Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
08-03-2016, 08:17 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2016 08:43 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
Fucking Trump. Giving his speech in Florida, is such a fucking moron, he actually is talking about HIS golf resort, (as in advertising it) during his speech and talking about his businesses. I suppose he is trying to live down the Trump University fiasco. Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2016, 09:07 AM
Breaking news: Doctor Ben Carson just endorsed Trump for POTUS

Will his supporters switch over to Trump now? Hard to say, but March 15th would be a blowout if they do.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
11-03-2016, 12:42 PM
Not surprising. They have similar views on the pyramids.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
18-03-2016, 08:30 AM
I think we should worry about what Drumpf is doing regardless of whether he wins the presidency or not. Drumpf is setting a bad precedence because he is winning votes by inciting violence, creating a cult of personality, pushing for censorship, advocating war crimes and by appealing to fear, hate and prejudice.

Drumpf is legitimising neo-fascism in US politics. He is demonstrating that it works. He is making it a viable election strategy for future candidates. And because there have no been no negative consequences to Drumpf in doing this, future candidates can feel emboldened to take it even further.

The creep of fascism comes from the thin end of the wedge being struck in further each time. Each step is understandable and quickly becomes the norm with the step after next always seeming implausible.

It's not just one man that we have to worry about. When Drumpf loses, the supporters will still be there looking for the next candidate to come along and pick up where Drumpf left off.
[+] 7 users Like Mathilda's post
28-03-2016, 08:23 AM
I just noticed this article from one of my feeds...

The Trump Network Sought to Make People Rich, but Left Behind Disappointment.

The salespeople at Ideal Health were thrilled when they heard Donald Trump would become the new face of their company... They cried and looked at each other and said, we’re going to be millionaires!

Trump, whose presidential campaign is based in part on his reputation as a businessman, is well known for licensing his name to golf courses, hotels, clothing, wine and many other products. But in this case, he became involved in an industry that consumer advocates had long criticized as promising financial independence to sales recruits but rarely delivering it. Ideal Health had already faced complaints about its practices.

[W]hen Trump joined forces with Ideal Health, he was enthusiastic about its future... "This is going to be something that’s really amazing...".

Dr Lenny Izzo, who was one of the Trump Network’s top salespeople says that Trump could have saved Ideal Health from bankruptcy if he had stepped in … but he had no good reason to do that. Izzo, who also went bankrupt, said: "Could Trump have approached this differently? Absolutely. Could he have taken less fees, could he have stepped in and guided the company differently? According to Izzo, yes he could've, but instead walked away, sending hundreds of salespeople to the dole queue.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
28-03-2016, 02:43 PM
(18-03-2016 08:30 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  It's not just one man that we have to worry about. When Drumpf loses, the supporters will still be there looking for the next candidate to come along and pick up where Drumpf left off.

... Yup. And the world will probably have to have another bloodbath because some idiots can only appreciate the danger of this kind of thinking when it's physically demonstrated to them.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
28-03-2016, 03:02 PM
Nope. While it is likely a Dem will be in the White House, we cannot stop now. Polls always get closer to the election, and Hillary cannot have a bad gaff or bad debate. It is still ours to lose.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-03-2016, 03:07 PM
Somehow I can't see how anyone would consider a Hillary victory "a win"...........

As far as I'm concerned there's going to be one loser in the presidential election ---

The Public..............

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
28-03-2016, 03:52 PM
(28-03-2016 03:07 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  As far as I'm concerned there's going to be one loser in the presidential election ---

The Public..............

It's earned it.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
28-03-2016, 03:57 PM
(18-03-2016 08:30 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I think we should worry about what Drumpf is doing regardless of whether he wins the presidency or not. Drumpf is setting a bad precedence because he is winning votes by inciting violence, creating a cult of personality, pushing for censorship, advocating war crimes and by appealing to fear, hate and prejudice.

Drumpf is legitimising neo-fascism in US politics. He is demonstrating that it works. He is making it a viable election strategy for future candidates. And because there have no been no negative consequences to Drumpf in doing this, future candidates can feel emboldened to take it even further.

The creep of fascism comes from the thin end of the wedge being struck in further each time. Each step is understandable and quickly becomes the norm with the step after next always seeming implausible.

It's not just one man that we have to worry about. When Drumpf loses, the supporters will still be there looking for the next candidate to come along and pick up where Drumpf left off.

Well just like Reagan's deregulation and trickle up, we took the first blow, got used to it, and that allowed the top to boil the lobster slowly.

Many in both parties say we should not be using "godwin's law", but for the reasons you just said, this is how it starts, and one person isn't always the one who pushes everyone over the cliff, all they have to be is the first domino.

But this even goes back further than Trump. Fox News has been demonizing the left and minorities for 20 years now. And the GOP started really pouring on the gas the November of Obama's first election before he took office. Trump simply lit the fuse they created.

It really should be taken seriously. Drumpf may be fine as a Jerry Springer WWE host, but his kind of rhetoric is toxic to political pluralism and the concept of peaceful transfer of power. And like you said, even if he fails, which I think he will, we still would not want the next crop using the same tactics.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post