Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
10-06-2016, 07:56 AM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(10-06-2016 07:54 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(10-06-2016 07:20 AM)morondog Wrote:  Why should there be requirements? You wanna try living on welfare? Why don't you? You're clearly jealous of them. Apparently having to work is the most terrible thing that's ever happened to you. so even if some guy has only two cents to rub together, by God, he'd better have *earned* them, otherwise you and Donald Trump are gonna take it away.

You are disgusting.

There are whole generations of people that have lived on welfare, combined with rental assistance and foodstamps. They figured out how to get all of those and teach their children how to never work. People like you that feel that is perfectly acceptable are the problem.

People like you who suggest starving people you've never met are way worse of a problem.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
10-06-2016, 07:59 AM
(10-06-2016 07:54 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(10-06-2016 07:20 AM)morondog Wrote:  Why should there be requirements? You wanna try living on welfare? Why don't you? You're clearly jealous of them. Apparently having to work is the most terrible thing that's ever happened to you. so even if some guy has only two cents to rub together, by God, he'd better have *earned* them, otherwise you and Donald Trump are gonna take it away.

You are disgusting.

There are whole generations of people that have lived on welfare, combined with rental assistance and foodstamps. They figured out how to get all of those and teach their children how to never work. People like you that feel that is perfectly acceptable are the problem.

Also, please provide evidence for your bullshit claim.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
10-06-2016, 08:31 AM
(10-06-2016 07:59 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(10-06-2016 07:54 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  There are whole generations of people that have lived on welfare, combined with rental assistance and foodstamps. They figured out how to get all of those and teach their children how to never work. People like you that feel that is perfectly acceptable are the problem.

I don't really dispute his claim -- there are people for whom welfare is an ingrained way of life. What I dispute is the implied claim that this is true of all welfare recipients (or even a majority of them).

This brings to mind a "truism" that I heard once: A Republican will starve 100 poor people to catch one welfare cheat, while a Democrat will feed 100 cheats to make sure one poor person doesn't starve. Both claims are wild exaggerations, but there is a kernel of truth there, and I would be proud to be the Democrat in this scenario, and ashamed to be the Republican.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
10-06-2016, 09:37 AM
(10-06-2016 05:39 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I stand by my statement. The only info I can find is about some sort of volunteer work that they are supposedly required to do. I see nothing that states that they have to go to work of some sort every day or for any period of time. You have failed in your argument. I see no actual requirements, other than being lazy.

That's great. Your ignorance is not my problem. Smile
10-06-2016, 09:40 AM
(10-06-2016 07:59 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(10-06-2016 07:54 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  There are whole generations of people that have lived on welfare, combined with rental assistance and foodstamps. They figured out how to get all of those and teach their children how to never work. People like you that feel that is perfectly acceptable are the problem.

He can't, and won't, because there is none. He has imbibed the stereotypes promulgated by the Randians of the world, and sees moochers in everyone who has ever needed a hand up.
10-06-2016, 12:36 PM
(10-06-2016 09:40 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  ... and sees moochers in everyone who has ever needed a hand up ...

It takes a bitter and depressing mind to resent people less well off than oneself attaining meager improvement that still brings them nowhere near parity. That must be an awful state of mind to live in.
[+] 3 users Like Airportkid's post
10-06-2016, 12:51 PM
(10-06-2016 09:40 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(10-06-2016 07:59 AM)morondog Wrote:  Also, please provide evidence for your bullshit claim.

He can't, and won't, because there is none. He has imbibed the stereotypes promulgated by the Randians of the world, and sees moochers in everyone who has ever needed a hand up.

I will throw out the name of someone I knew personally. I went on one date with a girl I went to high school with. He name is Karla Kalbocker, not sure if I am spelling it correctly. It was almost 20 years ago. Her mother was/is on welfare and rental assistance, plus foodstamps and numerous other things. Oh, before you accuse me of being racist, they are indeed white trash. The mother at the time weighed in at approx. 700lbs. I am guessing, but she took up an entire 3 seated couch from end to end. I only went on one date and found out Karla's mother was fighting her about getting a job and wanted her to also be on welfare as soon as she was out of school. I decided I didn't want to have that fight. There are more of those people out there than you think. Also, if they are not lazy why can't they do some kind of work for the money they receive? If you really want to have people that do nothing but still get a check, maybe there should be a tiny amount we give the truly lazy and a higher amount to those that will do something useful. Oh, and breeding is not a qualifier for the higher amount.
10-06-2016, 12:55 PM
So instead of reading through 40 pages... maybe someone can update me on whether turnip is worth worrying about yet.
10-06-2016, 03:37 PM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2016 04:06 PM by GirlyMan.)
My guess is Birdy makes less than he could on welfare and it pisses him off. Or worse yet, Birdy is on welfare himself and this is self-loathing.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
10-06-2016, 03:47 PM
(10-06-2016 12:55 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  So instead of reading through 40 pages... maybe someone can update me on whether turnip is worth worrying about yet.

You wouldn't find the answer even if you did read all 40 pages. In my opinion, Trump is like the Energizer bunny. He should have faded away long ago, but he's still going. I don't think he's going to win the general election, but then, I didn't think he would even get this far, and he has surprised me so far. Who knows? I am a bit worried. I think "President Trump" would be a total disaster. I just hope the American people have enough sense not to elect him -- but I don't have a lot of faith in the American people these days.