Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
15-06-2016, 08:10 AM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(14-06-2016 05:51 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-06-2016 01:10 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  When I see an indian buying shit loads of formula with foodstamps, I will follow them and show you where they take it. That will prove that at least one does it.

So where you see fraud, waste, and abuse I see a community trying to form a collective and co-op which combines their food stamps and resources to support and strengthen their community. I've seen the ethnic type of stores you are talking about, many many more and much more diverse than you, the products are not sold at a profit but a loss. The cooperative is responsible for supporting its members. Not only is there nothing illegal about that, I applaud it. Making the most efficient use of taxpayer dollars is always a good thing.

Ok, so if I buy baby formula using taxpayer money in the form of foodstamps and then sell it and collect cash for it I am losing money? You must have gone to a religious school for that math to make sense?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-06-2016, 08:29 AM
(15-06-2016 08:10 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(14-06-2016 05:51 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  So where you see fraud, waste, and abuse I see a community trying to form a collective and co-op which combines their food stamps and resources to support and strengthen their community. I've seen the ethnic type of stores you are talking about, many many more and much more diverse than you, the products are not sold at a profit but a loss. The cooperative is responsible for supporting its members. Not only is there nothing illegal about that, I applaud it. Making the most efficient use of taxpayer dollars is always a good thing.

Ok, so if I buy baby formula using taxpayer money in the form of foodstamps and then sell it and collect cash for it I am losing money? You must have gone to a religious school for that math to make sense?

Depends on how much you sell it for. Food stamps are money. It's just a transfer from one form of money to another. You could gain or lose.
15-06-2016, 08:35 AM
(15-06-2016 08:29 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(15-06-2016 08:10 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Ok, so if I buy baby formula using taxpayer money in the form of foodstamps and then sell it and collect cash for it I am losing money? You must have gone to a religious school for that math to make sense?

Depends on how much you sell it for. Food stamps are money. It's just a transfer from one form of money to another. You could gain or lose.

But I would pay nothing for those foodstamps. The taxpayers pay for it. I am a taxpayer, so I am losing that money. These people are not, therefore even if they sell it for a dollar they make a profit.
15-06-2016, 08:38 AM
(15-06-2016 08:35 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(15-06-2016 08:29 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Depends on how much you sell it for. Food stamps are money. It's just a transfer from one form of money to another. You could gain or lose.

But I would pay nothing for those foodstamps. The taxpayers pay for it. I am a taxpayer, so I am losing that money. These people are not, therefore even if they sell it for a dollar they make a profit.

It's not "all about you".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
15-06-2016, 08:40 AM
(14-06-2016 05:50 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(13-06-2016 03:03 PM)tomilay Wrote:  What do you do with the pregnant ones?

You don't see a problem with placing millions of lazy people on the path to a slow death after snatching their children.

Is there more than a slight risk that some of them become criminals? A danger to polite society?

Do you see any potential risks? What would it cost to mitigate them?

What do you reckon this kind of program would cost in socio-economic terms?

The pregnant ones lose the kid after it is born. As far as becoming criminals, most of the ones I have the problem with are. They have to do something for spending money, so they steal stuff like baby formula to cut the drugs they sell. Or just sell the formula. Not to be racist, but take a trip into a convenience store owned someone from india. In most cases the powdered formula on their shelves, they got from a supermarket using multiple foodstamp cards.
What about the lazy pregnant ones, already on starvation diet? Does that increase chances of the baby having congenital issues? If the answer is yes, it would lead to more healthcare costs(baby only). No?

What would it cost in socioeconomic terms? Does the cost even matter to you?

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
15-06-2016, 08:58 AM (This post was last modified: 15-06-2016 09:05 AM by Grasshopper.)
(15-06-2016 08:35 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(15-06-2016 08:29 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Depends on how much you sell it for. Food stamps are money. It's just a transfer from one form of money to another. You could gain or lose.

Sorry, no -- that's just weird logic. Money is money, and "making a profit" doesn't depend on where the initial money came from. They started out with $x worth of food stamps, and they ended up with $y worth of cash. It's only a profit if y is greater than x. By your way of thinking, even if they just use the food stamps to buy food, they're "making a profit". That's weird logic and shitty math.

Also, the irony of you questioning Girlyman's math skills is priceless. I'm pretty sure he has a degree in math.
15-06-2016, 11:26 AM
(15-06-2016 08:10 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(14-06-2016 05:51 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  So where you see fraud, waste, and abuse I see a community trying to form a collective and co-op which combines their food stamps and resources to support and strengthen their community. I've seen the ethnic type of stores you are talking about, many many more and much more diverse than you, the products are not sold at a profit but a loss. The cooperative is responsible for supporting its members. Not only is there nothing illegal about that, I applaud it. Making the most efficient use of taxpayer dollars is always a good thing.

Actually I did. I see nothing wrong with combining all of the food stamps of a community and starting a food bank with it. And depending on the State and what they are selling they are paying sales tax on it. And they typically sell it at a deep discount. I see it more as a redistribution to help those in the community who can't even get foodstamps than what you seem to think is theft.

In my area there are many such communities, Indian, Korean, El Salvadorean, Chinese, etc. They band together to help each other. And why didn't you call the cops if you suspected fraud?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
15-06-2016, 11:37 AM
(15-06-2016 08:58 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(15-06-2016 08:35 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  But I would pay nothing for those foodstamps. The taxpayers pay for it. I am a taxpayer, so I am losing that money. These people are not, therefore even if they sell it for a dollar they make a profit.

Sorry, no -- that's just weird logic. Money is money, and "making a profit" doesn't depend on where the initial money came from. They started out with $x worth of food stamps, and they ended up with $y worth of cash. It's only a profit if y is greater than x. By your way of thinking, even if they just use the food stamps to buy food, they're "making a profit". That's weird logic and shitty math.

Also, the irony of you questioning Girlyman's math skills is priceless. I'm pretty sure he has a degree in math.

Almost certainly they *cannot* make a profit with food stamps. Say they sell the food at a higher price than it can be bought from the shop - with food stamps - no one will buy it. If they buy it with food stamps, then to convert it into normal money they *have* to sell it at a loss.

Birdie is clear that no one should get food stamps ever, unless he personally approves it, because everyone he doesn't like is stealing. He cannot fathom that someone who's poor enough to need foodstamps nevertheless is entitled to live their life without kowtowing to his idea of what they should be doing with it. And that means that if they're entitled to x allowance of food stamps and they choose to spend it and resell, that's *their choice* and in no way takes away from him.

Dear Birdie: you are a dickhead Smile Just FYI.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
15-06-2016, 11:37 AM
(15-06-2016 11:26 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  And why didn't you call the cops if you suspected fraud?

Oh, please -- everyone knows that complaining online is the best way to deal with this scourge.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
15-06-2016, 12:03 PM
(15-06-2016 11:37 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(15-06-2016 11:26 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  And why didn't you call the cops if you suspected fraud?

Oh, please -- everyone knows that complaining online is the best way to deal with this scourge.

There really is nothing AT ALL to even worry about all this stuff.
Trump is going to fix EVERYTHING like this.
*Believe me*, it's all going to be *tremendous*.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post