Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
01-08-2016, 09:36 AM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(01-08-2016 07:25 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  No, the muslims are all about strict adherence to an ancient book. Exactly how the Christians and jews used to be, except now there is the potential of nuclear weapons getting involved. Those who don't comply with that ancient book, die in horrible ways.

Having lived as a Christian in an overwhelmingly Muslim country for over four years, I can state from personal experience that you are unequivocally wrong.

The pity is that you're far too blinded by your preconceptions to ever question them. Enjoy your self-persecution.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
01-08-2016, 10:48 AM
(01-08-2016 09:35 AM)Lucipurr Wrote:  
(01-08-2016 07:59 AM)adey67 Wrote:  This is true I'm from the UK and the no go areas are a myth

So am I.

Islam is a problem just like gang violence is. You can't just ignore it.

And that's just the point no one is ignoring or pandering to it Islam itself is not the main problem, (yes its doctrine sucks) it is some of the proponents of extreme Islam who are I'm sorry to disappoint you but some of the most kind and non judgmental people I have met are members of this faith who provide care and compassion to the sick within the NHS and on whom we owe a great debt of gratitude. Its fuckwits in the BNP EDL and UKIP we should be afraid of, as in shades of Nazi Germany, fuck them and anyone who supports them and fuck ISIL and Al Qaeda too (just incase you get your panties in a twist and go apoplectic)
[+] 3 users Like adey67's post
01-08-2016, 11:06 AM
(01-08-2016 09:35 AM)Lucipurr Wrote:  Islam is a problem just like gang violence is. You can't just ignore it.

I have many incredibly intelligent Muslim colleagues who don't give a shit that I'm an atheist. Islam is not the problem, ISIS is. As far as gang violence, I might've done a couple of tours with the Pagans in PG County back in the day. ISIS would not stand a chance.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
01-08-2016, 11:09 AM
Extremists are a problem no matter what flavor they are.

Doesn't make everyone of a similar background, color, religion, etc. a danger.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
01-08-2016, 12:18 PM
(01-08-2016 09:26 AM)whateverist Wrote:  
(01-08-2016 05:37 AM)BnW Wrote:  Trump is an absolute disaster of a human being but it's not like Hillary Clinton is leading us to some kind of prosperity. She's in bed with Wall Street and the policies of letting them do whatever they want without fear of ever being held criminally responsible is likely to continue

I'm pretty sure she is just running for president of the U.S., not its savior. What level of purity do you seek. Would you prefer that she run as the bane of banking? Should her platform announce armageddon for big business? I'd prefer to have a president who can talk with the business community. Using phrases like "in bed with" doesn't enlighten me one bit as to what it is you're afraid of. Are you looking for someone in sack cloth who denounces filthy lucre? I prefer a modern person but it sounds like you're looking for someone holier.

Not purity. Honesty, transparency and accountability is what I ask for. I don't need the policies of Bernie Sanders, but that level of integrity is a requirement. Her dealings with the financial services sector raises a lot of valid concerns, which she refuses to address. Her policies as Secretary of State that lead to the ousting of democratically elected governments through force with tacit US support, the use of force in Libya in contravention of international law, and the Obama administration's killing of a U.S. citizen without due process of law are all decisions and policies she advocated and advanced that don't sit well with me.

The bar I ask our elected officials to rise to is not that high, and our elected leaders have failed to reach it for 16 years (at least).

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
01-08-2016, 03:47 PM
(01-08-2016 12:18 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(01-08-2016 09:26 AM)whateverist Wrote:  I'm pretty sure she is just running for president of the U.S., not its savior. What level of purity do you seek. Would you prefer that she run as the bane of banking? Should her platform announce armageddon for big business? I'd prefer to have a president who can talk with the business community. Using phrases like "in bed with" doesn't enlighten me one bit as to what it is you're afraid of. Are you looking for someone in sack cloth who denounces filthy lucre? I prefer a modern person but it sounds like you're looking for someone holier.

Not purity. Honesty, transparency and accountability is what I ask for.

In politics?

Do you know what planet you're on? Which species you're a member of?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
01-08-2016, 04:14 PM
(01-08-2016 12:18 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(01-08-2016 09:26 AM)whateverist Wrote:  I'm pretty sure she is just running for president of the U.S., not its savior. What level of purity do you seek.

Not purity. Honesty, transparency and accountability is what I ask for. I don't need the policies of Bernie Sanders, but that level of integrity is a requirement. Her dealings with the financial services sector raises a lot of valid concerns, which she refuses to address. Her policies as Secretary of State that lead to the ousting of democratically elected governments through force with tacit US support, the use of force in Libya in contravention of international law, and the Obama administration's killing of a U.S. citizen without due process of law are all decisions and policies she advocated and advanced that don't sit well with me.

The bar I ask our elected officials to rise to is not that high, and our elected leaders have failed to reach it for 16 years (at least).

Politics attracts people who put a lot of effort into presenting an acceptable mask. The republicans have been working for a very long time to distort that mask. None of us knows her personally. But your impressions have been tampered with unceasingly by a republican party that knows how to mess with peoples minds through language.

I often hear that Hillary is more hawkish than most democrats. I assume she is working overtime to create the impression that she, as a woman, is tough enough for the job. As for the specific allegation about what went on in Libya while she was the secretary of state, I just don't know enough about that to agree or disagree with you. I don't know exactly what was done, on who's authority nor whether or not I would agree with the decision if I had all the intelligence available at that time.

I expect for the Scottish brat-nazi to cut to the chase on the level of her hero Trump. How dare anyone fail to rush to judgement?

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
02-08-2016, 12:30 AM
Hi,

A few words of sympathy for Mr Trump's wife. Some old photos of Melania have been published which Rush Limbaugh says will play well with the LGBT community.

I don't know about that, but it is hard to see this sitting comfortably with family values conservatives, if there are any of them left these days. What I do know is that Melania (whose website has now been removed from the internet) has been dragged into her husband's project and may well be privately regretting it.

D.
[+] 1 user Likes Dworkin's post
02-08-2016, 08:28 AM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2016 09:41 AM by Full Circle.)
As most of us here I’ve been reading article after article on the upcoming presidential election. Some have been good but the one I’m quoting here really gets to the heart of the matter; Trump is the symptom of the GOP’s real problems, problems that have been festering long before they decided to make Trump their standard-bearer.

I’m including some excerpts to avoid a tl;dr post, but I think it is well worth the time to read and contemplate. Most especially if you are a member or supporter of the GOP and can’t quite put your finger on how the party has come to this.

“Donald Trump And The Looming GOP Apocalypse”
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/richard-no...77336.html
by Richard North Patterson
Novelist and contributing opinion writer

“Trump is the expression, not the cause, of a fractiousness and incoherence too deep for one election to resolve.”

"And so the GOP faces an identity crisis. Its spineless establishment is hoping that Trump is a transient malady, like the flu — or, if not, that they can find a place in his brave new party. But their problems, ultimately, are not about Trump, but about what the party chooses to be.”

“The Trump model is based on fear — of terrorism, crime, and social and economic marginalization, all fueled by the sense among insecure whites that race in America is a zero-sum game.”

"Do they care about the country above all else, or are they so obsessed with hating Hillary Clinton that they are willing to place our future in the hands of a uniquely unqualified, dishonest and demented nominee?

"All these questions await them on the far side of 2016, and for years to come. Unless they can resolve them — all of them — honorably and well, fragmentation and extinction loom, a richly-deserved place in history’s trash bin.”

For a country that is composed of 99.9% immigrants (because let’s face it, unless you are a Native American you and your clan are the product of immigrants) fommenting divisiveness between ethnicities is as un-American as you can be. We are the great melting pot.

I have walked among the tombstones at Arlington Cemetery, the sur-names are as varied as the world we live in; Lowenstein, Boyington, Shalikashvili, Parks, Capt. Maria Mendez, Fujita, Boulassikis, Liu, Rickover and yes, Humayun Kahn.

http://www.arlingtoncemetery.mil/Explore

[Image: tumblr_inline_ob90mvwEvl1td5k0c_1280.jpg]

I didn’t notice any markings on the graves of party affiliation or designation of just how “American” each of the fallen had been. I only saw patriots.

I am the product of immigrants, I wasn’t even born on US soil, but I consider myself American to the marrow. I became, in the eyes of this nation, a citizen when I took an oath to protect and defend when I was 15. I may not have understood all the nuances that citizenship entailed then but I certainly do now. And in some small way that includes speaking out against demagogues and nominees to the highest office in the land that would turn us against one another because of our gender, religious or non-religious beliefs or our ethnic surname.

Mine isn’t Smith, but I bleed red, white and blue and I dare anyone say otherwise to my face.

*that certaily took an unexpected personal turn...

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
02-08-2016, 08:34 AM
(02-08-2016 12:30 AM)Dworkin Wrote:  Hi,

A few words of sympathy for Mr Trump's wife. Some old photos of Melania have been published which Rush Limbaugh says will play well with the LGBT community.

I don't know about that, but it is hard to see this sitting comfortably with family values conservatives, if there are any of them left these days. What I do know is that Melania (whose website has now been removed from the internet) has been dragged into her husband's project and may well be privately regretting it.

D.

You can peruse anything that has been taken offline using the Way back machine

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man