Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
31-07-2016, 11:24 AM (This post was last modified: 31-07-2016 11:41 AM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(31-07-2016 11:12 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  I don't get this guy's message.

Vote for Hillary so she can send even more people to die in bullshit military interventions led under various false pretenses like my son did?

I think this is closer to the mark.

"Hillary Clinton was right when she called my son 'the best of America.'

If it was up to Donald Trump, he never would have been in America.

Donald Trump consistently smears the character of Muslims. He disrespects other minorities, women, judges, even his own party leadership. He vows to build walls and ban us from this country."

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
31-07-2016, 11:45 AM
(31-07-2016 11:24 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(31-07-2016 11:12 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  I don't get this guy's message.

Vote for Hillary so she can send even more people to die in bullshit military interventions led under various false pretenses like my son did?

I think this is closer to the mark.

"Hillary Clinton was right when she called my son "the best of America."

Donald Trump consistently smears the character of Muslims. He disrespects other minorities, women, judges, even his own party leadership. He vows to build walls and ban us from this country."

I understand him being against Trump, I don't understand him being for Hillary.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
31-07-2016, 11:57 AM (This post was last modified: 31-07-2016 02:37 PM by GirlyMan.)
(30-07-2016 10:29 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I imagine Kasich would be dominating Clinton in the polls right about now.

I'd vote for Kasich. I don't agree with him on many issues, but he is at least not an asshole and capable of getting shit done and knowing that compromise is the key ingredient to get shit done.. I work with a quite capable fundie who is a member of one of these Evangelical Megachurches. My evangelical colleague says her pastor said this (from memory and second hand so paraphrased obviously).

"I do not support or agree with many of President Obama's policies but I do know that he is a man of faith and principle. He is a decent man. Donald Trump is not a decent man. I will not support him." - some decent Evangelical Megachurch dude.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
31-07-2016, 12:37 PM
(31-07-2016 11:45 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(31-07-2016 11:24 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I think this is closer to the mark.

That's his business, isn't it?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
31-07-2016, 02:24 PM
(31-07-2016 11:45 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(31-07-2016 11:24 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I think this is closer to the mark.

What it comes down to is there are only two choices for us Americans in just over 90 days. Him or her. If we had a multiparty system like many parliamentarian democracies it would be different, but you vote for him or her or throw away your vote this November.
31-07-2016, 02:38 PM
(31-07-2016 01:40 AM)Dworkin Wrote:  Trump is not as strong as he seems, and can be defeated.

Hi,

A lot has been said in the media about strongman Trump. But, I have seen two occasions when he folded, and quickly.

The first was when Megyn Kelly questioned him on Trump university. Trump got into the weeds trying to defend his failure to refund unhappy customers. He was defensive and caught in the details that he obviously wasn't sure of.

It happened again recently when CNN published images of empty chairs at one of his rallies. Again Trump was on the ropes, trying to say that the chairs had not been empty but people had 'rushed to the front'. CNN had further images showing more empty chairs and few people at the front.

The way to deflate Trump is to get him into these defensive details on things that he has got wrong. Like a child, he tries to wriggle out and plays the victim, saying that the people questioning him are 'horrible'.

IMHO this is the Trump that we should see more of. Smile

D.

When he was a kid the dog probably ate his homework every week or so.
31-07-2016, 04:46 PM
If he continues to be himself, he will eventually alienate pretty much everyone. Consider

Except the bigots and the clueless, of course. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
31-07-2016, 04:47 PM
(31-07-2016 04:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  If he continues to be himself, he will eventually alienate pretty much everyone. Consider

Unfortunately, we do not suffer a lack of either.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
31-07-2016, 05:56 PM
(31-07-2016 04:47 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(31-07-2016 04:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  If he continues to be himself, he will eventually alienate pretty much everyone. Consider

Unfortunately, we do not suffer a lack of either.

Weeping

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
31-07-2016, 06:10 PM
Reuters is showing Clinton with a 6 point lead.

Given what a disaster he tends to be, normally I'd say that all she has to do now is take a knee. But, now you have Julian Asange saying he and his Wikileaks org have more Clinton/DNC mails and they plan to release them in October, I guess so she doesn't have time to recover from whatever is in them. Given that, I have no idea to handicap this thing. I do think that if Asange is trying to influence the outcome, waiting to October is going to backfire on him. If he dumps all this stuff close to the election, no one is going to care. She is going to dismiss and no one in the media is going to have time to really digest it or investigate it. If he really wants to hurt her, he should do it mid to late September.

I still can't believe one of these two disgusting individuals is going to get the keys to the White House next January.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 2 users Like BnW's post