Worst Job Ever?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2015, 09:46 AM
RE: Worst Job Ever?
(11-09-2015 08:46 PM)beeglez Wrote:  My first animal hospital job was as a kennel assistant my senior year in high school. The owner's wife was his practice manager. They were religious zealots. The first thing the wife asked me in the job interview was whether I was a Christian. At the time I was, and I said yes. I had no idea at the time that it was illegal. I identified as Christian, but wasn't religious. I didn't pray or talk about Jesus all the time. These people started every work day with prayer. They injected god into everything. At least twice a day, something happened "by the grace of god" or "was god's will". When I was deciding which college to attend, the office manager asked me about it. I told her I was considering a small rather liberal college, and she put a condescending hand on my shoulder and whispered "You know they have LESBIANS there, right?"

One of the worst tasks I had to do at this job involved those giant trash cans on wheels. We had 3 of them in the kennel. Two were for regular trash, and 1 was for feces. They were rolled out to the road every week for the trash collectors. One day, the boss approached two of us and informed us the city had complained about the giant trashcan full of shit. We could still put the shit in the trashcan, but a dedicated shit trashcan was no longer allowed. Our assignment was to "distribute the stools". He actually said "I hate to ask you to do this, but I need you to distribute the stools". This was the middle of summer, and it was probably 90 degrees. The trashcans were full. We had to dump out all the trash, and use pooper scoopers and shovels to pull 40 gallons of packed shit out of the shit can and distribute it evenly to the other trashcans. At least he didn't make us pray first!

Too bad the rest of the world doesn't distribute shit evenly. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
13-09-2015, 07:23 AM
(03-09-2015 09:43 AM)jennybee Wrote:  What was the worst job you ever had?
Flag man for a highway crew during the summer of 1966. For minimum wage. Hot! The pavement was like a frying pan. Just stepping off the pavement onto the grass beside the road was a relief.

Sapere aude
[+] 1 user Likes f stop's post
14-09-2015, 04:49 PM
Worst job I ever had was during my senior year of high school. I worked in the local goodwill as a cashier and sometimes in the back sorting new things that came in. Wow the shit that people donate. Things covered in piss and shit. Bugs crawling in them....and than the store would take any decent stuff and mark it up higher than you would pay retail in a real store. Dodgy

And the assistant manager loved to play mind games with people, constantly threatened to fire me if I was late (I had never been). I was only there to earn money for car insurance for the year, after six months I had enough money and quit.
[+] 1 user Likes jerseygirlar's post
15-09-2015, 03:13 PM
Worst Job Ever?
At the moment I work part time cleaning in a church in addition to university. It's not really such a bad job, just ironic for a gay atheist
[+] 5 users Like alligatortears's post
15-09-2015, 03:38 PM
Changing bed linens in university dorm rooms after Special Olympics. Sadcryface

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
16-09-2015, 09:53 AM
Most of my jobs have been pretty good. My worst would probably be journalist for a college newspaper. My editor was my roommate, and he could be a right dick sometimes. But I didn't mind it.
[+] 1 user Likes Ash's post
16-09-2015, 11:43 PM
(16-09-2015 09:53 AM)Ash Wrote:  Most of my jobs have been pretty good. My worst would probably be journalist for a college newspaper. My editor was my roommate, and he could be a right dick sometimes. But I didn't mind it.

I'm sorry but all I heard was "blah, blah, blah...No shirt Drooling ... Blah, blah, blah Tongue
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
16-09-2015, 11:53 PM
(16-09-2015 11:43 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(16-09-2015 09:53 AM)Ash Wrote:  Most of my jobs have been pretty good. My worst would probably be journalist for a college newspaper. My editor was my roommate, and he could be a right dick sometimes. But I didn't mind it.

I'm sorry but all I heard was "blah, blah, blah...No shirt Drooling ... Blah, blah, blah Tongue

At least his editor didn't sexually harass him. Drinking Beverage
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
16-09-2015, 11:59 PM
(16-09-2015 11:53 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(16-09-2015 11:43 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I'm sorry but all I heard was "blah, blah, blah...No shirt Drooling ... Blah, blah, blah Tongue

At least his editor didn't sexually harass him. Drinking Beverage

Laugh out load
17-09-2015, 12:13 AM
I would hope you would know I was joking, Ash. Wink Your worst job still sounds like a pretty cool job to me. My second worst job was waitressing at a cafe. I liked waitressing but hated my boss. She micromanaged everything. She made us use this finger rule to stock things in the pantry (which no customers could see) so everything was lined up correctly and then she would check it after with a fine tooth comb. So glad to be out of there.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post