Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
02-08-2016, 08:37 AM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(02-08-2016 12:30 AM)Dworkin Wrote:  Hi,

A few words of sympathy for Mr Trump's wife. Some old photos of Melania have been published which Rush Limbaugh says will play well with the LGBT community.

I don't know about that, but it is hard to see this sitting comfortably with family values conservatives, if there are any of them left these days. What I do know is that Melania (whose website has now been removed from the internet) has been dragged into her husband's project and may well be privately regretting it.
I don't feel her any ill will, but she did join up with this guy willingly. A rich ass is still an ass.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2016, 09:46 AM

And so it begins. The Republican Party is split and if this trend continues (and after Donny's horrible weekend no reason to believe it won't) this election is going to get a whole lot less interesting. Even Donald is seeing the tea leaves and is preemptively claiming the system is "rigged" thus giving his fragile ego an out when he loses.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
02-08-2016, 03:35 PM
(02-08-2016 09:46 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Even Donald is seeing the tea leaves and is preemptively claiming the system is "rigged" thus giving his fragile ego an out when he loses.

Revenant,

You're not wrong.

D.
02-08-2016, 03:50 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2016 06:06 PM by Full Circle.)
(02-08-2016 09:46 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
And so it begins. The Republican Party is split and if this trend continues (and after Donny's horrible weekend no reason to believe it won't) this election is going to get a whole lot less interesting. Even Donald is seeing the tea leaves and is preemptively claiming the system is "rigged" thus giving his fragile ego an out when he loses.

His ego won’t allow him to perceive losing the election as the loss it is. He will prenounce that he “won” based on some bullshit mental gymnastics, say that the American voter is stupid, that the system rigged as you point out, that he still has his billions so he really didn’t care, that being president was just going to distract him from his real passion that of making money (at the cost of others Dodgy ), that his net worth has grown because of his run for the presidency and that was all he really cared about. That he will laugh all the way to the bank.

He is the embodiment (or disembodiment Big Grin ) of the Black Knight.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
03-08-2016, 05:54 AM
I have to disagree. I think he is going to get in. All the people I personally know in real life and all the people I deal with at work (customers and employees) are voting for Trump.
03-08-2016, 06:34 AM
(03-08-2016 05:54 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I have to disagree. I think he is going to get in. All the people I personally know in real life and all the people I deal with at work (customers and employees) are voting for Trump.

And this amount to what percentage of population eligible for voting? 0.001? Or even less?

Basing on people I've meet at University Poland should have gov which is dream of liberals and leftist. It isn't so. Basing on people I've met in work Poland should be theocracy attacking Russia with cavalry. Thankfully it ain't so. In other words personal experience means nothing at such scale.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
03-08-2016, 06:44 AM
(03-08-2016 06:34 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(03-08-2016 05:54 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I have to disagree. I think he is going to get in. All the people I personally know in real life and all the people I deal with at work (customers and employees) are voting for Trump.

And this amount to what percentage of population eligible for voting? 0.001? Or even less?

Basing on people I've meet at University Poland should have gov which is dream of liberals and leftist. It isn't so. Basing on people I've met in work Poland should be theocracy attacking Russia with cavalry. Thankfully it ain't so. In other words personal experience means nothing at such scale.

I am referring at active voters. The immigrants here that don't want Trump are not able to vote.
03-08-2016, 07:07 AM
Interesting that Trumps ghost writer has referred to him as a sociopath and feels so bad about making him appear really good that he is donating his share of the book royalties to charity. How people seriously can countenance this man having the nuclear codes is frankly bonkers insane.
03-08-2016, 07:12 AM
(03-08-2016 06:44 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I am referring at active voters. The immigrants here that don't want Trump are not able to vote.

I wasn't speaking about immigrants.

How many people that you met is going to vote for Trump? 100, 200, 1000 even? It means shit as it's abysmally low percentage of voters.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
03-08-2016, 07:56 AM
He is going to have a melt down. I just hope it is before the election and not after.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post