds like a fucking *great* idea. How about ya know taxing the rich and so forth? Or are you putting your faith in the fabled trickle down?

You know *why* dickheads like Trump go after welfare? It's a big, easy target and the targeted demographic can't fight back. All your problems are because of immigrants, welfare and the Chinese. None of them are in any way traceable to you or Donald Trump. America would be great if only...

People love to be told stories about how they're really the best. He's got you eating out of his hand. And you know the thing about babies and candy? The baby doesn't *get* the candy.

Not to mention that completely eliminating the "welfare gravy train" (at least the one he's referring to) would hardly impact the federal budget at all, because it's such a tiny part of it to begin with. Corporate welfare and wasteful military spending are much larger drains. Compare the cost of the completely unnecessary Irag war (which, if anything, has made life worse for most Iraqis) to what we spend on welfare.
[+] 4 users Like Grasshopper's post
08-06-2016, 01:31 PM
(08-06-2016 01:00 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(08-06-2016 12:50 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  He said he plans to end the welfare gravy train. That in itself would help.

I target welfare people because it is not like the government asks anything in return for their welfare checks. They are not asked to do job training, actual work, or even take a damn drug test. They collect pay for nothing and have the free time to get money under the table. If we want to continue welfare, there should be drug testing and they should have to do something to continue getting paid. If I lose my job, I get unemployment for 6 months all the while I have to show that I am searching for a job and do some type of training. After that 6 months, people who paid into unemployment get cut off. Welfare people pay nothing into it and still get paid indefinitely. They also do nothing for it.
08-06-2016, 01:39 PM
(08-06-2016 01:31 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(08-06-2016 01:00 PM)morondog Wrote:  Facepalm So... people without jobs will now be even more screwed and unable to lift themselves out of poverty. Sounds like a fucking *great* idea. How about ya know taxing the rich and so forth? Or are you putting your faith in the fabled trickle down?

I target welfare people because it is not like the government asks anything in return for their welfare checks. They are not asked to do job training, actual work, or even take a damn drug test. They collect pay for nothing and have the free time to get money under the table. If we want to continue welfare, there should be drug testing and they should have to do something to continue getting paid. If I lose my job, I get unemployment for 6 months all the while I have to show that I am searching for a job and do some type of training. After that 6 months, people who paid into unemployment get cut off. Welfare people pay nothing into it and still get paid indefinitely. They also do nothing for it.

Even if that were true of each and every welfare recipient (and it's not), "targeting" welfare in the face of all the far more serious problems this country has is like a cancer patient targeting a hangnail.
08-06-2016, 01:56 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2016 02:01 PM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(08-06-2016 01:31 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Welfare people pay nothing into it and still get paid indefinitely.

This is factually incorrect.

(08-06-2016 01:31 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  They also do nothing for it.

As is this.

A little information goes a long ways towards avoiding these egg-on-the-face moments.
[+] 5 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
08-06-2016, 02:13 PM
OP I agreed with you when you started this thread, but what about now? Do you still maintain the same attitude? I believe that Hitler will be elected and very soon try to dissolve congress and the court system, unless he can get rid of all the judges that don't have "white" names.