Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
29-07-2016, 08:32 AM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(29-07-2016 06:46 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(29-07-2016 06:30 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  No she is not. Look up the big words on google before you use them improperly and look even more foolish than you already do.

I just don't understand you libs. She gets caught in lies again and again and you just seem to think she can do no wrong. I guess it will be after the country becomes an Islamic state that you will see she is crooked?

Most people don't live in the same black and white world that you live in. I'm a "lib", and I would never say that Clinton "can do no wrong". She can do, and has done, plenty of wrong. She's no saint, and I will vote for her reluctantly. But I will vote for her -- because the next President will be either Clinton or Trump, and Trump is much much worse. If you're going to demand someone who "can do no wrong", you'll never vote again. Such people don't exist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-07-2016, 08:37 AM
(29-07-2016 08:32 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(29-07-2016 06:46 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I just don't understand you libs. She gets caught in lies again and again and you just seem to think she can do no wrong. I guess it will be after the country becomes an Islamic state that you will see she is crooked?

Most people don't live in the same black and white world that you live in. I'm a "lib", and I would never say that Clinton "can do no wrong". She can do, and has done, plenty of wrong. She's no saint, and I will vote for her reluctantly. But I will vote for her -- because the next President will be either Clinton or Trump, and Trump is much much worse. If you're going to demand someone who "can do no wrong", you'll never vote again. Such people don't exist.

[Image: hillary-demon-comic.png]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
29-07-2016, 08:42 AM
(29-07-2016 08:37 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(29-07-2016 08:32 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Most people don't live in the same black and white world that you live in. I'm a "lib", and I would never say that Clinton "can do no wrong". She can do, and has done, plenty of wrong. She's no saint, and I will vote for her reluctantly. But I will vote for her -- because the next President will be either Clinton or Trump, and Trump is much much worse. If you're going to demand someone who "can do no wrong", you'll never vote again. Such people don't exist.

[Image: hillary-demon-comic.png]

I'm a pragmatist. One of them is going to win. "Choose your poison" is the only choice we're being given. Even if I refuse to vote, same outcome -- one of them is going to win. If I think one of them is a significantly lesser evil than the other (and I do), I'm morally obligated to vote for that lesser evil.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
29-07-2016, 01:23 PM
I understand your point. One of Clinton or Trump will win no matter what I do. And, I think she is probably the lesser evil.

I just can't bring myself to vote for someone on that premise. I won't criticize someone who does, but I feel there will never be real change if we always vote for the lesser evil. I'm just done playing ball.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
29-07-2016, 01:39 PM
(29-07-2016 01:23 PM)BnW Wrote:  I understand your point. One of Clinton or Trump will win no matter what I do. And, I think she is probably the lesser evil.

I just can't bring myself to vote for someone on that premise. I won't criticize someone who does, but I feel there will never be real change if we always vote for the lesser evil. I'm just done playing ball.

You should vote 3rd party, that is what I am doing.
[+] 1 user Likes Heywood Jahblome's post
29-07-2016, 02:14 PM
I most likely will. I'm leaning towards Johnson but may write in Vermin Supreme.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
29-07-2016, 02:18 PM
(29-07-2016 08:32 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(29-07-2016 06:46 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I just don't understand you libs. She gets caught in lies again and again and you just seem to think she can do no wrong. I guess it will be after the country becomes an Islamic state that you will see she is crooked?

Part of the rightwing mentality is the need for heroes. They don't realize that normal people don't have that need. We don't idolize Jimmy Carter, nor Bill Clinton, nor Obama, though they defend a couple of shrubs and a RayGun as infallible.
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post
29-07-2016, 07:32 PM
(28-07-2016 10:05 PM)BryanS Wrote:  
(28-07-2016 09:56 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  He's got three months of gaffes ahead of him, he's got a double-A management team playing against a very experienced campaign team, he's got major financing issues, running for a party the leadership of which largely refuses to endorse him, he's alienated women and minorities (and white males aren't turing 18 fast enough to make up that deficit!).

He won't win.

Agreed on the point about demographics being a problem for Trump. However the concern about finances does not account for Trump's ability to stay in the news cycle and get free media. Clinton has spent a truck load on ads against Trump (as have many others), and they are not moving his numbers.

Fair points you make, but as we get closer to Election Day I think we'll see more gaffes from Trump feeding more negative ads on Trump. At some point, bad publicity is bad publicity.
29-07-2016, 07:35 PM
(29-07-2016 02:18 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  Part of the rightwing mentality is the need for heroes. They don't realize that normal people don't have that need. We don't idolize Jimmy Carter, nor Bill Clinton, nor Obama, though they defend a couple of shrubs and a RayGun as infallible.

They are pussies. Chuck Norris is disappointed.

#sigh
29-07-2016, 07:37 PM
(29-07-2016 01:23 PM)BnW Wrote:  I understand your point. One of Clinton or Trump will win no matter what I do. And, I think she is probably the lesser evil.

Then please vote for the third party of your choice. Please? They need numbers in order to break the glass ceiling.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post