Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
20-06-2016, 01:42 PM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(20-06-2016 11:54 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(20-06-2016 10:21 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Republicans Consider ‘Conscientious Objector’ Rule for Convention Delegates

Zeke J Miller
June 18, 2016

Continues...

Whoa! While I would hate to see Trump in office, this amendment is a huge disservice to everyone.
Why?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-06-2016, 01:46 PM
(20-06-2016 01:42 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(20-06-2016 11:54 AM)Dom Wrote:  Whoa! While I would hate to see Trump in office, this amendment is a huge disservice to everyone.
Why?

Quote:a “vote of conscience, whether personal or religious

So the people who are supposed to carry the votes of their local voters to the election are allowed to change them for religious reason?

Might as well cancel the elections.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
20-06-2016, 01:49 PM
(20-06-2016 01:37 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I think if the republicans had the balls to go against a little bit their party platform (especially with social issues) in other words a real centrist, they could easily win it. I don’t know if they have the balls to do that.

I don’t think they would ever stand up as a majority to shout down the extreme right minority within their party.

(20-06-2016 01:37 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  That clown car of guys that I guess god hand-picked aren't cutting it.

Bowing

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
20-06-2016, 03:32 PM
(20-06-2016 01:37 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(20-06-2016 12:17 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I don't think it is. Lets say they let Trump run and it is the catastrophic disaster that the polls show it now. Next election they can point back on this and say "We ran your guy and he failed" and try and push a more centrist to run against Clinton.

I think if the republicans had the balls to go against a little bit their party platform (especially with social issues) in other words a real centrist, they could easily win it. I don't know if they have the balls to do that.

That clown car of guys that I guess god hand-picked aren't cutting it.

For example the drug issue, the Dems seem to want to sit on their hands the GOP could make it a big government issue. That would get them both the youth and minority vote.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
21-06-2016, 05:59 AM
Might as well just vote for the robot (Clinton). It all goes to show that what the people want and vote for has meant nothing for a very long time.
21-06-2016, 06:02 AM
(20-06-2016 01:46 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(20-06-2016 01:42 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Why?

Quote:a “vote of conscience, whether personal or religious

So the people who are supposed to carry the votes of their local voters to the election are allowed to change them for religious reason?

If this is going to be allowed, I think we will see Cruz get the nomination. Congrats, looks like the liberals here are going to get their wish.
21-06-2016, 06:13 AM
(21-06-2016 06:02 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(20-06-2016 01:46 PM)Dom Wrote:  So the people who are supposed to carry the votes of their local voters to the election are allowed to change them for religious reason?

If this is going to be allowed, I think we will see Cruz get the nomination. Congrats, looks like the liberals here are going to get their wish.

What wish is that? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
21-06-2016, 06:14 AM
(21-06-2016 05:59 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Might as well just vote for the robot (Clinton). It all goes to show that what the people want and vote for has meant nothing for a very long time.

You do realize that Trump did not garner the majority of Republican voters, just primary delegates.

The will of the people was not at all clear.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
21-06-2016, 10:23 AM
Trump has funneled over 6 million in campaign funds back into his companies, so all of you out there that support this billionaire, keep giving till it hurts.

"Through the end of May, Trump's campaign had plunged at least $6.2 million back into Trump corporate products and services, a review of Federal Election Commission filings shows. That’s about 10 percent of his total campaign expenditures."

Doesn’t that just piss you off? I bet you thought he was going to take care of the little guy, no one thought he meant his son.

"Even $4.7 million the campaign has spent on hats and T-shirts has a tie to Trump. The provider, Ace Specialties, is owned by a board member of son Eric Trump’s charitable foundation."

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/9f7412236...rmedbroker

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
21-06-2016, 10:30 AM
(21-06-2016 10:23 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Trump has funneled over 6 million in campaign funds back into his companies, so all of you out there that support this billionaire, keep giving till it hurts.

"Through the end of May, Trump's campaign had plunged at least $6.2 million back into Trump corporate products and services, a review of Federal Election Commission filings shows. That’s about 10 percent of his total campaign expenditures."

Doesn’t that just piss you off? I bet you thought he was going to take care of the little guy, no one thought he meant his son.

"Even $4.7 million the campaign has spent on hats and T-shirts has a tie to Trump. The provider, Ace Specialties, is owned by a board member of son Eric Trump’s charitable foundation."

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/9f7412236...rmedbroker

I have not given him a cent. I am going to be voting for him though.