Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
30-07-2016, 03:46 AM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(30-07-2016 03:24 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(30-07-2016 02:54 AM)SYZ Wrote:  This claim is nonsensical...

Treason is defined as the crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill or overthrow the sovereign or government. Clinton is not guilty of either.

And in American jurisprudence, treason can only be committed against a "enemy", i.e. a nation at war with us. Birdbrain's full of shit ... as usual.

He's reading from the Trump playbook. It doesn't matter if what you say is true as long as you're angry. And I have a right to be angry god dammit because the world isn't as nice as it should be and I deserve more, much more. And the reason I don't have more is not because I'm a feckless idiot, it's because of those goddamn immigrants. Trump says so too, and I'm too goddamn overjoyed that he agrees with me to wonder whether maybe he's just saying that because he knows I'll vote for him if he does.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
30-07-2016, 06:18 AM
(30-07-2016 03:46 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(30-07-2016 03:24 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  And in American jurisprudence, treason can only be committed against a "enemy", i.e. a nation at war with us. Birdbrain's full of shit ... as usual.

He's reading from the Trump playbook. It doesn't matter if what you say is true as long as you're angry. And I have a right to be angry god dammit because the world isn't as nice as it should be and I deserve more, much more. And the reason I don't have more is not because I'm a feckless idiot, it's because of those goddamn immigrants. Trump says so too, and I'm too goddamn overjoyed that he agrees with me to wonder whether maybe he's just saying that because he knows I'll vote for him if he does.

I want to make that a bumper sticker. Laugh out load

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
30-07-2016, 06:22 AM
(29-07-2016 07:37 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Then please vote for the third party of your choice. Please? They need numbers in order to break the glass ceiling.

I voted 3rd party in 2 of the past 3 presidential elections. I don't consider it throwing my vote away.

I also generally vote against incumbents, although there are some exceptions to that.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
30-07-2016, 06:30 AM
(29-07-2016 02:14 PM)BnW Wrote:  I most likely will. I'm leaning towards Johnson but may write in Vermin Supreme.

The vote counters will only assume you mean Trump.

Big Grin

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
30-07-2016, 06:45 AM
(30-07-2016 06:18 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(30-07-2016 03:46 AM)morondog Wrote:  He's reading from the Trump playbook. It doesn't matter if what you say is true as long as you're angry. And I have a right to be angry god dammit because the world isn't as nice as it should be and I deserve more, much more. And the reason I don't have more is not because I'm a feckless idiot, it's because of those goddamn immigrants. Trump says so too, and I'm too goddamn overjoyed that he agrees with me to wonder whether maybe he's just saying that because he knows I'll vote for him if he does.

I want to make that a bumper sticker. Laugh out load

"It's all their fault"

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
30-07-2016, 05:03 PM
RABA research, who I've never heard of, has released the first post DNC poll. They have Clinton getting a huge bounce and showing 46% of likely voters voting Clinton as opposed to 31% voting Trump. I still think it's too early to draw conclusions, but 15%, if this poll has any validity, is a big lead.

I also saw some speculation in the press that Trump may refuse to debate. If that's true, then I think it is over and she wins.

We will see.

[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
30-07-2016, 05:23 PM
(30-07-2016 05:03 PM)BnW Wrote:  RABA research, who I've never heard of, has released the first post DNC poll. They have Clinton getting a huge bounce and showing 46% of likely voters voting Clinton as opposed to 31% voting Trump. I still think it's too early to draw conclusions, but 15%, if this poll has any validity, is a big lead.

I also saw some speculation in the press that Trump may refuse to debate. If that's true, then I think it is over and she wins.

We will see.

Not sure about that poll. Nate Silver tweeted he'd never heard of them until recently, yet their website says "Featured in media outlets such as NBC News, Politico and FiveThirtyEight.com."

That would be the biggest convention bounce ever. And looking at their previous poll, they had Clinton up over Trump after the RNC, and never showed trump gaining ground over the last 3 weeks like every other poll out there.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
30-07-2016, 05:39 PM
The only reason I posted that, even with the caveats I added, was because they referenced 538. If Silver disavowed them, then it's probably bullshit. Ok, ignore my post on the 15% and let's wait until someone credible puts a poll out.

Btw, and speaking of credible, did Trump have a stroke this weekend? WTF was he thinking going after that Muslim family who spoke at the DNC?

30-07-2016, 05:50 PM
(30-07-2016 05:39 PM)BnW Wrote:  The only reason I posted that, even with the caveats I added, was because they referenced 538. If Silver disavowed them, then it's probably bullshit. Ok, ignore my post on the 15% and let's wait until someone credible puts a poll out.

Btw, and speaking of credible, did Trump have a stroke this weekend? WTF was he thinking going after that Muslim family who spoke at the DNC?

He has been spitting on military people all weekend (being a 5 time draft dodger himself) between denigrating a Gold Star family and then calling retired Marine Gen. John Allen a "failed general".

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
30-07-2016, 05:57 PM
(29-07-2016 09:38 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  6 theories for why Donald Trump won’t release his tax returns
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-...x-returns/

I vote for the following.

"3. He did not pay any taxes. The scant evidence we have on Trump's approach to taxation gives this theory credence. A 1981 report by New Jersey gambling regulators showed that Trump did not pay any taxes at all for two years in the 1970s. How? Because as a developer he was able to report negative income.

5. He donates no — or very little — money to charity. Again, this is a theory with some meat on the bone. The Washington Post's David Fahrenthold had spent weeks contacting charities in hopes of tracking down the "millions" Trump says he has donated to various organizations over the past seven years. The total amount of charitable giving Fahrenthold found? $10,000.

6. He is not as rich as he says. Nailing down Trump's personal wealth is a massive challenge. He says $10 billion. Others say $3 billion. Still others insist he is worth far less than either number. Trump takes considerable personal pride in touting his net worth and using it as a blunt instrument to respond to any charge that he has ever failed in life. Tax returns are tough to fudge; they nail down exactly how much you make in a year. Just the raw numbers. It would be hard for Trump to argue his way out of a yearly salary that doesn’t befit a billionaire."

I think #6 is probably close, with such a fragile ego showing a small yearly income would be worse than having small hands. Smile

Tell us how hard it is to fudge a tax return. It is my belief that a good 80% of all tax returns are fudged.