Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
18-06-2016, 10:03 AM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(18-06-2016 05:50 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(17-06-2016 01:08 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You have no credibility until you disclose your effective tax rate. Depending on the level of your income and deductions I think you are likely paying a very low or even negative effective tax rate. Show me that you are not one of the very leeches you despise so much. Instead of worrying so much about the cost of welfare you should be more concerned with the cost of giving me $50,000 per annum in deductions. I'm a bigger leech than anyone on welfare.

It does not matter. When I have money deducted out of every paycheck and still at the end of the year owe the IRS a few grand, I am paying more than I can afford while others pay nothing and even get paid for doing nothing but breeding out of my taxes. It needs to fucking stop.

Well, if you're owing thousands to the IRS every year at tax time, you have your withholding or estimated tax payments set up wrong, or you have an awful accountant.

Oh, and I'm a child of one of those leeches you despise, here to report! My family qualified for federally funded reduced-fee school lunches when I was a kid, even though my father worked more than full-time, about 60+ hours a week. Using those lunch tickets did not fill me with ambition to lay around and breed. Frankly, after paying with them a couple of times and getting nasty looks and comments from assholes like you, they didn't even fill my stomach with food, as I started skipping lunch instead. Basically, all that program did for me was lower my IQ a bit in the afternoons...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like julep's post
18-06-2016, 10:14 AM
(18-06-2016 07:31 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(18-06-2016 07:06 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Did you not read? I get nothing back at the end of the year. I owe. How exactly am I getting more than I realize?

OK. Let me see if I can explain this to your satisfaction.

Would you agree that public services and projects have an intrinsic value?

"But let’s not forget that federal fiscal policy is a two-way street. Washington collects tax revenues in order to spend it to benefit people. And to one extent or another we all get some benefits from government, even if we may not perceive those benefits or want them.
http://taxfoundation.org/blog/60-percent...-pay-taxes

It’s not a tit for tat, in other words the benefits you and everyone else receives from living in this country isn’t measured ONLY in dollars you are refunded at the end of the year.

The list is long and includes everything from funding the Department of Children and Families, Department of Transportation, Social Security to the Department of Defense. You do realize that all these cost money don’t you? (See bolded above).

There is a benefit in pooling resources from the citizens of the nation to fund for PUBLIC enterprises. Whether you think you are getting you’re money’s worth is a different matter and RELATIVE.

I have met many people like you, always complaining about how much they have to pay the Federal Government while waving the American flag over their lawn (here I apologize to all you non-‘Murikans). It’s not all about you Birdguy1979. If you really wanted the system to be “fair as you see it” why aren’t you complaining about how much the top quintiles have to pay?

Your view on this topic is myopic.

The mega rich will never pay what they are supposed to. So what? As I said, at least they pay something. The people I am really angry at are the ones that pay nothing and still get money because they have managed to fart out a few kids and expect others to pay for them. My attitude toward those wastes is not going to change.
18-06-2016, 10:24 AM
(17-06-2016 05:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Thank you Girly. Really liking this guy, what a wonderful song. It belongs everywhere
18-06-2016, 10:59 AM
(18-06-2016 07:06 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Did you not read? I get nothing back at the end of the year. I owe.

W-4s aren't that hard to set up. If you're having to pay more at the end of the year, you're taking too many exemptions up-front.

Go to your boss and have him or her give you a new W-4 to complete. Take one exemption for yourself, and one for each child you have.

Wait until after the lunch rush, though ... those french fries won't cook themselves.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
18-06-2016, 11:03 AM
(18-06-2016 10:03 AM)julep Wrote:  
(18-06-2016 05:50 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  It does not matter. When I have money deducted out of every paycheck and still at the end of the year owe the IRS a few grand, I am paying more than I can afford while others pay nothing and even get paid for doing nothing but breeding out of my taxes. It needs to fucking stop.

Well, if you're owing thousands to the IRS every year at tax time, you have your withholding or estimated tax payments set up wrong, or you have an awful accountant.

Oh, and I'm a child of one of those leeches you despise, here to report! My family qualified for federally funded reduced-fee school lunches when I was a kid, even though my father worked more than full-time, about 60+ hours a week. Using those lunch tickets did not fill me with ambition to lay around and breed. Frankly, after paying with them a couple of times and getting nasty looks and comments from assholes like you, they didn't even fill my stomach with food, as I started skipping lunch instead. Basically, all that program did for me was lower my IQ a bit in the afternoons...

Hug that's the kind of shit that breaks my heart.

Today they can't tell who gets free or reduced lunch at my kid's school. They have a PIN number they have enter for lunch.

There was a news story a few years ago, where a child's account wasn't paid in a while and the employee humiliated the child by taking the food and throwing it intro the trash in front of the first grader and all the classes eating lunch.

I just brought a bunch of food stuff to a neighbor (they're going through a super hard time right now) so their kids can eat lunch -- because schools out and I know they get free lunch. Instead of saying, "let me know if I can help" I just asked if their kids ate certain things and kept mental notes.

In a couple weeks I'm pretty sure the district will have the summer lunch program.

It's a wonderful idea since its sometimes the most food the kid gets.
[+] 9 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
18-06-2016, 11:29 AM
(18-06-2016 11:03 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(18-06-2016 10:03 AM)julep Wrote:  Well, if you're owing thousands to the IRS every year at tax time, you have your withholding or estimated tax payments set up wrong, or you have an awful accountant.

Today they can't tell who gets free or reduced lunch at my kid's school. They have a PIN number they have enter for lunch.

There was a news story a few years ago, where a child's account wasn't paid in a while and the employee humiliated the child by taking the food and throwing it intro the trash in front of the first grader and all the classes eating lunch.

I just brought a bunch of food stuff to a neighbor (they're going through a super hard time right now) so their kids can eat lunch -- because schools out and I know they get free lunch. Instead of saying, "let me know if I can help" I just asked if their kids ate certain things and kept mental notes.

In a couple weeks I'm pretty sure the district will have the summer lunch program.

The most and the best nutrition I would add. You are the village, Moms.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
18-06-2016, 02:05 PM
(18-06-2016 10:14 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  The mega rich will never pay what they are supposed to.

You just can’t decide who you’re pissed off at can you? It’s the leeches on the one hand and the mega-rich on the other.

(18-06-2016 10:14 AM)‘Birdguy1979 Wrote:  The people I am really angry at are the ones that pay nothing and still get money because they have managed to fart out a few kids and expect others to pay for them. My attitude toward those wastes is not going to change.

So you have a beef with 1 out every 4 Americans on one end and are pissed off at another 1 of 4 on the other end. I see.

Did I tell you that your view on this topic is myopic?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
18-06-2016, 06:15 PM
(18-06-2016 11:03 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(18-06-2016 10:03 AM)julep Wrote:  Well, if you're owing thousands to the IRS every year at tax time, you have your withholding or estimated tax payments set up wrong, or you have an awful accountant.

Bolding mine. I "liked" your post for the nice thing you did, but that kind of employee should only be mopping floors somewhere for his/her money, and not "serving" children lunch. I was every bit that poor when I was a kid, but there is no way my dad would have allowed for food stamps or any other "charity". We got some of our food from the dumpsters behind the local supermarkets. But my dad never knew that; we were forbidden to say anything about it, ever. I think I mentioned this one other time, here. So that's been inside for over 50 years.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
18-06-2016, 07:13 PM
(18-06-2016 06:15 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(18-06-2016 11:03 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Hug that's the kind of shit that breaks my heart.

Bolding mine. I "liked" your post for the nice thing you did, but that kind of employee should only be mopping floors somewhere for his/her money, and not "serving" children lunch. I was every bit that poor when I was a kid, but there is no way my dad would have allowed for food stamps or any other "charity". We got some of our food from the dumpsters behind the local supermarkets. But my dad never knew that; we were forbidden to say anything about it, ever. I think I mentioned this one other time, here. So that's been inside for over 50 years.

I have been known to eat from the dumpster when I put myself through school.

Later (3 decades later) we made a deal with the local supermarket and picked up everything the produce dept threw out twice a week. For the pigs. But they throw out so much perfect stuff just because a new shipment has arrived, we ate lots of veggies and fruit, too. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
18-06-2016, 07:34 PM
(18-06-2016 07:31 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(18-06-2016 07:06 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Did you not read? I get nothing back at the end of the year. I owe. How exactly am I getting more than I realize?

OK. Let me see if I can explain this to your satisfaction.

Would you agree that public services and projects have an intrinsic value?

"But let’s not forget that federal fiscal policy is a two-way street. Washington collects tax revenues in order to spend it to benefit people. And to one extent or another we all get some benefits from government, even if we may not perceive those benefits or want them.
http://taxfoundation.org/blog/60-percent...-pay-taxes

It’s not a tit for tat, in other words the benefits you and everyone else receives from living in this country isn’t measured ONLY in dollars you are refunded at the end of the year.

The list is long and includes everything from funding the Department of Children and Families, Department of Transportation, Social Security to the Department of Defense. You do realize that all these cost money don’t you? (See bolded above).

There is a benefit in pooling resources from the citizens of the nation to fund the PUBLIC enterprises. Whether you think you are getting you’re money’s worth is a different matter and RELATIVE.

I have met many people like you, always complaining about how much they have to pay the Federal Government while waving the American flag over their lawn (here I apologize to all you non-‘Murikans). It’s not all about you Birdguy1979. If you really wanted the system to be “fair as you see it” why aren’t you complaining about how much the top quintiles have to pay?

Your view on this topic is myopic.
I call bullshit on these phony charts. People who earn and are paid $45,000 per year do not get any child support payments, nor free school lunches nor any of the things on the lsit on the link. Pure Bullshit.