Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
25-07-2016, 03:47 PM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(25-07-2016 03:25 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Washington Post editorial: Donald Trump 'a danger to the nation and the world' ...

...(snip)...

"He doesn't know what is in the nation's founding document. When asked by a member of Congress about article I, which enumerates congressional powers, the candidate responded: 'I am going to abide by the constitution whether it's No. 1, No. 2, No. 12, No. 9." "The charter has seven articles," the board wrote.

—25 July 2016, 9:42PM

That likely won't hurt him, though. Trump's supporters are generally as ignorant about stuff like this as he is. They won't even recognize his ignorance, and wouldn't care if they did. He's gonna make America great again, you know. Who cares about that constitution stuff?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
25-07-2016, 03:55 PM
(25-07-2016 02:43 PM)jojorumbles Wrote:  We're worried, largely because the DNC front runner was artificially put there and is not a viable candidate.

From the tone of this comment, I can only assume you're a butthurt Sanders supporter? At any rate, Clinton received nearly a thousand more delegates overall than Sanders—and 602 super-delegates versus Sanders with only 48.

These numbers speak for themselves—or are you claiming the (literal) democratic process has been corrupted in this scenario? And if you are claiming this, can you please cite references supporting it? And could you also please define what you mean by a "viable" candidate; do you consider Drumpf to be a more viable candidate—and Clinton less viable? Seriously?

I may be reading the intent of your comment incorrectly, but that seems to sum it up. Confused

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
25-07-2016, 04:18 PM
(25-07-2016 03:47 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  That likely won't hurt him, though. Trump's supporters are generally as ignorant about stuff like this as he is. They won't even recognize his ignorance, and wouldn't care if they did. He's gonna make America great again, you know. Who cares about that constitution stuff?

I'm a bit stymied for accurate info here in the boonies... Tongue

Do you know if there's been any polls run on the educational levels of attainment of Drumpf supporters versus Clinton supporters? Would it be fair to say that the Clinton camp is more likely to hold college degrees for example, or that the Drumpf camp is more likely to have only finished high school.

From my admittedly limited perspective on US politics, it'd seem more likely that the higher-educated voters would be more forgiving of a purported white-collar crime (as per HC) than of accepting the irrational lunacy of a glorified real-estate salesman and games show host (DT). The former has lived and worked her entire life in and around politics, and was also SoS for four years, whilst the latter has a big fat zero in political experience of any/all kinds.

I'm just getting the impression that all the dumbos would back Drumpf's overblown, crazy ranting, and delusional braggadocio, rather than a more moderate, educated approach—and without all his unabashed self-aggrandisement.

Maybe I could suggest this book for the confused Drumpf supporters? It's printed with a large font, and lots of pictures and white space to make it easier for them to (possibly) understand:

[Image: 61e9vZ9iKJL.jpg]

Tongue

25-07-2016, 04:21 PM
(25-07-2016 03:55 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(25-07-2016 02:43 PM)jojorumbles Wrote:  We're worried, largely because the DNC front runner was artificially put there and is not a viable candidate.

From the tone of this comment, I can only assume you're a butthurt Sanders supporter? At any rate, Clinton received nearly a thousand more delegates overall than Sanders—and 602 super-delegates versus Sanders with only 48.

These numbers speak for themselves—or are you claiming the (literal) democratic process has been corrupted in this scenario? And if you are claiming this, can you please cite references supporting it? And could you also please define what you mean by a "viable" candidate; do you consider Drumpf to be a more viable candidate—and Clinton less viable? Seriously?

I may be reading the intent of your comment incorrectly, but that seems to sum it up. Confused

I think Bernie supporters are saying that if the DNC didn't rig the thing, Bernie might have got more delegates in the end. But since the DNC was manipulating everything towards Hillary, Bernie didn't have a real chance.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post
25-07-2016, 04:28 PM
(25-07-2016 04:18 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(25-07-2016 03:47 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  That likely won't hurt him, though. Trump's supporters are generally as ignorant about stuff like this as he is. They won't even recognize his ignorance, and wouldn't care if they did. He's gonna make America great again, you know. Who cares about that constitution stuff?

I'm a bit stymied for accurate info here in the boonies... Tongue

Do you know if there's been any polls run on the educational levels of attainment of Drumpf supporters versus Clinton supporters? Would it be fair to say that the Clinton camp is more likely to hold college degrees for example, or that the Drumpf camp is more likely to have only finished high school.

From my admittedly limited perspective on US politics, it'd seem more likely that the higher-educated voters would be more forgiving of a purported white-collar crime (as per HC) than of accepting the irrational lunacy of a glorified real-estate salesman and games show host (DT). The former has lived and worked her entire life in and around politics, and was also SoS for four years, whilst the latter has a big fat zero in political experience of any/all kinds.

I'm just getting the impression that all the dumbos would back Drumpf's overblown, crazy ranting, and delusional braggadocio, rather than a more moderate, educated approach—and without all his unabashed self-aggrandisement.

Maybe I could suggest this book for the confused Drumpf supporters? It's printed with a large font, and lots of pictures and white space to make it easier for them to (possibly) understand:

[Image: 61e9vZ9iKJL.jpg]

Tongue

No poll at all, just one anecdote. My aunt who is 88 years old and white taught nursing at University level for decades and she is a devoted Trumpest. I on the other hand finished high school and attended one semester each of 3 different colleges without ever finishinhout a full year f higher education and wouldn't consider voting for him. I ran my business mostly by hiring illegal aliens for 28 years.
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post
25-07-2016, 05:18 PM
(25-07-2016 04:21 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I think Bernie supporters are saying that if the DNC didn't rig the thing, Bernie might have got more delegates in the end. But since the DNC was manipulating everything towards Hillary, Bernie didn't have a real chance.

I'm still confused; how exactly did they rig it?

BTW, do you think Bernie being 75 years of age may've deterred some potential supporters? After all, the war-mongering, partially deaf Ronnie Reagan was "only" 70 when he took office, and was suffering onset Alzheimer's at age 78 when he left office in 1989. Bernie would be 83 years of age at the (presumptive) end of his office; is that seen as an untenable risk by some?

25-07-2016, 05:31 PM
(25-07-2016 05:18 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(25-07-2016 04:21 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I think Bernie supporters are saying that if the DNC didn't rig the thing, Bernie might have got more delegates in the end. But since the DNC was manipulating everything towards Hillary, Bernie didn't have a real chance.

BTW, do you think Bernie being 75 years of age may've deterred some potential supporters? After all, the war-mongering, partially deaf Ronnie Reagan was "only" 70 when he took office, and was suffering onset Alzheimer's at age 78 when he left office in 1989. Bernie would be 83 years of age at the (presumptive) end of his office; is that seen as an untenable risk by some?

Read the leaked emails.

25-07-2016, 09:41 PM
Just checking in on this thread to see if ya'll are worrying yet, as you most definitely should be. Clinton is a terribly flawed candidate, and complacency will let Trump win.
25-07-2016, 11:33 PM
(25-07-2016 05:18 PM)SYZ Wrote:  

Here you go, a comprehensive list, by category, of the leaked DNC emails. With links to the wikileak pages.

http://theblacksphere.net/2016/07/wikile...-category/

26-07-2016, 12:11 AM
(25-07-2016 11:33 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(25-07-2016 05:18 PM)SYZ Wrote:  I'm still confused; how exactly did they rig it?

Here you go, a comprehensive list, by category, of the leaked DNC emails. With links to the wikileak pages.

http://theblacksphere.net/2016/07/wikile...-category/

I read it, with the exception of a few, it's politics. Anyone who doesn't think this shit happens on both sides is really dumb.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post