Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
14-06-2016, 12:47 PM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(14-06-2016 10:41 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(14-06-2016 07:57 AM)morondog Wrote:  You *idiot*. You made a blanket association about a *whole class* of people. I don't need your stupid home video showing *one* instance. I want proof that Indians or black people in general do this practice. I know that you can't supply it, I'm merely pointing out that you made this gross generalisation simply because no matter how not racist you claim to be, that is *exactly* what you are.

It was not just one family doing what I described. I am not sure I ever caught white people doing it, although I am sure some do. I am not afraid to mention race or religion if it is something I witnessed. Keep in mind this was at multiple stores in multiple areas. If at 10 stores, this happens all the time. I think we can agree this happens at all stores. At least most anyway.

So... some white people do it but it's a problem with race... Not for example a problem with poverty. Plus you made the assertion that "If you go to any Indian shop you'll see stuff there that was probably bought with food stamps" - please tell me how the fuck you determined that? When challenged for evidence you submitted an anecdote about a *black* couple who amazingly used food stamps to buy food. You have zero evidence, and your further attempt to use moar anecdotes as evidence is still reliant on one witness with a vested interest in shoring up your position - you. Whom I don't trust not to make stuff up.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
14-06-2016, 12:59 PM
(14-06-2016 12:30 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(14-06-2016 08:50 AM)morondog Wrote:  ... I'm psychic - you're telling me it's the lily-white truth? If you are I assume you too can supply a single anecdote to support a blanket assertion about a class of people?
I don't know either way. I'm just saying it's disingenuous to call someone a liar when you don't know their claims to be false.

Oh dear. I suppose I'll have to not be disingenuous any more. You caught me. Rolleyes Stop being so bloody prissy. So now I'll have a court procedure every time I suspect someone's lying, and I'll submit the evidence to an impartial judge and obtain permission before I actually call them a liar.

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
14-06-2016, 01:03 PM
(14-06-2016 12:59 PM)morondog Wrote:  Oh dear. I suppose I'll have to not be disingenuous any more. You caught me. Rolleyes Stop being so bloody prissy. So now I'll have a court procedure every time I suspect someone's lying, and I'll submit the evidence to an impartial judge and obtain permission before I actually call them a liar.
I like you, morondog, but humbleness really isn't your strong suit. It's not mine either, for that matter, but do try to put yourself in his shoes. I have a feeling you wouldn't take too kindly to someone who called you a liar without demonstrating it. Tongue

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
14-06-2016, 01:10 PM
(14-06-2016 12:47 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(14-06-2016 10:41 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  It was not just one family doing what I described. I am not sure I ever caught white people doing it, although I am sure some do. I am not afraid to mention race or religion if it is something I witnessed. Keep in mind this was at multiple stores in multiple areas. If at 10 stores, this happens all the time. I think we can agree this happens at all stores. At least most anyway.

So... some white people do it but it's a problem with race... Not for example a problem with poverty. Plus you made the assertion that "If you go to any Indian shop you'll see stuff there that was probably bought with food stamps" - please tell me how the fuck you determined that? When challenged for evidence you submitted an anecdote about a *black* couple who amazingly used food stamps to buy food. You have zero evidence, and your further attempt to use moar anecdotes as evidence is still reliant on one witness with a vested interest in shoring up your position - you. Whom I don't trust not to make stuff up.

You are quite correct. Next time my wife is out of town I will go hang out and watch. When I see an indian buying shit loads of formula with foodstamps, I will follow them and show you where they take it. That will prove that at least one does it.
14-06-2016, 01:20 PM
(14-06-2016 01:03 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(14-06-2016 12:59 PM)morondog Wrote:  Oh dear. I suppose I'll have to not be disingenuous any more. You caught me. Rolleyes Stop being so bloody prissy. So now I'll have a court procedure every time I suspect someone's lying, and I'll submit the evidence to an impartial judge and obtain permission before I actually call them a liar.
I like you, morondog, but humbleness really isn't your strong suit. It's not mine either, for that matter, but do try to put yourself in his shoes. I have a feeling you wouldn't take too kindly to someone who called you a liar without demonstrating it. Tongue

Heh. I like you too Vos, and I can't resist having a go at you either - credit goes to you for not getting pissed off Big Grin I think you'da picked up by now that I'm not exactly looking for Birdie's affection Tongue

14-06-2016, 01:27 PM
(14-06-2016 01:10 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(14-06-2016 12:47 PM)morondog Wrote:  So... some white people do it but it's a problem with race... Not for example a problem with poverty. Plus you made the assertion that "If you go to any Indian shop you'll see stuff there that was probably bought with food stamps" - please tell me how the fuck you determined that? When challenged for evidence you submitted an anecdote about a *black* couple who amazingly used food stamps to buy food. You have zero evidence, and your further attempt to use moar anecdotes as evidence is still reliant on one witness with a vested interest in shoring up your position - you. Whom I don't trust not to make stuff up.

You are quite correct. Next time my wife is out of town I will go hang out and watch. When I see an indian buying shit loads of formula with foodstamps, I will follow them and show you where they take it. That will prove that at least one does it.

Sigh... you are totally failing to get the point here. The point is, you may prove that Mr Patel does X with his foodstamps and oh my God that should be illegal, but you made the statement about *Indians* in general. And you're confident enough that this is a race thing to make that blanket statement without any evidence whatsoever.

I highly doubt that you have ever had any actual proof of the situation you described, so essentially you saw someone buying a lot of powdered milk with foodstamps and decided in your own mind that they must be doing it for resale. And then you decided that "all Indians do it" because you're a racist prick and you need *something* so that you can pretend you have a reason and not just that you're a dickhead.

[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
14-06-2016, 01:29 PM
(14-06-2016 07:57 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(14-06-2016 07:16 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I have no evidence, because I was not allowed to video tape people while at work. I worked in multiple supermarkets and witnessed it first hand. People without kids using multiple foodstamp accounts to buy more formula a few times a day. Usually in amounts more than I made per week. I did smuggle surveillance video out of the one store about 2 years ago. I will attempt to find it. It was a black couple with 3 kids, none young enough to need formula. They would purchase about $900 to $1200 dollars worth of nothing but powdered formula using up to 5 different foodstamp cards. Sometimes 3 times a week.

You *idiot*. You made a blanket association about a *whole class* of people. I don't need your stupid home video showing *one* instance. I want proof that Indians or black people in general do this practice. I know that you can't supply it, I'm merely pointing out that you made this gross generalisation simply because no matter how not racist you claim to be, that is *exactly* what you are.

Them black Indians are from India or the Native American brand of Indians. Just curious.
14-06-2016, 05:18 PM
(14-06-2016 01:29 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  
(14-06-2016 07:57 AM)morondog Wrote:  You *idiot*. You made a blanket association about a *whole class* of people. I don't need your stupid home video showing *one* instance. I want proof that Indians or black people in general do this practice. I know that you can't supply it, I'm merely pointing out that you made this gross generalisation simply because no matter how not racist you claim to be, that is *exactly* what you are.

Them black Indians are from India or the Native American brand of Indians. Just curious.

They're obviously space Indians. Drinking Beverage

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
14-06-2016, 05:51 PM (This post was last modified: 14-06-2016 07:04 PM by GirlyMan.)
(14-06-2016 01:10 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  When I see an indian buying shit loads of formula with foodstamps, I will follow them and show you where they take it. That will prove that at least one does it.

So where you see fraud, waste, and abuse I see a community trying to form a collective and co-op which combines their food stamps and resources to support and strengthen their community. I've seen the ethnic type of stores you are talking about, many many more and much more diverse than you, the products are not sold at a profit but a loss. The cooperative is responsible for supporting its members. Not only is there nothing illegal about that, I applaud it. Making the most efficient use of taxpayer dollars is always a good thing.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
15-06-2016, 06:54 AM
A follow up to my post #478 on Drumpf banning the Washington Post.
The paper is having some fun with it now.

How to Cover Donald Trump Fairly: A Style Guide
by Alexandra Petri

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/com...rmedbroker

A few excerpts...

The Pillars of Covering Trump:

1. Donald Trump is never wrong.

2. A good post about Donald Trump includes at least one of the following words:
“huge,” “great,” “manly,” “terrific,” “incredible,” “fantastic,” “remarkable,” “big”/”bigly,” “immense,” “girthy,” “magisterial,” “gargantuan,” “tumescent.” Ideally, this word would be in the headline.

5. Remember the transitive property of Trump: Whenever Donald Trump loves something, it loves him back. Any polls that obscure these truths should be disregarded.

6. Donald Trump’s hair is real. Well, no. “Real” is putting it too mildly. Donald Trump’s hair is a fact that transcends reality or unreality, not to be questioned, merely to be admired, like the triune nature of God or the singular beauty and excellence of a Donald Trump building.

7. Two words: LARGE HANDS.

8. Facts are often biased against Donald Trump and should be used sparingly in reporting, if at all. Think of them as a garnish, not an entree.

9. Donald Trump’s word suffices. Fact-checking is at best gauche and at worst treasonous. What is fact? Donald Trump speaks truth, which is bigger than fact. Donald Trump loves you. You love Donald Trump.

10. Donald Trump believes that criticism is healthy. As Noel Coward put it, Donald Trump can take any amount of criticism, so long as it is unqualified praise.

The section on Some Frequently Asked Questions on Fair Trump Coverage is not to be missed! Laugh out load

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post