Worst Job Ever?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-09-2015, 02:08 PM
RE: Worst Job Ever?
(03-09-2015 10:17 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  I used to work for a Reebok Shoe Outlet.

To this day I have literal nightmares about working there.

The Drudgery, the Repetition was bad but the worst was the customers. People constantly accusing me of lieing to them. Being talked down to because I worked retail. People thinking I had more power over what happened at the store then I did. Having hard work destroyed only seconds later. Hearing the same 20mins of music on loop for 8 hours a day. The stories I could tell.

A short story for example.

Our store had an on going sale Buy 1 (Full Price) Get 1 50% off Buy 2 (full price) get 3rd pair free.

I have a long line of people streaching about half way threw our large store.

Customer: (Slams 1 pair of shoes on counter in front of me.) I want this part 25% off!

Me: No I'm sorry may the sale is for 50% off the second pair.

Customer: Listen! I want this pair 25% off like your sale says.

Me: (I look to my manager, to the left of me who was ringing up customers as well.) Has the sale changed? (She shakes her head no) I sorry mama you'll have to pay full price for this one but a second pair would be half the price.

Customer: NO! this is how it's going to work. I going to go out there pike up a second pair of shoes and your going to give me 50% of right?

Me: Yes.

Customer: Then i'm going to return the full price pair. and keep the 50% off pair. So i'm doing YOU a favor by just getting 25% off.

Me: No mama. When you do a return with a reset the second pair would go back to full price.

Customer: Then I'll return it with out the reset.

Me: Then you would only get store credit for the value of the shoe.

Customer: (Looks at me. Spits in my face then throws the shoe box at my head.)

Me: Have a nice day. Next customer please.

Shocking Ffs.

Where do you live if I may ask?

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2015, 02:13 PM
I can't say I ever had a particularly horrible job -- but a couple come to mind....

Such as -- at a zoo -- they artificially inseminate gorillas - who's the poor schmuck who's got to hand lap the male? I hope they at least get hazard pay.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
03-09-2015, 04:08 PM
(03-09-2015 11:29 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Glad I discovered that little tidbit about myself and the job I thought I wanted before I wasted four years of my life getting that degree.

I had the opposite experience. Spent 1 day doing construction digging ditches for foundations for $4.00/hr. They gave me a work belt and a hammer. Didn't realize the work belt and hammer were coming out of my pay. 9 hours later they told me one more day and I'll have earned my work belt and hammer. Not the best retention strategy. Said "Fuck this shit I gotta go to college.", never showed back up and kept the work belt and hammer figuring I got them at half price.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
03-09-2015, 04:12 PM
Current one.

No pay for us today...maybe not tomorrow either. fml

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
03-09-2015, 04:13 PM
Well.....this one time, at band camp...

Oh wait you said WORST job...

**Crickets** -- God
[+] 5 users Like Tonechaser77's post
03-09-2015, 04:39 PM
Telemarketing for a police activites league charity. My supervisor was a total asshole. If was sick to the point of puking, he would sit a waste bin next to my desk and tell me to keep pounding the phones. I got out of there fast

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Octapulse's post
03-09-2015, 04:55 PM
House mover. The actual house.
Aged 12.

Hunter for roo and pig control. Aged 10.

Fisherman on trawler. Aged 11.

Boiler maker. Aged 13.

Brickies labourer. Aged 14.

Blacksmith. aged 16.

Crop dusting pilot labourer. Aged 8.

Labourer. Aged 9.

Jackaroo aged 15.

House mover. Aged 12.

Many more I cannot recall.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 5 users Like Banjo's post
03-09-2015, 05:29 PM
After reading through this thread, it appears one could make a lucrative career out of knee-capping other people's shitty bosses. Big Grin
[+] 8 users Like pablo's post
03-09-2015, 05:34 PM
Eesh. My jobs have all been wonderful by comparison.

Not that I still haven't tried hard to avoid having a real one. Academia, ho!

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
03-09-2015, 06:09 PM
Driving a forklift at Sams Club for 11 years. And for 4 of those years I worked at night and went to school during the day. I was often so tired that it felt like my body was on fire.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post