Worst Job Ever?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-09-2015, 11:13 AM
RE: Worst Job Ever?
(03-09-2015 11:05 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(03-09-2015 11:03 AM)morondog Wrote:  Hope you're a good swimmer John...

Pull up a chair, Mr. almost 30k. Tongue

No no you see it's de nile... Weeping

My name is Dog and I'm a like whore

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
03-09-2015, 11:15 AM
For me it's a tie between McDonald's and Walmart.

From being honked and screamed at because I didn't take someones money fast enough for an ice cream cone that they thought was melting at the second window when we didn't make it till they got to the window since it took all of 2 seconds. Or getting yelled at after running around the store at Wal-mart looking for some can of pumpkin for a customer. Or someone burping in my face. That and the alarming amount of times meat would come through my till at room temperature.

“We can judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers, our willingness to embrace what is true rather than what feels good.”
― Carl Sagan
[+] 2 users Like Worom's post
03-09-2015, 11:17 AM
(03-09-2015 11:15 AM)Worom Wrote:  That and the alarming amount of times meat would come through my till at room temperature.

Huh Um... people tried to pay you with meat? Your till was linked to the meat dimension?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
03-09-2015, 11:23 AM
(03-09-2015 11:17 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(03-09-2015 11:15 AM)Worom Wrote:  That and the alarming amount of times meat would come through my till at room temperature.

Huh Um... people tried to pay you with meat? Your till was linked to the meat dimension?

Lol no, a bit of a wording error on my part, although with the amount of stuff I saw it wouldn't have surprised me.

To clarify when I would scan meat through and put it in bags, most of the time it was at room temperature, the people apparently went and picked up meat first and then spent another 2 hours shopping with raw meat in thier cart/trolly. Which is the reason I had the biggest bottle of hand sanatizer I could find within arms reach of me at all times when I worked the till.

“We can judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers, our willingness to embrace what is true rather than what feels good.”
― Carl Sagan
[+] 2 users Like Worom's post
03-09-2015, 11:29 AM
After I got back from China, and still with 4 years of G.I. Bill money to burn on education, I decided I was going to study international business and then get a job as a factory representative. It seemed like a rational way to put my language skills and my connections in China to good use. As luck would have it, I had barely started my classes and I landed what I thought was my dream job despite still being 4 years away from the degree listed as a requirement.

Two weeks into it I found it to be the most boring, pointless, ass sweat accumulating in my underwear from sitting at a desk all day answering e-mails thing I'd ever had, and came to the conclusion that I'd rather cut off my balls while setting myself on fire than waste another day of my life pretending like I gave half a shit about production timelines. So I quit, moved back to Las Vegas, got a job at the Mandalay Bay Event Center (another way to put my language skills to use without being confined to a cubicle) to pay the bills between deployments/training, then went to the National Guard recruiter and said I'm bored out of my fucking mind and I miss the military, but I don't wanna go back to active duty so please just put me in whatever unit is deploying next.

Glad I discovered that little tidbit about myself and the job I thought I wanted before I wasted four years of my life getting that degree.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 8 users Like yakherder's post
03-09-2015, 11:30 AM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2015 11:34 AM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(03-09-2015 10:24 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I read that stuff, but I cannot "like" any of it. Wink

(03-09-2015 10:30 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(03-09-2015 10:24 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I read that stuff, but I cannot "like" any of it. Wink

It's a habit. I can't help myself--I'm addicted to the "Like" button Sadcryface2

I haven't started any threads here yet, but in any thread I start, I will like everyone who takes the time to post, unless it's a horseshit post.

I also like posts where someone breaks bad news, not because I am "liking" the bad news, but rather giving them a virtual pat on the shoulders.
[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
03-09-2015, 11:34 AM
When I was 18 I got a temp labor job at a corn processing plant. One time a train car accidently spilled a good amount of corn-meal on the ground, and nobody bothered to clean it up for about a week.
The spill was in a low area, we got heavy storms and it filled with water.
They sent us into the thigh deep mess with shovels and hip-waders to clean it, but by then it was half maggots and it was moving.
That was a weird night.
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
03-09-2015, 12:07 PM
(03-09-2015 10:42 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(03-09-2015 10:38 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I like that people posted--that's what I'm liking. Not that shitty stuff happened to them.. Oh fuck, I'm just a like whore too Sadcryface2

We should form a support group. "likeaholics anonymous"

Hi, my name is Dave and I like liking.

The Twelve Steps for Likers.

1. We admitted we were powerless over liking.
2. Came to believe that a Power Greater than ourselve could restore us to sanity.
3.Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we...

wait a fuck min.

4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5. Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature
of our wrongs.
6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make
amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do
so would injure them or others.
10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly
admitted it.

11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with
God, as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us
and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these Steps, we tried to
carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our
affairs.

Shit. I was just going to be funny and write the AA 12 steps I didn't realize God was so much in it.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 3 users Like Commonsensei's post
03-09-2015, 12:11 PM
(03-09-2015 12:07 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  
(03-09-2015 10:42 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  We should form a support group. "likeaholics anonymous"

Hi, my name is Dave and I like liking.

The Twelve Steps for Likers.

1. We admitted we were powerless over liking.
2. Came to believe that a Power Greater than ourselve could restore us to sanity.
3.Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we...

wait a fuck min.

4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5. Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature
of our wrongs.
6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make
amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do
so would injure them or others.
10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly
admitted it.

11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with
God, as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us
and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these Steps, we tried to
carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our
affairs.

Shit. I was just going to be funny and write the AA 12 steps I didn't realize God was so much in it.

We need to change it to FSM anyway Tongue
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
03-09-2015, 12:27 PM
(03-09-2015 11:09 AM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  Telemarketing for charity as a paid fundraiser. Evil, despicable, cunning tactics were used, including straight-up lying, in order to get people to donate to some causes I actually did support, like the Special Olympics and Planned Parenthood. I was REALLY good at it too. It was during my Freshman year of college and I routinely pulled in massive donations over the phone.

Don't EVER give money over the phone to anyone who's not a volunteer. If I got a donation of over $500 half of that went straight into my paycheck, and the company took a cut too. It's a fucking racket, but still more cost-effective for charities than sending out mailers. Of course this was in the late 90s when the internet wasn't nearly as ubiquitous as it is today - maybe they use more banner ads and junk email than call centers nowadays.

It actually got worst. Now it's not by phone, it's face to face. You use the same tactic than before. You get paid for the job and it's all organised by subcontracting companies. Some have more ethics than others, but the job is still the same and the approach just has aggressive. Almost nobody finances non-profit organisation via internet. These people represent less than 10% of their donors. My worst job was in a juvenile center. I still do it because I think it's important. I give history class there once every week. Some people are really messed up.