Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
03-08-2016, 10:07 AM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(03-08-2016 10:00 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  I don't think that they're going to keep the senate. I'm not even sure that they'll be able to hold on to offices in Bumfuck, Alabama.

Hey! My wife is from there, don’t be maligning Bumfuck. It is a beautiful little town where the most liberal of all joints, the local coffeehouse/bookstore plays FOX 24/7. Weeping

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
03-08-2016, 10:13 AM
(03-08-2016 10:04 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  The GOP has become obstructionist and not willing to find common ground is no way to govern. It is an untenable position and will most likely continue to hurt them. If Clinton becomes president they will have been out of the White House for twelve years and sixteen is not out of the question.

Demographics are against them and as long as they continue to wallow in the angry, white male trench they have dug for themselves they will become an afterthought. I can foresee a third party being born out of all of this that resembles what the GOP I grew up with was like, because whatever this thing is now it is unrecognizable as such.

Agree. They revere Reagan, but he couldn't get through their primary today. The GOP had turned into a total freak show, which is very unfortunate. This country needs a viable second party and we no longer have one. I miss people like Bob Dole, and even GH Bush. The son was a disaster, but the father had brains and sense.

Hopefully something better springs from the ashes.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
03-08-2016, 10:25 AM
I've read a couple articles today saying that the GOP and various Trump allies are working on coming up with a replacement for him in case he implodes and drops out before November. What do you think, could someone who didn't win the primaries win the GE? Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
03-08-2016, 10:30 AM
(03-08-2016 10:25 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I've read a couple articles today saying that the GOP and various Trump allies are working on coming up with a replacement for him in case he implodes and drops out before November. What do you think, could someone who didn't win the primaries win the GE? Consider

Delicious tidbit! Who would you pick?

ps I think Ryan would get much support.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
03-08-2016, 10:39 AM
Trump said he would drop out if his poll numbers should tank and he had no chance to win. GOP now figuring out what to do should that happen. The article I read said they'd have to get it done by the middle of September. I think we're going to see them purposely malign Trump to get his poll numbers way down so he drops out.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
03-08-2016, 10:45 AM
(03-08-2016 10:39 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Trump said he would drop out if his poll numbers should tank and he had no chance to win. GOP now figuring out what to do should that happen. The article I read said they'd have to get it done by the middle of September. I think we're going to see them purposely malign Trump to get his poll numbers way down so he drops out.

Unprecendeted, the story just keeps getting stranger and stranger.

I don’t think however that anyone has to “purposely malign Trump”, the guy is a self-destructive wrecking ball.

[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
03-08-2016, 10:57 AM
(03-08-2016 10:39 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Trump said he would drop out if his poll numbers should tank and he had no chance to win. GOP now figuring out what to do should that happen. The article I read said they'd have to get it done by the middle of September. I think we're going to see them purposely malign Trump to get his poll numbers way down so he drops out.

Weren't you saying, just yesterday, how the polls were biased and he's in this thing? That was less than 24 hours ago.

Anyway, if they try to add a new candidate now, they will get crushed. But, maybe they can salvage the Senate?

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
03-08-2016, 11:13 AM

He said that during the primaries early on I know, but he hasn't re-said that actually about the real election right? That would be a low even for him to literally drop out of the party nomination out of conceding his own defeat.

If it happened, the thing with picking a successor, they're better off picking someone they don't see a future presidential bid for, like Rubio is still in their minds a guy you can retry next time as it goes for Paul Ryan. Being a sacrificial lamb choice likely marks the career of the picked person as over.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
03-08-2016, 11:15 AM
(03-08-2016 10:30 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Delicious tidbit! Who would you pick?

ps I think Ryan would get much support.
Honestly, I have no idea. I don't like any of them. Kasich polled well against Hillary during the primaries, that's all I can really say.

The polls still seem to be all over the place. A liberal pollster came out with one today that has Trump leading by one point, another came out with one where Clinton is leading by three and another where she's leading by four.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
03-08-2016, 11:57 AM

I hope he doesn't drop out. I refuse to vote Clinton. I will throw my vote away on a 3rd party or write in Bernie Sanders if need be. I will not be voting for any other republican either. I despise Cruz.