Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
13-06-2016, 06:33 AM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(13-06-2016 06:27 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(11-06-2016 03:03 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Oh, we won't get rid of him. We'll send him to the Soilent Rendering Plant for the Elderly and Disabled, where he will become component to all.

(joking. I want bird to live to happy, ripe old age without getting bitter about the poor having food and shelter.)

You seem to be missing the meaning of poor. When I go to Walmart, the employees there are for the most part poor. They get paid very little and in my mind deserve some help from the government. They show up for a shitty job every day and get paid too little. My problem is the people that decide that working is not worth it and demand to be fed by our tax dollars without contributing anything except for farting out a new kid once in a while to try to get more money.

It's a bit bad but I find myself hoping you'll get treated with this kind of callousness at some point in your life. Maybe you'll learn something. It's not helluva likely though.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-06-2016, 06:43 AM
(13-06-2016 06:33 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(13-06-2016 06:27 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  You seem to be missing the meaning of poor. When I go to Walmart, the employees there are for the most part poor. They get paid very little and in my mind deserve some help from the government. They show up for a shitty job every day and get paid too little. My problem is the people that decide that working is not worth it and demand to be fed by our tax dollars without contributing anything except for farting out a new kid once in a while to try to get more money.

It's a bit bad but I find myself hoping you'll get treated with this kind of callousness at some point in your life. Maybe you'll learn something. It's not helluva likely though.

That ship has sailed. When I was in grade school, I was treated horribly. Not that it is any of your business. I was taught the hard way that you are responsible for your actions/inactions. You don't hold off and kick the ass of someone that is pushing you around, you get teased by all. You refuse to even do the most basic of jobs, then you should starve. If you are completely unwilling to help yourself, then nobody should help you. There is a difference between being unable to help yourself and being unwilling. The unwilling should not be here draining the resources.
13-06-2016, 07:35 AM
(13-06-2016 06:43 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(13-06-2016 06:33 AM)morondog Wrote:  It's a bit bad but I find myself hoping you'll get treated with this kind of callousness at some point in your life. Maybe you'll learn something. It's not helluva likely though.

That ship has sailed. When I was in grade school, I was treated horribly. Not that it is any of your business. I was taught the hard way that you are responsible for your actions/inactions. You don't hold off and kick the ass of someone that is pushing you around, you get teased by all. You refuse to even do the most basic of jobs, then you should starve. If you are completely unwilling to help yourself, then nobody should help you. There is a difference between being unable to help yourself and being unwilling. The unwilling should not be here draining the resources.

Dodgy You learned hate from your experience. Hate and resentment. I guess it's not that surprising. You also clearly think you're a special snowflake who got treated the worst anyone could be. And god damn, the uncaring world looked on. So anyone who shows care for another is being a pussy and wasting your tax dollars and and and.

You're small-minded and bitter. I retract my previous statement - I think you already live in your own hell.

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
13-06-2016, 07:39 AM
(13-06-2016 07:35 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(13-06-2016 06:43 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  That ship has sailed. When I was in grade school, I was treated horribly. Not that it is any of your business. I was taught the hard way that you are responsible for your actions/inactions. You don't hold off and kick the ass of someone that is pushing you around, you get teased by all. You refuse to even do the most basic of jobs, then you should starve. If you are completely unwilling to help yourself, then nobody should help you. There is a difference between being unable to help yourself and being unwilling. The unwilling should not be here draining the resources.

Dodgy You learned hate from your experience. Hate and resentment. I guess it's not that surprising. You also clearly think you're a special snowflake who got treated the worst anyone could be. And god damn, the uncaring world looked on. So anyone who shows care for another is being a pussy and wasting your tax dollars and and and.

You're small-minded and bitter. I retract my previous statement - I think you already live in your own hell.

You'd be wrong. There is such a thing as wasting money. Wasting money and resources on someone that refuses to find employment for their entire life is wrong.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
13-06-2016, 08:06 AM
(13-06-2016 07:39 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Wasting money and resources on someone that refuses to find employment for their entire life is wrong.

Rolleyes And you've magically determined that everyone who ever needs some kind of social security is gaming the system, 'cos you just know it. And you also presume to instruct us on morality. You know, I'd say advocating starving people to death was just plain wrong but you clearly don't have any problem with it at all.

[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
13-06-2016, 08:38 AM
(13-06-2016 06:27 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  You seem to be missing the meaning of poor. When I go to Walmart, the employees there are for the most part poor. They get paid very little and in my mind deserve some help from the government. They show up for a shitty job every day and get paid too little. My problem is the people that decide that working is not worth it and demand to be fed by our tax dollars without contributing anything except for farting out a new kid once in a while to try to get more money.

So you got no problem subsidizing WalMart with your tax dollars. Yeah, that makes sense.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
13-06-2016, 08:43 AM
(13-06-2016 08:38 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

So you got no problem subsidizing WalMart with your tax dollars. Yeah, that makes sense.

While I don't like it, we are never going to make Walmart pay a proper wage or pay their share in taxes. We can assist the unfortunate people that are stuck working at places like that. At least they work though. The ones that outright refuse, should yes starve. At which point it would be them starving themselves. If it is that bad asking them to do something more than pump out more kids, then they should go the way of the dinosaurs.
13-06-2016, 09:01 AM (This post was last modified: 13-06-2016 09:07 AM by GirlyMan.)
(13-06-2016 08:43 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(13-06-2016 08:38 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  So you got no problem subsidizing WalMart with your tax dollars. Yeah, that makes sense.

While I don't like it, we are never going to make Walmart pay a proper wage or pay their share in taxes. We can assist the unfortunate people that are stuck working at places like that. At least they work though. The ones that outright refuse, should yes starve. At which point it would be them starving themselves. If it is that bad asking them to do something more than pump out more kids, then they should go the way of the dinosaurs.

This makes no sense. Total taxpayer dollars to welfare ~$1.1 billion with more than half of that being Medicaid. Total taxpayers subsidies to WalMart, McDonald's and other notoriously low paying employers ~$153 billion. And we sure as shit can make WalMart pay at least a minimum amount. We already do. It's called the federal minimum wage.

Your anger is misdirected. Not sure why you got such a pole up your ass for welfare recipients but they ain't the ones sodomizing you with a foreign object.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
13-06-2016, 12:25 PM
(13-06-2016 09:01 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(13-06-2016 08:43 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  While I don't like it, we are never going to make Walmart pay a proper wage or pay their share in taxes. We can assist the unfortunate people that are stuck working at places like that. At least they work though. The ones that outright refuse, should yes starve. At which point it would be them starving themselves. If it is that bad asking them to do something more than pump out more kids, then they should go the way of the dinosaurs.

This makes no sense. Total taxpayer dollars to welfare ~$1.1 billion with more than half of that being Medicaid. Total taxpayers subsidies to WalMart, McDonald's and other notoriously low paying employers ~$153 billion. And we sure as shit can make WalMart pay at least a minimum amount. We already do. It's called the federal minimum wage.

Your anger is misdirected. Not sure why you got such a pole up your ass for welfare recipients but they ain't the ones sodomizing you with a foreign object.

The federal minimum wage is a joke. No, we can't make them pay a decent wage. The government won't do it. Minimum wage should be at least $12 an hour. It is not and I doubt it will ever be. I am angry at them, however I am unable to do anything about that. I am really angry at those that feel it is acceptable to do nothing but collect. At least Walmart and its' employees pay some taxes. The welfare people I have a problem with pay only sales tax if and when they buy something instead of just stealing it.
13-06-2016, 12:53 PM
(13-06-2016 06:27 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(11-06-2016 03:03 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Oh, we won't get rid of him. We'll send him to the Soilent Rendering Plant for the Elderly and Disabled, where he will become component to all.

(joking. I want bird to live to happy, ripe old age without getting bitter about the poor having food and shelter.)

You seem to be missing the meaning of poor. When I go to Walmart, the employees there are for the most part poor. They get paid very little and in my mind deserve some help from the government. They show up for a shitty job every day and get paid too little. My problem is the people that decide that working is not worth it and demand to be fed by our tax dollars without contributing anything except for farting out a new kid once in a while to try to get more money.

You also seem to not understand about poor. I live in the Dominican Republic and see poor. The other day I was driving thru a poor area just before dark and a pick up truck was selling globs of chicken fat and chicken guts and chicken feet for a few pennies (pesos actually) per pound. That is all the protein some of these people including kids will get for the week. I live here on my social security of less than $1000 per month and can survive, but there is no safety net for these poor people, none at all. A family of 5 living in a shack with no bathroom and one queen sized bed for everybody. Cooking outside with scraps of wood or charcoal. I year ago I was in Tennessee working for the above mentioned Walmart for $9.00 an hour and felt rich adding that to my Soc Sec. 100 miles to the west is Haiti and those people come here illegally to work because their own country is a few degrees poorer than here.