Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
20-06-2016, 09:58 AM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(18-06-2016 06:15 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(18-06-2016 11:03 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Hug that's the kind of shit that breaks my heart.

Today they can't tell who gets free or reduced lunch at my kid's school. They have a PIN number they have enter for lunch.

There was a news story a few years ago, where a child's account wasn't paid in a while and the employee humiliated the child by taking the food and throwing it intro the trash in front of the first grader and all the classes eating lunch.

I just brought a bunch of food stuff to a neighbor (they're going through a super hard time right now) so their kids can eat lunch -- because schools out and I know they get free lunch. Instead of saying, "let me know if I can help" I just asked if their kids ate certain things and kept mental notes.

In a couple weeks I'm pretty sure the district will have the summer lunch program.

It's a wonderful idea since its sometimes the most food the kid gets.

Bolding mine. I "liked" your post for the nice thing you did, but that kind of employee should only be mopping floors somewhere for his/her money, and not "serving" children lunch. I was every bit that poor when I was a kid, but there is no way my dad would have allowed for food stamps or any other "charity". We got some of our food from the dumpsters behind the local supermarkets. But my dad never knew that; we were forbidden to say anything about it, ever. I think I mentioned this one other time, here. So that's been inside for over 50 years.

I am fairly certain the employee was fired for it. As they should be.

The whole not paying for lunch can be a huge issue for schools and the kid isn't to blame for that in the least.

But now if the balance runs negative the schools cut the child off from lunch. They used to give a sandwich or something...now they just go hungry.

That makes me sad and angry, because I don't believe any child should go hungry. Some people like Birdflu might think it's ok...I don't.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
20-06-2016, 10:18 AM
(20-06-2016 05:44 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I do not flip burgers for a living. I am not only claiming 0 exemptions, but also contribute an extra $45 per paycheck. My wife is an independent contractor and we need every penny she brings in. So, yes I pay my fair share plus some. I am extremely tired of others not pulling their own weight.

You're obviously not in a high bracket, or else you wouldn't be complaining about forty-five bucks -- but you claim zero exemptions and still pay out more at the end of the year? What's the extra $45 classified as on your payroll deductions?

Yeah, you're full of shit.
20-06-2016, 10:21 AM
Republicans Consider ‘Conscientious Objector’ Rule for Convention Delegates

Zeke J Miller
June 18, 2016

Quote:Members of the GOP Convention Rules committee are planning to consider an amendment to allow delegates a way out of voting for Trump on the first ballot—an effort that in an extreme could be used to deny him the nomination.

Under the proposal, delegates could be granted conscientious objector status, thereby freeing them from their pledge to vote as they are bound as the result of primaries and caucuses. The measure, first put forward by Colorado delegate Kendal Unruh, would undo the strict ‘faithless-delegate’ rule enacted at the GOP convention in 2012 and allow a “vote of conscience, whether personal or religious” by delegates.

“Allowable personal reasons shall include the public disclosure of one or more grievous acts of personal conduct by a nominee candidate, including but not limited to, criminally actionable acts, acts of moral turpitude or extreme prejudice, and/or notorious public statements of support for positions that clearly oppose or contradict the policies embodied in the Republican Party’s platform as established at the national convention,” the amendment says.

Nearly all convention delegates are bound under the current rules—at least on the first ballot—by the results of primaries and caucuses in their states and territories. At minimum the proposed amendment would free frustrated delegates from having to vote for Trump, and in the extreme could deny Trump the 1,237 delegates required to win the nomination—even on the first ballot.

Continues...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-06-2016, 10:27 AM
The Trump campaign is in disarray.
Lewandowski got fired this morning. There is no infrastructure in the states. That's how Obama won .. meticulous planning and management. Trump doesn't even know what that means. Can anyone say "landslide" ?

Big Grin

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
20-06-2016, 10:33 AM (This post was last modified: 20-06-2016 10:41 AM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
(20-06-2016 10:27 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The Trump campaign is in disarray.
Lewandowski got fired this morning. There is no infrastructure in the states. That's how Obama won .. meticulous planning and management. Trump doesn't even know what that means. Can anyone say "landslide" ?

Big Grin

But...

And this is a big butt...

If the republicans go against trump as I've suspected they would, they'll pick someone else and if that person is even a little more sane sounding republicans won't jump and vote democrat.

Right now, with trump in it...it seems many are willing to vote for Clinton and that is too worrisome to the republicans.

It isn't over for either side.

Edit, I've said it before Trump doesn't actually want to be president. He wants to run -- but...But he really doesn't want the office, because he can make more money if he's not elected, than if he fails as president. He's in this for publicity and it's a long con.

I predict that he'll make a fuss, because that's what he does and then feign a graceful side step for "the good of the party."

20-06-2016, 10:35 AM
(20-06-2016 09:27 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(20-06-2016 09:12 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  The ones I am really pissed at are those that pay nothing and collect money out of the taxes we pay. Their contribution is nothing and that should not be allowed.

Why do you suppose poor people are poor, Birdie? Do you know how much profit there is to be made by exploiting poor people? Yet you'd like to lock them into that state forever, with no hope of escape.

The state does not exist just for you who pay taxes, it exists as a social construction for all who live in it to live cooperatively. How can you be angry with a criminal for stealing from you and murdering you, if you deny him access to the benefits of living in society?

You're an underachieving idiot who's desperate to blame someone else for your lack of talent. Just accept your fate and sell trailers for the rest of your miserable life.

I can blame them for being an "Underachieving idiot", your words not mine. That has done nothing with their life but leach off others. It would be better if they work at a fast food place and pay no taxes on what they earn rather than do no work and leach off the system. Also, if the choice is give them free money that they do nothing for or they will go around stealing and killing. Why are we allowing them to live at all?
20-06-2016, 10:39 AM
(20-06-2016 10:33 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

Big Grin

But...

If the republicans go against trump as I've suspected they would, they'll pick someone else and if that person is even a little more sane sounding republicans won't jump and vote democrat.

Right now, with trump in it...it seems many are willing to vote for Clinton and that is too worrisome to the republicans.

Trump is arrogant enough to try to run third party. That would be helpful for reality.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-06-2016, 10:45 AM
(20-06-2016 10:39 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(20-06-2016 10:33 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  But...

Trump is arrogant enough to try to run third party. That would be helpful for reality.

Except he doesn't really want to be president. It's a game to him. He's been completely bombastic during this whole campaign alienating large swaths of republicans in the process.

He will make millions if he runs and failed to get the nomination. If he fails as president history will not be kind to him and he's pragmatic enough to know it.

20-06-2016, 10:55 AM
(20-06-2016 10:35 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(20-06-2016 09:27 AM)morondog Wrote:  Why do you suppose poor people are poor, Birdie? Do you know how much profit there is to be made by exploiting poor people? Yet you'd like to lock them into that state forever, with no hope of escape.

The state does not exist just for you who pay taxes, it exists as a social construction for all who live in it to live cooperatively. How can you be angry with a criminal for stealing from you and murdering you, if you deny him access to the benefits of living in society?

You're an underachieving idiot who's desperate to blame someone else for your lack of talent. Just accept your fate and sell trailers for the rest of your miserable life.

I can blame them for being an "Underachieving idiot", your words not mine. That has done nothing with their life but leach off others. It would be better if they work at a fast food place and pay no taxes on what they earn rather than do no work and leach off the system. Also, if the choice is give them free money that they do nothing for or they will go around stealing and killing. Why are we allowing them to live at all?

If their choice is to steal or kill and you are the one who forced them into that situation, don't be sad when it happens to you.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
20-06-2016, 11:00 AM
(20-06-2016 10:33 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

Big Grin

But...

Edit, I've said it before Trump doesn't actually want to be president. He wants to run -- but...But he really doesn't want the office, because he can make more money if he's not elected, than if he fails as president. He's in this for publicity and it's a long con.

I predict that he'll make a fuss, because that's what he does and then feign a graceful side step for "the good of the party."

Hadn't even thought that far ahead. But .. you may be right. This past weekend, Ryan (who won't "go against him" formally ... and BTW THAT is actually a big surprise to me, while I disagree with everything he stands for, at least I thought he was a person of integrity ... I was wrong), said he wouldn't tell other Republicans who to vote for. That's a politicians way of saying "I get it, and I hate him too". If Ryan were a man of principle, he would denounce him now.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post