Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
04-08-2016, 06:58 PM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
Pictures of his sons posing with dead lions and other large animals are being shown on national TV now.

That's not going to do him any good either.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
04-08-2016, 07:33 PM
(04-08-2016 06:58 PM)Dom Wrote:  Pictures of his sons posing with dead lions and other large animals are being shown on national TV now.

That's not going to do him any good either.

That will play well with his constituency and not so much with the rest. I simply don’t watch news played on TV so thanks for that tidbit.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
04-08-2016, 07:42 PM

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
04-08-2016, 07:42 PM
(03-08-2016 07:59 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  ... I mean look at all the shit she’s done ...

An excellent compilation FC - many thanks for illuminating just how vapid (and vacuous) the entire bank of Hillary criticism amounts to. But that wall of sh_t shouldn't stand by itself blocking the sun - Hillary's achievements are significant and warrant a wall of their own

Hillary's agenda has been to make a living in the public sphere improving the common welfare - by her lights, certainly, and not in ways everyone would agree with, but generally steering for the betterment of civilization.

Trump's agenda has always been and always will be to bludgeon the public sphere extracting what will improve Trump's material wealth and the public adoration of Trump. The isn't a molecule of civic spirit anywhere inside that glob of mindless self-infatuated cells.

Hillary isn't perfect. Trump is - but his perfection is in being a perfect catastrophe. I'll take imperfection, thanks - it's more human.
[+] 5 users Like Airportkid's post
04-08-2016, 07:51 PM

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
04-08-2016, 09:34 PM
(04-08-2016 02:50 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(04-08-2016 02:49 PM)skyking Wrote:  his nickname is fuckin' muffs, he's a right caustic little shit but we love him.

...he's our caustic little shit. Yes

Huh

OMSelf! I finally get it!

(04-08-2016 03:48 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(04-08-2016 03:40 PM)Lucipurr Wrote:  Sorry for the derail, folks.

This thread has been useless for a long time now.

Au contraire. Most useful derail EVA!

I've just had a major epiphany!

I finally get why people are voting for Trump.

Unsure

Trump is Murika's earmuffs.

I don't know whether to Big Grin or Weeping

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
04-08-2016, 10:10 PM
(04-08-2016 09:34 PM)DLJ Wrote:  ... Trump is Murika's earmuffs ,,,

Not so fast. That would constitute an insult to Muffs and presume Murika has an intellect and taste it doesn't actually possess. Muffs has a fine grasp of the absurd and plays it with the deftness of a virtuoso musician - and some of us have the right ear for that and can appreciate (and even accompany) the cacaphony. Trump on the other hand is tone deaf to the absurd of any dimension, especially his own, and while the Democratic Party and other political arms can play the clueless Mr. Trump like a cracked violin, Murika ain't in on the mirth. Murika would never vote for a Muffs - it hasn't the brains for it. You'll have to get out your shovel and go find another epiphany 'cause that one's pyrite.
[+] 2 users Like Airportkid's post
04-08-2016, 10:48 PM
(04-08-2016 10:10 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  
(04-08-2016 09:34 PM)DLJ Wrote:  ... Trump is Murika's earmuffs ,,,

Not so fast. That would constitute an insult to Muffs and presume Murika has an intellect and taste it doesn't actually possess. Muffs has a fine grasp of the absurd and plays it with the deftness of a virtuoso musician - and some of us have the right ear for that and can appreciate (and even accompany) the cacaphony. Trump on the other hand is tone deaf to the absurd of any dimension, especially his own, and while the Democratic Party and other political arms can play the clueless Mr. Trump like a cracked violin, Murika ain't in on the mirth. Murika would never vote for a Muffs - it hasn't the brains for it. You'll have to get out your shovel and go find another epiphany 'cause that one's pyrite.

Good point; well made.

As an experiment, to use your own words...

(04-08-2016 07:42 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  ...
X's agenda has always been and always will be to bludgeon the public sphere extracting what will improve X's material wealth and the public adoration of X. There isn't a molecule of civic spirit anywhere inside that glob of mindless self-infatuated cells.

Fair enough.

Muffsy does have his moments of bludgeoning the public sphere but in hindsight, X is more likely to be Heywood (minus the public adoration).

You've swayed me.

I change my vote.

Vote: lynch Trump

Vote: Muffsy for President

Big Grin

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
04-08-2016, 11:01 PM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2016 01:34 PM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(03-08-2016 05:54 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I have to disagree. I think he is going to get in. All the people I personally know in real life and all the people I deal with at work (customers and employees) are voting for Trump.

Birds of a feather ...

There's an entire world outside your county lines. It might behoove you to learn a little about it.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
04-08-2016, 11:05 PM
(03-08-2016 07:56 AM)Dom Wrote:  He is going to have a melt down. I just hope it is before the election and not after.

It will be before the election. He doesn't have the strength of character to hold his tongue, nor the wisdom to take on other views with equanimity. He's already splitting the party he represents, not but two weeks after the loud and lousy convention.

His lack of discipline will do him in.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post