Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
28-07-2016, 06:06 AM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
This is the first time I clicked on this thread in months. I'm chiming in now because I think the time has come to start seriously worrying about a Trump victory. I think he can win. And, I think he likely will win. These latest revelations with the DNC e-mail links may tank her for good. First, I think a lot of Sanders supporters who were going to suck it up and vote for her may now change their minds. The horrible way the DNC treated them and their candidate may keep them away permanently. And, then there is the possibility that a number of laws may have been broken. There are claims of fraud, money laundering, and violations of Federal Election laws. All that has to be sorted out and, lucky Hillary!, it will be sorted out during the next few months while she is running for President. That's going to be some serious good press for her. further cementing the view that she is corrupt (and, for the record, I think she is). If the Republicans had managed to get anyone else through the primary, with the possible exception of Ted Cruz, there is no way she would stand a chance in this thing. It would be over already. The only reason she's still in it is because her opponent is Fuckface von Clownstick. And, given all her problems, I no longer think that is going to matter.

Trevor Noah of The Daily Show had a really good point about this the other day. With her, you get what will probably be a bad president. America has survived bad presidents before and can survive another one. With him you get ...... there is just no way to answer that question, but the indications are not promising. He's a dumpster fire. And, the likelihood that he's going to suddenly become presidential or, more importantly, listening to people who know what they are talking about seems pretty low. He can't help himself. He flies by the seat of his pants, he knows nothing about policy, and you can fully expect absolutely nothing to get done for 4 years, except he will appoint at least 1, and possibly up to 3, Supreme Court justices.

I think Hillary is corrupt as hell and not the least bit trustworthy. But, she is mostly predictable. The one thing about her that really scares the shit out of me is she seems very likely to get us into a shooting war. He may be too, impossible to say as there is insufficient information. Given how thin skinned he is, I wouldn't put it past him. But, she has a record of being bloodthirsty. Otherwise, you pretty much know what you're going to get: a society that continues to favor the rich, strangles the middle class, throws peanuts to the poor, does nothing to stop the white collar crimes of the financial industry that screw all of us out of money, social liberalism that does at least protect gays and women's rights (her one actual plus --- unless those things become too unpopular again and then watch how fast she changes her mind) and a violent, interventionist foreign policy that makes Americans less safe. So, basically an extension of Obama and (with the exception of gay and women's rights) Bush.

With him, I have no idea. It changes daily. Hourly. And, he doesn't seem to care if he knows what he's talking about. Lucky for him, most of his supporters don't care either.

It's not over yet. The debates are coming and I think those will matter but I'm starting to resolve myself to the fact that this douchebag is going to win. I loathe her, I really do. But, he' worse.

All this said, I'm still not inclined to vote for her. Maybe I'll scare myself into it between now and November, but I don't think so.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like BnW's post
28-07-2016, 06:18 AM
(28-07-2016 06:06 AM)BnW Wrote:  This is the first time I clicked on this thread in months. I'm chiming in now because I think the time has come to start seriously worrying about a Trump victory. I think he can win. And, I think he likely will win. These latest revelations with the DNC e-mail links may tank her for good. First, I think a lot of Sanders supporters who were going to suck it up and vote for her may now change their minds. The horrible way the DNC treated them and their candidate may keep them away permanently. And, then there is the possibility that a number of laws may have been broken. There are claims of fraud, money laundering, and violations of Federal Election laws. All that has to be sorted out and, lucky Hillary!, it will be sorted out during the next few months while she is running for President. That's going to be some serious good press for her. further cementing the view that she is corrupt (and, for the record, I think she is). If the Republicans had managed to get anyone else through the primary, with the possible exception of Ted Cruz, there is no way she would stand a chance in this thing. It would be over already. The only reason she's still in it is because her opponent is Fuckface von Clownstick. And, given all her problems, I no longer think that is going to matter.

Trevor Noah of The Daily Show had a really good point about this the other day. With her, you get what will probably be a bad president. America has survived bad presidents before and can survive another one. With him you get ...... there is just no way to answer that question, but the indications are not promising. He's a dumpster fire. And, the likelihood that he's going to suddenly become presidential or, more importantly, listening to people who know what they are talking about seems pretty low. He can't help himself. He flies by the seat of his pants, he knows nothing about policy, and you can fully expect absolutely nothing to get done for 4 years, except he will appoint at least 1, and possibly up to 3, Supreme Court justices.

I think Hillary is corrupt as hell and not the least bit trustworthy. But, she is mostly predictable. The one thing about her that really scares the shit out of me is she seems very likely to get us into a shooting war. He may be too, impossible to say as there is insufficient information. Given how thin skinned he is, I wouldn't put it past him. But, she has a record of being bloodthirsty. Otherwise, you pretty much know what you're going to get: a society that continues to favor the rich, strangles the middle class, throws peanuts to the poor, does nothing to stop the white collar crimes of the financial industry that screw all of us out of money, social liberalism that does at least protect gays and women's rights (her one actual plus --- unless those things become too unpopular again and then watch how fast she changes her mind) and a violent, interventionist foreign policy that makes Americans less safe. So, basically an extension of Obama and (with the exception of gay and women's rights) Bush.

With him, I have no idea. It changes daily. Hourly. And, he doesn't seem to care if he knows what he's talking about. Lucky for him, most of his supporters don't care either.

It's not over yet. The debates are coming and I think those will matter but I'm starting to resolve myself to the fact that this douchebag is going to win. I loathe her, I really do. But, he' worse.

All this said, I'm still not inclined to vote for her. Maybe I'll scare myself into it between now and November, but I don't think so.

I could not have said it better. I really hate Clinton. I am voting for Trump. Not because he is the lesser of two evils. He is an unknown factor. He could be the best president we have had in a very long time or the worst. He could also be nothing special, but not bad. With Hillary, I know she is evil. It is not a roll of the dice with her. Vote her in and she will sell us all down the river. I don't like either, because of how they got rich. Trump did have to screw some people over to get there. Hillary has screwed everyone in one way or another to get ahead.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
28-07-2016, 06:31 AM
(28-07-2016 06:18 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  He could be the best president we have had in a very long time or the worst.

I wouldn't bet on him being the best. I think it is far more likely he is going to be the worst. And, if you are voting for Trump, I think you missed my point.

Predicting the future is impossible, but one thing you can count on: if he wins then, in the short term at least, the financial markets are going to be in turmoil. Things are going to go way, way down. If you are close to retirement, a Trump victory is not going to help you at all.

Large corporate interests and Wall Street are pretty good at sniffing out what is in their best interest, and they do not want him to win. They overwhelmingly back her. It's impossible to say what the economic impact of 4 years of Trump will be, but the immediate impact will be similar to what Brexit did to global markets. The world is starting to bounce back nicely, but the UK is still having some issues. Markets do not like uncertainty and he brings a lot of uncertainty. A lot.

28-07-2016, 06:35 AM
Btw, the one thing I am really looking forward to is the inevitable commercials about Trump's mafia ties. I can't believe it hasn't started already.

28-07-2016, 06:35 AM
(28-07-2016 06:31 AM)BnW Wrote:  
(28-07-2016 06:18 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  He could be the best president we have had in a very long time or the worst.

I wouldn't bet on him being the best. I think it is far more likely he is going to be the worst. And, if you are voting for Trump, I think you missed my point.

Predicting the future is impossible, but one thing you can count on: if he wins then, in the short term at least, the financial markets are going to be in turmoil. Things are going to go way, way down. If you are close to retirement, a Trump victory is not going to help you at all.

Large corporate interests and Wall Street are pretty good at sniffing out what is in their best interest, and they do not want him to win. They overwhelmingly back her. It's impossible to say what the economic impact of 4 years of Trump will be, but the immediate impact will be similar to what Brexit did to global markets. The world is starting to bounce back nicely, but the UK is still having some issues. Markets do not like uncertainty and he brings a lot of uncertainty. A lot.

I get your point. I am still voting Trump. The banks don't give a shit whom they hurt if it helps them obtain more money and power. It is time for us to start thinking about ourselves, not the rich.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
28-07-2016, 06:52 AM
I agree with your last point, but Trump doesn't give a shit about you. Of course, I doubt Hillary does either.

28-07-2016, 07:08 AM
(28-07-2016 06:06 AM)BnW Wrote:  This is the first time I clicked on this thread in months. I'm chiming in now because I think the time has come to start seriously worrying about a Trump victory. I think he can win. And, I think he likely will win. These latest revelations with the DNC e-mail links may tank her for good. First, I think a lot of Sanders supporters who were going to suck it up and vote for her may now change their minds. The horrible way the DNC treated them and their candidate may keep them away permanently. And, then there is the possibility that a number of laws may have been broken. There are claims of fraud, money laundering, and violations of Federal Election laws. All that has to be sorted out and, lucky Hillary!, it will be sorted out during the next few months while she is running for President. That's going to be some serious good press for her. further cementing the view that she is corrupt (and, for the record, I think she is). If the Republicans had managed to get anyone else through the primary, with the possible exception of Ted Cruz, there is no way she would stand a chance in this thing. It would be over already. The only reason she's still in it is because her opponent is Fuckface von Clownstick. And, given all her problems, I no longer think that is going to matter.

That`s an excellent summary. Best I`ve seen here by a mile.

Personally I would always go with the unknown rather the what I know is bad.

If I was a US citizen I probably wouldn`t vote , I don`t vote here either.
But if I had to vote.... If Trump was literally against anybody else ( within reason ) I would vote for that other person in a hart beat . But against Hillary....I don`t know, I simply couldn`t make myself to vote for her.

And, at least me and Trump have one thing in common...we both jerk off to his daughter.
Angel

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post
28-07-2016, 07:17 AM
That's why it's actually not LITERALLY a two candidate voting choice...

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
28-07-2016, 07:18 AM
(28-07-2016 07:08 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  And, at least me and Trump have one thing in common...we both jerk off to his daughter.
Angel

Gasp

Yuck

Btw, the allegation that he raped a 13 year old girl while hanging out with serial pedophile and keeper of teen sex slaves Jeffrey Epstein is still out there. That accusation I do not expect the Clinton team to make any noise about because Bill also hung out with Epstein and made trips to "orgy island" and has been accused of partaking in its underage delights.

I'm not prepared to paint Hillary with that brush because I've never seen any indication she knew anything about it, but, holy hell, I can't believe these are the people who are running for office. Bill Clinton was President of the United States. When Jimmy Carter left office, he got involved with building houses for the poor. When Bill Clinton left office, he hung out with a scumbag who kidnapped teenage girls and sold them for sex on his private island in the Caribbean. Trump knew the guy too.

I think I may vote for Gary Johnson.

Or Eddie Vedder. I just got my "Vedder for President" t-shirt. The slogan is "can't find a better man". I will wear that with pride.

[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
28-07-2016, 07:46 AM
(28-07-2016 07:18 AM)BnW Wrote:  
(28-07-2016 07:08 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  And, at least me and Trump have one thing in common...we both jerk off to his daughter.
Angel

Gasp

Yuck

Btw, the allegation that he raped a 13 year old girl while hanging out with serial pedophile and keeper of teen sex slaves Jeffrey Epstein is still out there. That accusation I do not expect the Clinton team to make any noise about because Bill also hung out with Epstein and made trips to "orgy island" and has been accused of partaking in its underage delights.

I'm not prepared to paint Hillary with that brush because I've never seen any indication she knew anything about it, but, holy hell, I can't believe these are the people who are running for office. Bill Clinton was President of the United States. When Jimmy Carter left office, he got involved with building houses for the poor. When Bill Clinton left office, he hung out with a scumbag who kidnapped teenage girls and sold them for sex on his private island in the Caribbean. Trump knew the guy too.

I think I may vote for Gary Johnson.

Or Eddie Vedder. I just got my "Vedder for President" t-shirt. The slogan is "can't find a better man". I will wear that with pride.

If Bill did have some part in sex with underage girls, Hillary knew about it. Hillary had no problem with and even laughed about getting a guilty guy that did just that off completely. They are both lawyers and all about damage control. I also speculate that she married him only to get into politics. I am not certain she is straight. I believe she just needed to look like she is family oriented in order to have a shot at being president.