Worst Job Ever?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-09-2015, 09:43 AM
Worst Job Ever?
What was the worst job you ever had?

Mine was in high school when I was working at Burger King...and I was a vegetarian.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like jennybee's post
03-09-2015, 10:02 AM
RE: Worst Job Ever?
I live with my besties and they're a pair of roofers. I've done some roofing - total suckage.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
03-09-2015, 10:10 AM
I ain't never had a job that sucked but once, and it sucked so bad that I won't recount it. I don't even like to think about it.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
03-09-2015, 10:11 AM
Working a telephone switchboard at reception, something I had to do when temping back in the day. Made me cry every day.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
03-09-2015, 10:16 AM
(03-09-2015 10:11 AM)julep Wrote:  Working a telephone switchboard at reception, something I had to do when temping back in the day. Made me cry every day.

Hug
03-09-2015, 10:17 AM
I used to work for a Reebok Shoe Outlet.

To this day I have literal nightmares about working there.

The Drudgery, the Repetition was bad but the worst was the customers. People constantly accusing me of lieing to them. Being talked down to because I worked retail. People thinking I had more power over what happened at the store then I did. Having hard work destroyed only seconds later. Hearing the same 20mins of music on loop for 8 hours a day. The stories I could tell.

A short story for example.

Our store had an on going sale Buy 1 (Full Price) Get 1 50% off Buy 2 (full price) get 3rd pair free.

I have a long line of people streaching about half way threw our large store.

Customer: (Slams 1 pair of shoes on counter in front of me.) I want this part 25% off!

Me: No I'm sorry may the sale is for 50% off the second pair.

Customer: Listen! I want this pair 25% off like your sale says.

Me: (I look to my manager, to the left of me who was ringing up customers as well.) Has the sale changed? (She shakes her head no) I sorry mama you'll have to pay full price for this one but a second pair would be half the price.

Customer: NO! this is how it's going to work. I going to go out there pike up a second pair of shoes and your going to give me 50% of right?

Me: Yes.

Customer: Then i'm going to return the full price pair. and keep the 50% off pair. So i'm doing YOU a favor by just getting 25% off.

Me: No mama. When you do a return with a reset the second pair would go back to full price.

Customer: Then I'll return it with out the reset.

Me: Then you would only get store credit for the value of the shoe.

Customer: (Looks at me. Spits in my face then throws the shoe box at my head.)

Me: Have a nice day. Next customer please.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
03-09-2015, 10:18 AM
I shoveled shit out of a dairy barn. They milked 100 head of cattle twice a day and that produces a lot of shit.

I've also mended fence 8 hours a day on ranches in the hot summer with only rattlesnakes for company.

But the worst, by far, is standing on a baler wagon stacking hay bales in 90 degree weather in a long sleeved shirt and blue jeans trying to keep the hay dust from burrowing into your skin.

There are worse jobs than those, but I haven't had any.
[+] 3 users Like Black Eagle's post
03-09-2015, 10:21 AM
Hands down, working in a fiberglass factory. I only lasted 2 days.

Holy itching.

If you've never worked with fiberglass, consider yourself lucky. I wore a full body suit, a respirator, goggles, the whole 9 yards. The itching didn't stop for almost a freaking week after I quit. When I told them why I wasn't going to be coming back, they just shrugged and said, "yeah, it sucks, but you get used to it."

No. No I won't.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 4 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
03-09-2015, 10:24 AM
I read that stuff, but I cannot "like" any of it. Wink

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
03-09-2015, 10:30 AM
(03-09-2015 10:24 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I read that stuff, but I cannot "like" any of it. Wink

It's a habit. I can't help myself--I'm addicted to the "Like" button Sadcryface2
[+] 6 users Like jennybee's post