Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
05-08-2016, 12:56 AM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(03-08-2016 08:26 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Got an email from our local republican comitee. Looks like the game plan is for down ticket republicans to distance themselves from Trump. Hold the house and senate until 2020. Hillary will win, but if they hold the senate she's a lame duck. No supreme court appointments. No new laws passed.

So -- since their guy ain't winning, freeze up the government?

You're a retired cop -- how in hell can you be cool with a court hamstrung by a personnel shortage?

Message to Republicans: if you don't want to govern, don't run for office, and don't work in Congress.

If you're elected to do a job, fucking do it and quit sandbagging for partisan advantage. You only end up looking like cuntmuffins, you're not fooling anyone, and make even centrists like me happy to shovel the last spadeful into your burial face.

Governance is about compromise. If you can't do that, don't run for office.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 12 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
05-08-2016, 02:12 AM
Yeah, Donald has well and truly fucked himself over. He might slowly ease into more "presidential" behaviour as the election gets closer but he isn't really fooling anyone.
[+] 1 user Likes Lucipurr's post
05-08-2016, 05:43 AM
(04-08-2016 02:34 PM)Lucipurr Wrote:  
(04-08-2016 06:36 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Do you not even see the BLM movement? They just want more free stuff paid for by taxpayers that are barely staying afloat. Oh yeah, to also "Kill Whitey". If the crats get control, we are done.

I despise the BLM movement as much as you do. For the most part, they're just racist cop haters but that is no reason to generalise everyone who is claiming social assistance.

You never know, one day you might need help.

"For the most part, they're..." Oh, the irony. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
05-08-2016, 10:57 AM
(05-08-2016 05:43 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-08-2016 02:34 PM)Lucipurr Wrote:  I despise the BLM movement as much as you do. For the most part, they're just racist cop haters but that is no reason to generalise everyone who is claiming social assistance.

It fits the trump thread because as you know, most Mexican illegals are drug traffickers and rapists. Thar Mexico intentionally sends over, it's only some that are folks looking for work or to live. So why not extend that mentality all around

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
05-08-2016, 11:09 AM
(05-08-2016 10:57 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(05-08-2016 05:43 AM)Chas Wrote:  "For the most part, they're..." Oh, the irony. Drinking Beverage
It fits the trump thread because as you know, most Mexican illegals are drug traffickers and rapists. Thar Mexico intentionally sends over, it's only some that are folks looking for work or to live. So why not extend that mentality all around

Some of them are also painters, floor installers, and roofers...who happen to work their asses off. I just wish I knew enough Spanish that I didn't have to play charades with them.

But once people get a stupid notion in their heads, and it's repeated often enough, it's hard to shake it loose. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
05-08-2016, 11:16 AM
(05-08-2016 05:43 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-08-2016 02:34 PM)Lucipurr Wrote:  I despise the BLM movement as much as you do. For the most part, they're just racist cop haters but that is no reason to generalise everyone who is claiming social assistance.

Bit of an error on my part. I could have probably worded my post a bit better. Proceed with the mocking.
[+] 3 users Like Lucipurr's post
05-08-2016, 11:52 AM
Can you believe it? This guy had a legitimate shot at holding one of the most powerful offices in the world and he blew it because he couldn't shut the fuck up for two seconds. Clinton is now ahead of him even in red states like Georgia.

I'd be happy about this if his opponent wasn't someone who is also terrible, albeit in entirely different ways.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
05-08-2016, 11:53 AM
(05-08-2016 11:16 AM)Lucipurr Wrote:  Proceed with the mocking.

I would but first the coders here should all be ashamed of themselves. You are unfit to code.

[Image: stallman2_1.jpg]

#sigh
05-08-2016, 11:56 AM
This morning the captain of the dive boat I was on said, and I quote, “Anyone one voting for her should be tried for treason and shot”.

This is a guy I have butted heads with before regarding just about everything and I can usually avoid talking politics with him but not today.

I looked at him for a moment, gathered my thoughts and said,“You and I will never agree on this, there is nothing I can say that will change your mind and nothing you can say to change mine. I know you love this country but so do I and just as deeply. We just have very different points of view on how it should be governed. You and I are going to cancel each others vote out in November and I’m OK with that.”

It took everything I had to stay calm and collected and I’m glad I didn’t lose it right then and there.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
05-08-2016, 12:02 PM
(05-08-2016 11:52 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Can you believe it? This guy had a legitimate shot at holding one of the most powerful offices in the world and he blew it because he couldn't shut the fuck up for two seconds.

It's a disorder. He is also vindictive, that's part of it. He would have made a huge mess of international politics - and perhaps the world. As malignant narcissist he doesn't know the difference between truth and lies, and he lashes out when criticized. He is totally unstable and I would not at all be surprised if he still had a complete melt down before the elections.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post