Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
30-03-2016, 02:07 PM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(30-03-2016 08:59 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(29-03-2016 11:47 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  An Open Letter to Trump Voters from His Top Strategist-Turned-Defector

Funny, she's saying what I've been saying about him since the start.

I feel so validated. Cool

The weird bit is the "I respect his supporters so much" and why the fuck she got involved with him in the first place. He was obviously toxic early on in his campaign, and the longer it goes on the more toxic he becomes, his supporters the same. Only *after* she quits the PAC (whatever the fuck that is. American politics is fucked up) does she start listening to what he says? Is this how PR people do their jobs? You're hired by a politician so no matter what foul crap pours out of his mouth you don't think "what an asshole", you just find a way to spin it positive.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
30-03-2016, 05:37 PM
(30-03-2016 07:42 AM)morondog Wrote:  Also I disagree. Most of the current furor over Trump is fueled by his campaign - he says horrible things which newspapers love to report, that generates angry backlash from the left, then legions of assholes from the right step in and defend the bullshit. It feeds right into the "the left/the news/everyone is persecuting me because I say it how it is" line that Trump is using. Basically the way things are now, everything Trump does generates a feedback loop that amplifies it immensely.
That's exactly my point, though. There is so much crazy and whacky shit that Trump has said that there is no need to lie or fabricate things to make him look bad. All you have to do is report what he says in context because most of the time, even the context doesn't help. It would take the wind right out of his narrative. I like this analogy: Trump supporters are like viruses that have evolved to become immune to the effects of medicine (the media) because the doctors (journalists) kept using the same drugs even though they had been proven to be ineffective. At this point, I don't think most of them care about what any of the media says about him, even if it's true, because many journalists destroyed their own credibility by reporting inaccurately about him.

The good news is that even if Hillary ends up being elected because someone somehow managed to stop Trump, it probably won't change much for the worse. The GOP, which controls both the House and the Senate as of right now, hates Hillary ten times more than they did Obama. I expect there would be yet another eight years of gridlock.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
30-03-2016, 05:42 PM
Trump was just endorsed by the National Border Patrol Council. Even the border agents want the wall built because it's a mess down there. I can't wait to hear all of the dirt they have on the current adminstration after Obama leaves office.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
30-03-2016, 06:02 PM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2016 06:06 PM by GirlyMan.)
(30-03-2016 05:42 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Trump was just endorsed by the National Border Patrol Council. Even the border agents want the wall built because it's a mess down there. I can't wait to hear all of the dirt they have on the current adminstration after Obama leaves office.

I ain't a member of the National Border Council union representation. But I am a member of AFGE. Would you like to dick with us or otherwise instruct us as to what is best for us? .... you got no fucking clue.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-03-2016, 06:18 PM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2016 06:26 PM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
(30-03-2016 06:02 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-03-2016 05:42 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Trump was just endorsed by the National Border Patrol Council. Even the border agents want the wall built because it's a mess down there. I can't wait to hear all of the dirt they have on the current adminstration after Obama leaves office.

I ain't a member of the National Border Council union representation. But I am a member of AFGE. Would you like to dick with us or otherwise instruct us as to what is best for us? .... you got no fucking clue.
AFGE endorsed Hillary Clinton. And Obama before her. They support the big government candidates that will protect their "good enough for government work" lazy asses. (Not all, but I'm sure you know the government employees I'm talking about)

“We think it is that important: if we do not secure our borders, American communities will continue to suffer at the hands of gangs, cartels and violent criminals preying on the innocent. The lives and security of the American people are at stake, and the National Border Patrol Council will not sit on the sidelines.” -NBPC statement

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
30-03-2016, 06:55 PM

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-03-2016, 07:03 PM
Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
Really?

Hm, my lord (hare krishna)
My, my, my lord (hare krishna)
Oh hm, my sweet lord (krishna, krishna)
Oh-uuh-uh (hare hare)

Now, I really want to see you (hare rama)
Really want to be with you (hare rama)
Really want to see you lord (aaah)
But it takes so long, my lord (hallelujah)
30-03-2016, 09:28 PM
(30-03-2016 02:07 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(30-03-2016 08:59 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Funny, she's saying what I've been saying about him since the start.

I feel so validated. Cool

The weird bit is the "I respect his supporters so much" and why the fuck she got involved with him in the first place. He was obviously toxic early on in his campaign, and the longer it goes on the more toxic he becomes, his supporters the same. Only *after* she quits the PAC (whatever the fuck that is. American politics is fucked up) does she start listening to what he says? Is this how PR people do their jobs? You're hired by a politician so no matter what foul crap pours out of his mouth you don't think "what an asshole", you just find a way to spin it positive.

Politics is prostitution in a very real sense.
30-03-2016, 09:46 PM
(30-03-2016 09:28 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(30-03-2016 02:07 PM)morondog Wrote:  The weird bit is the "I respect his supporters so much" and why the fuck she got involved with him in the first place. He was obviously toxic early on in his campaign, and the longer it goes on the more toxic he becomes, his supporters the same. Only *after* she quits the PAC (whatever the fuck that is. American politics is fucked up) does she start listening to what he says? Is this how PR people do their jobs? You're hired by a politician so no matter what foul crap pours out of his mouth you don't think "what an asshole", you just find a way to spin it positive.

Politics is prostitution in a very real sense.

Prostitution is an ancient and honourable profession. To compare it to politics is an insult to courtesans everywhere Angry

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
31-03-2016, 12:03 AM
(30-03-2016 09:46 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(30-03-2016 09:28 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Politics is prostitution in a very real sense.

Prostitution is an ancient and honourable profession. To compare it to politics is an insult to courtesans everywhere Angry

You're right -- courtesans get fucked, but politicians do the fucking.

I stand corrected.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post