Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
19-06-2016, 12:14 AM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(18-06-2016 07:34 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  I call bullshit on these phony charts. People who earn and are paid $45,000 per year do not get any child support payments, nor free school lunches nor any of the things on the lsit on the link. Pure Bullshit.

Well, child-support is not based on raw income, at least in California -- either paying or receiving. It is based on income disparity between the custodial and non-custodial parent. Even if the non-custodial parent makes less than the custodial parent (51% or more spent in household) the non-custodial parent will pay something based on his or her income. If the NC parent makes more than the custodial parent, he or she will pay more.

The amount is not determined by the parents, either, but by the state of California, in the venue of a county court in accordance with state laws.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-06-2016, 01:10 PM
(18-06-2016 07:06 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Did you not read? I get nothing back at the end of the year. I owe. How exactly am I getting more than I realize?

Whose fault is that? You want to blame that on the leeches instead of your ignorance of how to properly prepare your W-4? I sure as shit hope you use TurboTax or some other tax software because you are clearly not capable of preparing your own return.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
19-06-2016, 02:47 PM
(18-06-2016 07:34 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  
(18-06-2016 07:31 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  OK. Let me see if I can explain this to your satisfaction.

Would you agree that public services and projects have an intrinsic value?

"But let’s not forget that federal fiscal policy is a two-way street. Washington collects tax revenues in order to spend it to benefit people. And to one extent or another we all get some benefits from government, even if we may not perceive those benefits or want them.
http://taxfoundation.org/blog/60-percent...-pay-taxes

It’s not a tit for tat, in other words the benefits you and everyone else receives from living in this country isn’t measured ONLY in dollars you are refunded at the end of the year.

The list is long and includes everything from funding the Department of Children and Families, Department of Transportation, Social Security to the Department of Defense. You do realize that all these cost money don’t you? (See bolded above).

There is a benefit in pooling resources from the citizens of the nation to fund the PUBLIC enterprises. Whether you think you are getting you’re money’s worth is a different matter and RELATIVE.

I have met many people like you, always complaining about how much they have to pay the Federal Government while waving the American flag over their lawn (here I apologize to all you non-‘Murikans). It’s not all about you Birdguy1979. If you really wanted the system to be “fair as you see it” why aren’t you complaining about how much the top quintiles have to pay?

Your view on this topic is myopic.
I call bullshit on these phony charts. People who earn and are paid $45,000 per year do not get any child support payments, nor free school lunches nor any of the things on the lsit on the link. Pure Bullshit.

Sigh.

I suppose that people who make $45,000 don't enjoy the benefits of public roads, public works, National Parks, National defense, Social Security etc?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
20-06-2016, 05:44 AM
(18-06-2016 10:59 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(18-06-2016 07:06 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Did you not read? I get nothing back at the end of the year. I owe.

W-4s aren't that hard to set up. If you're having to pay more at the end of the year, you're taking too many exemptions up-front.

Go to your boss and have him or her give you a new W-4 to complete. Take one exemption for yourself, and one for each child you have.

Wait until after the lunch rush, though ... those french fries won't cook themselves.

I do not flip burgers for a living. I am not only claiming 0 exemptions, but also contribute an extra $45 per paycheck. My wife is an independent contractor and we need every penny she brings in. So, yes I pay my fair share plus some. I am extremely tired of others not pulling their own weight.
20-06-2016, 07:25 AM
(18-06-2016 10:14 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  The mega rich will never pay what they are supposed to.

?????

Have you even read any of Full Circle's posts? Yes, there are a few rich people and corporations who manage to pay very little in taxes, due to some loophole or other, and you should rightfully be angry at those people. But in general, the "mega-rich" pay more taxes than you do, both as a total amount and as a percentage. That was Full Circle's basic point. They are getting basically the same benefits from government that you are, but paying a whole lot more for it. And you think they're not "paying what they're supposed to"? Do you even logic?
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
20-06-2016, 08:14 AM
(20-06-2016 05:44 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(18-06-2016 10:59 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  W-4s aren't that hard to set up. If you're having to pay more at the end of the year, you're taking too many exemptions up-front.

Go to your boss and have him or her give you a new W-4 to complete. Take one exemption for yourself, and one for each child you have.

Wait until after the lunch rush, though ... those french fries won't cook themselves.

I do not flip burgers for a living. I am not only claiming 0 exemptions, but also contribute an extra $45 per paycheck. My wife is an independent contractor and we need every penny she brings in. So, yes I pay my fair share plus some. I am extremely tired of others not pulling their own weight.

If your wife isn't paying estimated taxes quarterly, that's where the extra you owe is coming from. (Obviously.) Sounds like you are not being assessed anything over your fair share as a couple, you're just choosing as a couple to pay taxes on her income annually instead of quarterly.

Your taxes are not being assessed at some inordinately high amount, you just have chosen to structure them in a way that benefits you. Then when it's time for you to pay the taxes on her income, which you have been enjoying tax-free for a whole year, you bitch.
[+] 6 users Like julep's post
20-06-2016, 08:20 AM
(20-06-2016 08:14 AM)julep Wrote:  
(20-06-2016 05:44 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I do not flip burgers for a living. I am not only claiming 0 exemptions, but also contribute an extra $45 per paycheck. My wife is an independent contractor and we need every penny she brings in. So, yes I pay my fair share plus some. I am extremely tired of others not pulling their own weight.

If your wife isn't paying estimated taxes quarterly, that's where the extra you owe is coming from. (Obviously.) Sounds like you are not being assessed anything over your fair share as a couple, you're just choosing as a couple to pay taxes on her income annually instead of quarterly.

Your taxes are not being assessed at some inordinately high amount, you just have chosen to structure them in a way that benefits you. Then when it's time for you to pay the taxes on her income, which you have been enjoying tax-free for a whole year, you bitch.

I'm tempted to read the final "bitch" as a noun rather than a verb, and when I do, I can't stop laughing. Sorry.

Laugh out load
[+] 4 users Like Grasshopper's post
20-06-2016, 09:02 AM
(20-06-2016 08:14 AM)julep Wrote:  ... when it's time for you to pay the taxes ... you bitch ...

I think this captures the essence; all the rest is superfluous hand waving.
[+] 1 user Likes Airportkid's post
20-06-2016, 09:12 AM
(20-06-2016 07:25 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(18-06-2016 10:14 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  The mega rich will never pay what they are supposed to.

?????

Have you even read any of Full Circle's posts? Yes, there are a few rich people and corporations who manage to pay very little in taxes, due to some loophole or other, and you should rightfully be angry at those people. But in general, the "mega-rich" pay more taxes than you do, both as a total amount and as a percentage. That was Full Circle's basic point. They are getting basically the same benefits from government that you are, but paying a whole lot more for it. And you think they're not "paying what they're supposed to"? Do you even logic?

There are many mega rich people that use tax shelters to avoid paying what they are by law supposed to pay. As I said, I am not as angry at them because they do at least pay something. The ones I am really pissed at are those that pay nothing and collect money out of the taxes we pay. Their contribution is nothing and that should not be allowed.
20-06-2016, 09:27 AM
(20-06-2016 09:12 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  The ones I am really pissed at are those that pay nothing and collect money out of the taxes we pay. Their contribution is nothing and that should not be allowed.

Why do you suppose poor people are poor, Birdie? Do you know how much profit there is to be made by exploiting poor people? Yet you'd like to lock them into that state forever, with no hope of escape.

The state does not exist just for you who pay taxes, it exists as a social construction for all who live in it to live cooperatively. How can you be angry with a criminal for stealing from you and murdering you, if you deny him access to the benefits of living in society?

You're an underachieving idiot who's desperate to blame someone else for your lack of talent. Just accept your fate and sell trailers for the rest of your miserable life.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.