Worst Names Ever

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2015, 12:02 PM
RE: Worst Names Ever
Actually, this became a little hobby for me, finding odd names, as I used to have to look fairly extensively through organisational directories as part of my assessment work.

My three favourites, which are real people's names:

Virginia Arce
Nicholas Sex

...and a dark lord of the Sith: Darth Ladopoulos.

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2015, 02:37 AM
Back when Johnny Carson hosted the Tonight Show Johnny had a guest whose name was Donald Duck. Mr. Duck was born before Disney's cartoon character found his way onto the big screen.

Carson asked Duck if he knew anyone named Mickey Mouse. He had not but he had found a woman in the phone book named Minnie Mouse. "I gave her a call," said Duck, "thinking we might do some kind of act together. When I said 'My name is Donald Duck' she hung up."

Sapere aude
11-01-2015, 04:01 AM
Dick Cummings is a pretty hilarious name!

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
11-01-2015, 04:23 AM
I win. My mother is a RN, and she on more than one occasion ran into a child at work named Shithead (pronounced 'sh-thee-d').

Lewis Black backs up that anecdote with others as well, including Asshole (pronounced 'a-shoal-la').

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
11-01-2015, 07:11 AM
One of my daughters went to school with a girl whose name was Pertissue.

Per - Tissue (like a Kleenex).

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
11-01-2015, 07:50 AM
My older brothers friend...Ronald McDonald.
11-01-2015, 09:04 AM
My grandmothers first name was Orpha. I always thought that was kind of mean to name a kid Orpha.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
11-01-2015, 09:28 AM
Wife's family from deep in the woods of Alabama, one grandmother was named Wynema.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
11-01-2015, 09:35 AM
(11-01-2015 09:28 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Wife's family from deep in the woods of Alabama, one grandmother was named Wynema.

Reminds me of my son-in-law's grandmother's name - Fayrene. Backwoods Oklahoma there.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

11-01-2015, 09:48 AM
Probably not the worst name but certainly hated.

When I had my son I called my parents to tell them and my girls that I had a boy. (No ultrasound to know in advance.) I asked my dad if he had any name suggestions...he said - anything but Bernard or Leroy. Yeah, he went through like as BL Lastname. Most people called him Doc. He was much happier with that.