Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
07-09-2016, 02:22 PM
RE: Worrying About a Trump Victory? Don't.
(07-09-2016 01:05 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(07-09-2016 11:53 AM)Anjele Wrote:  What skills do you bring to the employment table? Other than being an oppressed white guy, of course.

I went to school for electronics. I used to have a skilled job as a tester/troubleshooter at a power supply manufacturer. Then our government imported a bunch of Bosnian refugees and moved them into NJ. The company hired a shit ton of them. They knew nothing about the product. They were handed better paying jobs and all they had to do was assemble things by looking at pictures. Maybe I am at the bottom, but it is because others that would also be at the bottom are thrown into my path ahead of me.

It is shitty to be outsourced, but I wonder why you are so certain these workers were better paid than you had been. Because that's not the way things usually work, usually higher paid workers are replaced with people who can be paid less because they're less experienced, younger, etc.

Now if you'd worked for Trump, you'd have been replaced by Polish immigrants working for vodka and spare change.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
07-09-2016, 02:27 PM
(07-09-2016 02:22 PM)julep Wrote:  
(07-09-2016 01:05 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I went to school for electronics. I used to have a skilled job as a tester/troubleshooter at a power supply manufacturer. Then our government imported a bunch of Bosnian refugees and moved them into NJ. The company hired a shit ton of them. They knew nothing about the product. They were handed better paying jobs and all they had to do was assemble things by looking at pictures. Maybe I am at the bottom, but it is because others that would also be at the bottom are thrown into my path ahead of me.

It is shitty to be outsourced, but I wonder why you are so certain these workers were better paid than you had been. Because that's not the way things usually work, usually higher paid workers are replaced with people who can be paid less because they're less experienced, younger, etc.

Now if you'd worked for Trump, you'd have been replaced by Polish immigrants working for vodka and spare change.

Nope. I had been there for a few years and was making about 10.50 an hour. The government offered an incentive to hire the bosnians that were imported. They were not shy about telling everyone what they were being paid. One of them bought a brand new BMW on credit within about a month of being there. She was getting $17.75 an hour according to her. And based on what you would need to make to be able to pay rent/mortgage and a car payment, I believe she was telling the truth.
07-09-2016, 02:59 PM
(07-09-2016 02:27 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(07-09-2016 02:22 PM)julep Wrote:  It is shitty to be outsourced, but I wonder why you are so certain these workers were better paid than you had been. Because that's not the way things usually work, usually higher paid workers are replaced with people who can be paid less because they're less experienced, younger, etc.

Nope. I had been there for a few years and was making about 10.50 an hour. The government offered an incentive to hire the bosnians that were imported. They were not shy about telling everyone what they were being paid. One of them bought a brand new BMW on credit within about a month of being there. She was getting $17.75 an hour according to her. And based on what you would need to make to be able to pay rent/mortgage and a car payment, I believe she was telling the truth.

So you have no proof.

Many companies have policies in place whereby it is against the rules of employment to discuss salaries unless you are management or HR.

But I am sure your situation is special...after all this was a WOMAN supposedly being paid more than your white male self.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
07-09-2016, 03:23 PM
(07-09-2016 02:27 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(07-09-2016 02:22 PM)julep Wrote:  It is shitty to be outsourced, but I wonder why you are so certain these workers were better paid than you had been. Because that's not the way things usually work, usually higher paid workers are replaced with people who can be paid less because they're less experienced, younger, etc.

Doing exactly the same job that you had been, she was being paid around two-thirds more? I find that hard to believe (and if you had been replaced, how did you know that the new employees were telling people about their salaries?)

Also...about the BMW...people who are refugees sometimes have savings from the careers that they had before they had to leave their countries, as well as careers and educations and job skills. There are refugee doctors and lawyers and mechanics and computer experts. She may have had resources that you don't know about that helped her purchase that car.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
07-09-2016, 03:27 PM
(07-09-2016 02:59 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(07-09-2016 02:27 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Nope. I had been there for a few years and was making about 10.50 an hour. The government offered an incentive to hire the bosnians that were imported. They were not shy about telling everyone what they were being paid. One of them bought a brand new BMW on credit within about a month of being there. She was getting $17.75 an hour according to her. And based on what you would need to make to be able to pay rent/mortgage and a car payment, I believe she was telling the truth.

So you have no proof.

Many companies have policies in place whereby it is against the rules of employment to discuss salaries unless you are management or HR.

But I am sure your situation is special...after all this was a WOMAN supposedly being paid more than your white male self.

I know, right?

Next he'll say how she also got welfare. And was seen later in his checkout line buying 40 containers of baby formula.

Laugh out load

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 7 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
07-09-2016, 03:37 PM
(07-09-2016 02:59 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(07-09-2016 02:27 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Nope. I had been there for a few years and was making about 10.50 an hour. The government offered an incentive to hire the bosnians that were imported. They were not shy about telling everyone what they were being paid. One of them bought a brand new BMW on credit within about a month of being there. She was getting $17.75 an hour according to her. And based on what you would need to make to be able to pay rent/mortgage and a car payment, I believe she was telling the truth.

So you have no proof.

That is not to protect the employees, that is to protect the owners because if most people understood the gap most would be outraged, or at least they should be. No other country we call allies has our pay gap between the top and the bottom.

Citizen's United is simply gas on the fire of the union busting and deregulation Reagan started.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-09-2016, 04:13 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2016 07:00 PM by Anjele.)
(07-09-2016 03:37 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(07-09-2016 02:59 PM)Anjele Wrote:  So you have no proof.

That is not to protect the employees, that is to protect the owners because if most people understood the gap most would be outraged, or at least they should be. No other country we call allies has our pay gap between the top and the bottom.

Citizen's United is simply gas on the fire of the union busting and deregulation Reagan started.

Who said it was protecting anyone? Are you fucking high Brian?

You didn't bring up gun control...are you feeling okay today?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
07-09-2016, 05:49 PM
(07-09-2016 11:20 AM)tomilay Wrote:  
(07-09-2016 11:01 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Just apply to Howard University or any of the other HBCU unis and you qualify for a minority scholarship.

I'd be surprised if Birdguy1979 understands that he is free to apply to join a HBCU.

The White Man’s Guide To Getting A Minority Scholarship
Dispelling the Myths – Giving You the Facts
http://www.collegescholarships.org/schol...-guide.htm

"Tennessee State University is so down in its minority—white—population that the State is now funding “scholarships for Caucasian Tennessee residents.” "

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
07-09-2016, 05:54 PM
(07-09-2016 02:00 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(07-09-2016 01:05 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I went to school for electronics. I used to have a skilled job as a tester/troubleshooter at a power supply manufacturer. Then our government imported a bunch of Bosnian refugees and moved them into NJ. The company hired a shit ton of them. They knew nothing about the product. They were handed better paying jobs and all they had to do was assemble things by looking at pictures. Maybe I am at the bottom, but it is because others that would also be at the bottom are thrown into my path ahead of me.

You are always a victim, aren't you?

I’m torn as to which of these two emoji is better suited for Birdie Consider

1) [Image: ZLWjb3b.gif?zoom=2]

2) [Image: kELbtM2.gif?zoom=2]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
07-09-2016, 05:55 PM
Oh, is Birdbrain at it again?