Worst Names Ever

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-01-2015, 08:20 PM
RE: Worst Names Ever
Mortimer Bartesque

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
08-01-2015, 09:01 PM
I don't have one of those crazy names that sounds like something else but I really hated my name for years.

My given first name is nearly impossible for people to pronounce so I am often called Angus or Agnes....my maiden name is also nearly impossible for people to get right.

You know how when you are waiting in the doctor's waiting room and they come call you - if they can't say your last name, they say your first instead. Well, I got totally screwed on that. And if they decided to go for both names...OY! - Angus Frittager - really mom, dad...Censored

Good think they learned from it - my sister and brother got names people can actually say correctly.

The only thing it's handy for is when answering the phone - If they ask for Angus or Agnes I know it's not a close personal friend. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
09-01-2015, 01:25 AM
I buy archery supplies from a guy called Richard Head.

Dick Head Longbows.

:V

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
[+] 3 users Like Cetaceaphile's post
09-01-2015, 05:45 AM
Re: Worst Names Ever
Long ago when I worked at a department store, they promoted the guy in charge of jewelry for the company.

Richard Fagg.

So many Dick Fagg jokes.
09-01-2015, 09:14 AM
I thought the thread was gonna be about the utterly ridiculous names people are giving their kids these days. What's with all the Zs and Xs in kids' names? My wife and I are in our child-bearing years, so most of our friends these days are just the parents of kids our son meets at school and various activities. Anyway, in the past year one couple we know had a baby Jaxson (boy) and another had a Kinzley (girl). Ugh.
09-01-2015, 09:44 AM
(09-01-2015 09:14 AM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  I thought the thread was gonna be about the utterly ridiculous names people are giving their kids these days. What's with all the Zs and Xs in kids' names? My wife and I are in our child-bearing years, so most of our friends these days are just the parents of kids our son meets at school and various activities. Anyway, in the past year one couple we know had a baby Jaxson (boy) and another had a Kinzley (girl). Ugh.

My granddaughter, Zyler, and I resemble that remark.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
09-01-2015, 09:47 AM
(09-01-2015 09:14 AM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  I thought the thread was gonna be about the utterly ridiculous names people are giving their kids these days. What's with all the Zs and Xs in kids' names? My wife and I are in our child-bearing years, so most of our friends these days are just the parents of kids our son meets at school and various activities. Anyway, in the past year one couple we know had a baby Jaxson (boy) and another had a Kinzley (girl). Ugh.

Some of the celebrity names are ridiculous. Actually I don't mind Gwenie Paltrow's kid's name, Apple. That's sort of ok. Frank Zappa's daughter's name is Moon Unit. Ugh.

My hippy-dippy brothers named their kids crazy things. One named their son Argon, like the gas, and the other named their son Banchu Mu which is, I think, Japanese. When Banchu Mu was growing up all the other kids started calling him Bango Moo so when he became a teenager he changed his name to something more normal.

I always liked names that are fun to say. Like the old Saturday Night Live character, Roseanne Rosannadanna.

[Image: da286e5fc7a8b395e080fda8ae820869.jpg]

When I was in high school there was a really nice guy whose name was Doug VanDeNinden. I loved to say his last name and had a crush on him mostly because of the name.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
09-01-2015, 08:24 PM
I hate the name that my parents gave me, so much so that I will not reveal it here. When I turned 50 I had it legally changed. That was in violation of what I was taught in Sunday school, namely that doing so violated the commandment about honoring you father and mother.

My father and I share the same first name but have different middle names. My father went by his first name but I was saddled with my middle name, not an uncommon practice but still a bit unusual. Q. What was Clark Gable's middle name? A. Clark.

I know of only two famous people who have my name. One was a rock star back in the 50s. The other is currently a leading man in the movies but he has changed the spelling. It's not pronounced the way it's spelled. Changing the spelling to reflect the way it's pronounced seems to remove the onus. There is one celebrity who not only changed the spelling but split it into two names. Get rid of the first letter and use only the second syllable and you have a quite respectable name that works both as a given name and a surname. One actor with that version of the name won a Oscar.

Hollywood does not like my name. In movies and TV characters that have my name are inevitably foolish, second banana types. The leading man often beats them up. In one movie the villain's henchman has my name. Within half an hour the hero not only beat him up but also killed him. I walked out of the movie.

There is one current TV show whose lead character has my name but they spell it differently.

Sapere aude
10-01-2015, 11:37 AM
Re: Worst Names Ever
I had a buddy named Robin Hood. No, he wasn't crazy over it.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
10-01-2015, 11:40 AM
(09-01-2015 08:24 PM)f stop Wrote:  I hate the name that my parents gave me, so much so that I will not reveal it here. When I turned 50 I had it legally changed. That was in violation of what I was taught in Sunday school, namely that doing so violated the commandment about honoring you father and mother.

My father and I share the same first name but have different middle names. My father went by his first name but I was saddled with my middle name, not an uncommon practice but still a bit unusual. Q. What was Clark Gable's middle name? A. Clark.

I know of only two famous people who have my name. One was a rock star back in the 50s. The other is currently a leading man in the movies but he has changed the spelling. It's not pronounced the way it's spelled. Changing the spelling to reflect the way it's pronounced seems to remove the onus. There is one celebrity who not only changed the spelling but split it into two names. Get rid of the first letter and use only the second syllable and you have a quite respectable name that works both as a given name and a surname. One actor with that version of the name won a Oscar.

Hollywood does not like my name. In movies and TV characters that have my name are inevitably foolish, second banana types. The leading man often beats them up. In one movie the villain's henchman has my name. Within half an hour the hero not only beat him up but also killed him. I walked out of the movie.

There is one current TV show whose lead character has my name but they spell it differently.

This seems like it should be in the Riddle thread. Blink

[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post